RPI @ Clarkson, Saturday, Feb 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Clarkson, Saturday, Feb 7th

GO RED! GO WHITE! BEAT CLARKSON TONIGHT!
    Let's get some points on the road tonight.

Re: RPI @ Clarkson, Saturday, Feb 7th

2014-15 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    engineerhockeyfan  4- 1- 0  8 points  .800
    Ralph Baer         3- 6- 1  7 points  .350
    fr joe             2- 4- 0  4 points  .333
    DrDemento          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI fan 4 life     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Waite21            0- 2- 0  0 points  .000
    jericho            0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2014-15 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    Ralph Baer        44-43-14 102 points  .505
    fr joe            41-46-10  92 points  .474
    engineerhockeyfan 20-23- 5  45 points  .469
    Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .442
    GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
    burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
    DrDemento          5-18- 3  13 points  .250
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
    jericho            3- 9- 0   6 points  .250
    Waite21            2- 6- 1   5 points  .278
    JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 2   2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI fan 4 life     0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-13-2015, 12:02 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I may be fortunate enough to miss this one tonight. From the description of last night's game, and from neighbors of ours from the Adirondacks who traveled to the game, we really showed very little. i must admit that SLU is a very good and very fast team, but we are a sloppy defensive mess right now. Interesting how we start out many years organized and fall apart either on offense or defense as the season progresses. We really have to turn this around right now-getting swept(which has happened on this road trip lots of times in the past) is just digging the hole a bit deeper for any chances in the playoffs.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Ralph, has anyone asked you what it would take to get these fine tunes synched in for ringtone and alarm clock apps?
        (If no one has, let's start this up and we can get rich from all the residuals that would pour in like Niagara Falls...)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          I may be fortunate enough to miss this one tonight. From the description of last night's game, and from neighbors of ours from the Adirondacks who traveled to the game, we really showed very little. i must admit that SLU is a very good and very fast team, but we are a sloppy defensive mess right now. Interesting how we start out many years organized and fall apart either on offense or defense as the season progresses. We really have to turn this around right now-getting swept(which has happened on this road trip lots of times in the past) is just digging the hole a bit deeper for any chances in the playoffs.
          Once again, you're right Doc. We haven't fallen apart on offense since we haven't really had any all season. How many times have we scored 3 or more times in a game? Not many. Is it the lack of talent? The system? An inability to crash the net? All of the above? I know losing Haggs and Zalewski hurt big time but it just seems that no one has stepped up to make up for the loss of scoring talent. The defense (with the exception of the third Union game and a few others) has not played badly and wouldn't even be discussed if we could average 3-4 goals a game.
          Anyway, I won't be on here tonight since I will be at UAlbany's version of Freakout. A bouncy ball DH. I'll have the radio with me and will check in for score updates. Let's go RED!

Comment

Sorry jericho, I'll be here.

Comment

Doc, in general, I agree with everything you said. But last night's game was all SLU. They played a great game and caused most of our "sloppy mess". If I was an SLU fan, I would be very excited about our chances.
              RPI was smothered for most of the night and just couldn't handle it. SLU was by far the better team.
              Now lets get ready for another tough opponent tonight.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Just looking at some USCHO team pages and I took note of a few things...

When Clarkson holds opponents to no more than one goal, their record is 8-0.
                When they give up two goals, their record is 1-6-3.
                When they give up three or more goals, their record is 1-7-1.
                (When they give up two or more goals... 2-13-4.)

For all their offensive prowess, Union's record in one goal games is 2-8.

Comment

For anyone who might be interested.
                  http://www.clarksonathletics.tv/
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    For anyone who might be interested.
                    http://www.clarksonathletics.tv/
                    Thanks for the video link. After last night's loss only a miracle can get us a first round bye, so to be practical we are playing for home ice and that eventuality is becoming very tenuous.
                    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                      Ralph, has anyone asked you what it would take to get these fine tunes synched in for ringtone and alarm clock apps?
                      (If no one has, let's start this up and we can get rich from all the residuals that would pour in like Niagara Falls...)
                      No one has asked, and I don't know.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Doc, in general, I agree with everything you said. But last night's game was all SLU. They played a great game and caused most of our "sloppy mess". If I was an SLU fan, I would be very excited about our chances.
                        RPI was smothered for most of the night and just couldn't handle it. SLU was by far the better team.
                        Now lets get ready for another tough opponent tonight.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!
                        We are really on the same page. My friends and jenny who watched here, all felt SLU is a very good team and played well. However, we keep saying this stuff over and over. We keep running into what we call hot goalies. Or we run into teams that had their best game. Or worse, we seem to allow more first goals to guys who have not scored before. I maintain simply, we have the talent. Our kids are as good as you will see at this level and have been for years. There is something else at play here. There is a total loss of fundamentals-please count the face offs lost. Watch the special teams-Flaggy is right, we just pass on the perimeter or we just throw the puck back to the blue line for a shot into a crowd. If you lose faceoffs by a 2:1 margin and give up an extra goal per game because of special teams play, how can you expect any sort of success.

Comment

We are really on the same page. My friends and jenny who watched here, all felt SLU is a very good team and played well. However, we keep saying this stuff over and over. We keep running into what we call hot goalies. Or we run into teams that had their best game. Or worse, we seem to allow more first goals to guys who have not scored before. I maintain simply, we have the talent. Our kids are as good as you will see at this level and have been for years. There is something else at play here. There is a total loss of fundamentals-please count the face offs lost. Watch the special teams-Flaggy is right, we just pass on the perimeter or we just throw the puck back to the blue line for a shot into a crowd. If you lose faceoffs by a 2:1 margin and give up an extra goal per game because of special teams play, how can you expect any sort of success.
                          I agree that faceoffs have become an albatross. What I don't know is if our players were better at faceoffs before they arrived at RPI. I have never seen faceoff stats in junior hockey score sheets. Perhaps we are just not recruiting players who have a talent in that area. If so, we should. Our players are indeed as talented as those at other ECAC schools, but that doesn't mean that they are in all areas.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If you are right, than it all comes down to systems and coaching.
                            The only problem I see with that, is that we have seen two coaches in the last 20 years, and they both got the same results.
                            I was only here for Buddy Powers last season, and he wasn't much different. At least in that season. We did make it to the NCAAs but we lost a lot of games that season that we should have won. Sound familiar?
                            I wish I had the answer, but even if I did, no one would listen to me.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            Gary Player

Comment

If you are right, than it all comes down to systems and coaching.
                              The only problem I see with that, is that we have seen two coaches in the last 20 years, and they both got the same results.
                              I was only here for Buddy Powers last season, and he wasn't much different. At least in that season. We did make it to the NCAAs but we lost a lot of games that season that we should have won. Sound familiar?
                              I wish I had the answer, but even if I did, no one would listen to me.
                              At least for a while we got to see the ECAC semifinals and finals. It has been so long that i forget the feeling of having someone to root for after the first week in March. Powers was not Mr personality or Mr suave, but he got the job done as you can see from his record. Most of us can recall the entire tenure of Dan Fridgen. His 12 years were also very much up and down, however, there were only 4 losing seasons total.

Comment

Working...
                              X