PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 2-6 & 2-7

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Driftryder
02-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Minnesota is back at Mariucci Arena for 2 games against Ohio State this weekend. Friday game is at 8pm and is on the BTN, Saturday game is at 7pm and is on FSN plus. Ohio State was off last weekend and the Gophers are coming off a win and tie at Wisconsin.

Go

gopher wes
02-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Idk.

I was away from internets for the weekend, but I did get to watch both sconnie games. I was not happy with the outcome of a win and tie, per se, given how many goals were given up. But I wasn't necessarily disappointed either. Then I read GPL this morning and now I feel like slitting my wrists.

No idea what to think anymore.

Driftryder
02-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Idk.

I was away from internets for the weekend, but I did get to watch both sconnie games. I was not happy with the outcome of a win and tie, per se, given how many goals were given up. But I wasn't necessarily disappointed either. Then I read GPL this morning and now I feel like slitting my wrists.

The offensive zone effort was there this weekend, which was nice to see, but they forgot about the defensive side a bit here and there. The high slot and circles were open for Bucky and they scored a few goals from that area. Wilcox seems shaky right now too which is never good this time of year.

I still hold out hope they can win some more games and get into the tourney one way or another. Need to sweep at home this weekend.

I have no clue about Ohio State (other than record) can any Ohio State fans give us the scoop on your team?

gopher wes
02-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Definitely not the Wilcox we are used to seeing. Not sure what is going on with him, whether it is effort or mental or...? He was terribly out of position on a couple of those goals this weekend and gave up a couple real softies on top of that. I would like to see him bounce back as I'm not sure Lehr and/or benching Wilcox, even just for a game or two, is the answer.

ScoobyDoo
02-02-2015, 12:38 PM
With this teams defense the only way they're going to win is if they outscore the other team. The gave up something like 9 goals to a Wisconsin team that before the weekend couldn't find the net with a map and a flashlight.

Driftryder
02-02-2015, 12:57 PM
That's how Michigan is winning.

Offense

Tiggsy
02-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Definitely not the Wilcox we are used to seeing. Not sure what is going on with him, whether it is effort or mental or...? He was terribly out of position on a couple of those goals this weekend and gave up a couple real softies on top of that. I would like to see him bounce back as I'm not sure Lehr and/or benching Wilcox, even just for a game or two, is the answer.

It's probably not the answer, but at this point there is very little to lose. Let the goalies split this series. Let Wilcox play Saturday but still let him know he's number one. Maybe that would give him a bit of a break and not turn him into a Keumper head case.

Tiggsy
02-02-2015, 01:00 PM
That's how Michigan is winning.

Offense

Defense wins championships. It's so lame to say but obviously it is true.

Bonin21
02-02-2015, 01:04 PM
If we can win 19-0 on Friday, we'll pull even with Michigan on Big Ten goal differential. If the worst thing to happen to hockey didn't exist, a win would put us at 11 points to Michigan's 14.

Slap Shot
02-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Even If the Gophers only remaining hope is an auto-bid I think they need two cracking wins to boost the confidence quotient for the conference tournament.

ScoobyDoo
02-03-2015, 11:03 AM
My advice to OSU is to shoot and shoot often. Just get the puck on net. Minnesota doesn't collapse or play the box 5 on 5 like teams do against them. Just fire away. You'll score enough to win without too much trouble.

SanTropez
02-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Team rally's round c reilly, wilcox plays like he is capable and we sweep the uglier helmets.

Tiggsy
02-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Team rally's round c reilly, wilcox plays like he is capable and we sweep the uglier helmets.

Replace Wilcox with Lehr and I think you've got it.

captain beefheart
02-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Idk.

I was with you up until the gpl part. Do you care to elaborate?

gopher wes
02-03-2015, 02:45 PM
I was with you up until the gpl part. Do you care to elaborate?
Just lots of negativity from fellow posters. Not saying that it wasn't warranted, but I didn't feel that bad about the weekend.

ScoobyDoo
02-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Just lots of negativity from fellow posters. Not saying that it wasn't warranted, but I didn't feel that bad about the weekend.

Gave up 9 goals to one of the worst scoring teams in all of college hockey. What's not to feel bad about? Not only that but they took out our best scoring threat potentially for the rest of the season.

gopher wes
02-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Gave up 9 goals to one of the worst scoring teams in all of college hockey. What's not to feel bad about? Not only that but they took out our best scoring threat potentially for the rest of the season.
Like I said, I wasn't THAT mad/disappointed. Not as mad as most anyway.

SanTropez
02-03-2015, 03:55 PM

Even great teams have weekends where they may give up too many goals or don't play the best, it happens. Not saying this team is great, but I hardly think it's the crappiest team ever as you would think by reading the various interweb forums.

ScoobyDoo
02-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Even great teams have weekends where they may give up too many goals or don't play the best, it happens. Not saying this team is great, but I hardly think it's the crappiest team ever as you would think by reading the various interweb forums.

Have you checked the goaltending stats of one Mr. Wilcox over the past two months? I think he's in the bottom 10 in the NCAA. Got nothing to do with one weekend, it's been this way a long while.

Pirateasaur
02-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Defense wins championships. It's so lame to say but obviously it is true.

Ugh, I know. The winning team should be whichever one scores the most goals, not defends the most goals.