Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU vs. Bye Feb 6 & 7: Haven't cared for a month, why start now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU vs. Bye Feb 6 & 7: Haven't cared for a month, why start now?

SCSU coming off not only a road sweep of CC but outscoring them 13-2 in the Springs. With a full slate of NCHC games, Bye is actually coming off a bye.

My question to SCSU fans is where do you rank this rivalry and where do you put Bye fans in the worst/most obnoxious rankings?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU vs. Bye Feb 6 & 7: Haven't cared for a month, why start now?

Bye fans are the biggest bandwagon fans. They only come out a few times a year. They have no spirit, no heart and they are pretty hallow. Obnoxious rating 9.

As far as rivals, it's hard to get behind them in front of them or gain any traction or momentum on them.
    Rival rating 0.
    Last edited by hockeykrazy; 02-01-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Wow you guys are funny. Not ha ha funny, but funny.....
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        Wow you guys are funny. Not ha ha funny, but funny.....
        You act like this is the first time you've seen a SCSU vs. Bye thread.

Speaking of bandwagon, now that we won convincingly in the Springs, is everyone back on?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

Speaking of bandwagon, now that we won convincingly in the Springs, is everyone back on?
          Sweep Bye and we'll talk.

Comment

I was never off the bandwagon. I think we can beat any NCHC team. I don't like our chances to win a playoff series on the road against UND, but anyone else I like our chances. I think we need to go 6-2 in our last 8 games to get into autobid territory though. Sweep at Duluth, split at home against UNO, split at North Dakota and sweep Denver at home to me is the most likely scenario for that to occur. Not out of the question.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I said over on our board that the team has to do more than beat a very bad CC team for me to believe the team has turned the corner. Now if they go up to Duluth and win/tie or sweep then I will say things have turned around.

As for the vs bye my comments have more to do with the same tired old stuff. That is why nobody post on here any more. I look on here a few days a week but don't post to often any more.
              Last edited by scsutommyboy; 02-02-2015, 10:21 PM.
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

You guys are the most underrated team in all of college hockey right now.

I'm coming up for both of UNO's games there in 3 weeks with Mrs. Red Cows.

It's ironic that I have never attended a UNO/SCSU game in St. Cloud (although there have not been a ton of opportunities). As I have mentioned in other threads, previously, my mom is an SCSU alum, as is her brother, and, my grandmother's brother, my great uncle, Larry Anderson, played hockey for SCSU in 1948. My mom graduated from St. Cloud Tech in 1954, and she is buried in North Star Cemetery in St. Cloud after she died, in St. Cloud, in 1991 and was buried in that cemetery right next to my grandparents.

Another interesting sidebar, the couple that has UNO season tickets right next to us here in Omaha at the CenturyLink Center, are from St. Cloud. They are both SCSU alums as well. I would guess them to be 5-7 years older than me and Mrs. Red Cows. 60-65ish? They actually met at the school, there. Their children live there, currently. I have never asked them how or why they became UNO hockey fans as opposed to being SCSU loyalists although I suspect this might be rooted in the fact that UNO was not in the same conference as SCSU until the '10-'11 season.

One of former SCSU player Larry Anderson's sons (who is a North Dakota fan) has two children that are currently attending SCSU. And, by the way, Larry is still with us and living in Towner, ND.

I have serious concerns about UNO's series there against SCSU on that Olympic ice. IMHO, I think that weekend makes or breaks us for the Penrose.
                Last edited by Red Cows; 02-05-2015, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

It's ironic that I have never attended a UNO/SCSU game in St. Cloud (although there have not been a ton of opportunities). As I have mentioned in other threads, previously, my mom is an SCSU alum, as is her brother, and, my grandmother's brother, my great uncle, Larry Anderson, played hockey for SCSU in 1948. My mom graduated from St. Cloud Tech in 1954, and she is buried in North Star Cemetery in St. Cloud after she died, in St. Cloud, in 1991 and is buried in that cemetery right next to my grandparents.

Another interesting sidebar, the couple that has UNO season tickets right next to us here in Omaha at the CenturyLink Center, are from St. Cloud. They are both SCSU alums as well. I would guess them to be 5-7 years older than me and Mrs. Red Cows. 60-65ish? They actually met at the school, there. Their children live there, currently. I have never asked them how or why they became UNO hockey fans as opposed to being SCSU loyalists although I suspect this might be rooted in the fact that UNO was not in the same conference as SCSU until the '10-'11 season.

One of former SCSU player Larry Anderson's sons (who is a North Dakota fan) has two children that are currently attending SCSU. And, by the way, Larry is still with us and living in Towner, ND.

I have serious concerns about UNO's series there against SCSU on that Olympic ice. IMHO, I think that weekend makes or breaks us for the Penrose.
                  That's all well and nice but I am still irked we didn't get a point on the road against UNO especially after the way we outplayed them Friday eve. Revenge I tell you, revenge!
                  Maybe I'll see you at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    I was never off the bandwagon. I think we can beat any NCHC team. I don't like our chances to win a playoff series on the road against UND, but anyone else I like our chances. I think we need to go 6-2 in our last 8 games to get into autobid territory though. Sweep at Duluth, split at home against UNO, split at North Dakota and sweep Denver at home to me is the most likely scenario for that to occur. Not out of the question.
                    I think the most likely way to get there is winning all four games at home and splitting on the road, but seeing as how Duluth is my birthday weekend and while I won't remember much of it, I'll be there for both games, I like your road to 6-2 better!

Comment

It's ironic that I have never attended a UNO/SCSU game in St. Cloud (although there have not been a ton of opportunities). As I have mentioned in other threads, previously, my mom is an SCSU alum, as is her brother, and, my grandmother's brother, my great uncle, Larry Anderson, played hockey for SCSU in 1948. My mom graduated from St. Cloud Tech in 1954, and she is buried in North Star Cemetery in St. Cloud after she died, in St. Cloud, in 1991 and is buried in that cemetery right next to my grandparents.

If there's any fairness, you guys will play a slightly better series than us in Cloud, and we'll walk away with 6 points.

I messaged you my contact info before the Omaha series but never heard from you and alas, lost or just can't find your business card from last year. Message me you number if you want to grab a drink before or after one of the games in a few weekends. I'm not sure yet which one, but it looks like I'll be at one of the two games, and we're leaning towards Saturday.

Comment

Sounds like you sit next to my parents...
                        UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
                          Sounds like you sit next to my parents...
                          Do their first names start with an M & and G?

Comment

If there's any fairness, you guys will play a slightly better series than us in Cloud, and we'll walk away with 6 points.

I messaged you my contact info before the Omaha series but never heard from you and alas, lost or just can't find your business card from last year. Message me you number if you want to grab a drink before or after one of the games in a few weekends. I'm not sure yet which one, but it looks like I'll be at one of the two games, and we're leaning towards Saturday.
                            I got the email you sent me today, subsequently to this post. I'll be responding via email when our plans firm up.

Comment

Do their first names start with an M & and G?
                              Yep, small world
                              UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Working...
                              X