PDA

View Full Version : RPI & Union @ SLU & Clarkson (2/6, 2/7)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ralph Baer
01-30-2015, 09:05 PM
Discuss :)

hockeyplayer1015
01-30-2015, 09:10 PM
Sorry, focusing on Clarkson, we'll worry about that "other" engineering school in 24 hours.

Ralph Baer
01-30-2015, 09:26 PM
Sorry, focusing on Clarkson, we'll worry about that "other" engineering school in 24 hours.

I know. RPI isn't playing tomorrow so I started the thread. :)

Saints#1
01-30-2015, 09:30 PM
I know. RPI isn't playing tomorrow so I started the thread. :)

I don't mind some banter while we wait until our meeting next weekend. I'll take any bits of entertainment I can get ;)

aweise
01-30-2015, 09:39 PM
We're focusing on Dartmouth. One weekend at a time, Ralph! 😄

Ralph Baer
01-30-2015, 09:43 PM
We're focusing on Dartmouth. One weekend at a time, Ralph! ��

Really? I think that quite a few of your fans are still focused on us. :D

aweise
01-30-2015, 10:14 PM
Really? I think that quite a few of your fans are still focused on us. :D

To paraphrase a particular coach...

"We're on to Dartmouth."

Saints#1
01-31-2015, 09:36 PM
Can we start our discussions now that the SLU/Clarkson is a wrap? ;) :D

Ralph Baer
01-31-2015, 09:38 PM
Can we start our discussions now that the SLU/Clarkson is a wrap? ;) :D

Why not? :)

Ralph Baer
01-31-2015, 09:38 PM
To paraphrase a particular coach...

"We're on to Dartmouth."

I think that Dartmouth was on to you. :p

Saints#1
01-31-2015, 09:46 PM
Why not? :)

Sounds good to me! :)

After tonight's HUGE win over Clarkson we will be looking to continue our momentum at home against RPI and Union ... It won't be easy as it never is in this league, but you have to like our chances with the way we have been playing lately. It should be two competitive hard fought games. I will be there for Saturday, I hope I don't curse them as I usually tend to do! ;):o

Ralph Baer
01-31-2015, 09:53 PM
Sounds good to me! :)

After tonight's HUGE win over Clarkson we will be looking to continue our momentum at home against RPI and Union ... It won't be easy as it never is in this league, but you have to like our chances with the way we have been playing lately. It should be two competitive hard fought games. I will be there for Saturday, I hope I don't curse them as I usually tend to do! ;):o

You won't have any problem with RPI. We can't win up north when we are playing well. :(

Saints#1
01-31-2015, 09:59 PM
You won't have any problem with RPI. We can't win up north when we are playing well. :(

I wouldn't be so sure about that one. RPI the last few years has given fits at Appleton Arena. I like our chances and we certainly do have a big edge at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest by any outcome. Here's hoping it a good hard fought battle .. with the Saints pulling it out in the end of course! ;)

TimU
02-01-2015, 08:53 AM
It's the ECAC. Anything from 0 to 4 points for anyone won't be too much of a shocker. That said, St. Lawrence is playing very well. If they just keep doing what they've been doing, everything should take care of itself. Easier said that done though.

FlagDUDE08
02-01-2015, 11:28 AM

Although in 04-05, we were craptastic that year, and swept the NC trip.

FlagDUDE08
02-01-2015, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't be so sure about that one. RPI the last few years has given fits at Appleton Arena. I like our chances and we certainly do have a big edge at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest by any outcome. Here's hoping it a good hard fought battle .. with the Saints pulling it out in the end of course! ;)

Hey, it could be that game in 08-09. :eek:

critsports
02-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Discuss :)

I'm wary........Union in particular and RPI to a lesser extent are Jeckyll and Hyde. Very hard to predict what you will get and which team will show up. We are on a roll but I still don't think we've established Appleton with as big of a home ice advantage as we could. Particularly early.....we were far better on the road.

Always very hard to predict any ECAC tilt let alone one's where the teams are fairly equal.

Saints#1
02-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Hey, it could be that game in 08-09. :eek:

Are you referring to the 7-6 OT win by RPI? If so, I was at that game and remember it very well. What a weird/wild game that one was!!! :eek:

FlagDUDE08
02-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Are you referring to the 7-6 OT win by RPI? If so, I was at that game and remember it very well. What a weird/wild game that one was!!! :eek:

That was the first year I could have made the drive up; for some reason, I didn't. Ever since, while I think only missing one year, I make the trip up there. I won't go to CCT; I'd rather not get in a fight at a game.

Saints#1
02-01-2015, 11:38 AM
That was the first year I could have made the drive up; for some reason, I didn't. Ever since, while I think only missing one year, I make the trip up there. I won't go to CCT; I'd rather not get in a fight at a game.

Good choice to not go there ... It's not anything atmosphere wise I would call an intimidating place by any means, but put a bar in an arena with a bunch of complete morons and you've got yourself a recipe for trouble! I avoid that place like the plague! :p