Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1/30 & 1/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1/30 & 1/31

Minnesota travels to Madison to take on Bucky this weekend, Friday game is at 8pm and Saturday's game is at 7pm, both are on the BTN. This past weekend the Gophers lost 2 games in the North Star Cup (Mankato and Duluth) and Wisconsin was swept by Michigan.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1/30 & 1/31

At the beginning of the season this series would be one of several that I'd really be looking forward to but, now that it's arrived, feelings of 'meh' have taken over. Since the break the teams are a combined 3-10-3, and were 0-4 this past weekend. My prediction: one of them is going to win a game, and one of them will earn an extra point in a shootout.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Remarkable that should Bucky do the unthinkable and win 2 games it would result in both these programs being somewhere between 5 and 10 wins short of this season's expectations.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Remarkable that should Bucky do the unthinkable and win 2 games it would result in both these programs being somewhere between 5 and 10 wins short of this season's expectations.
        Don't worry, Bucky won't win two.....
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Same result as the last series, because both teams suck, the badgers are historically terrible, and the Gophers are awful in the shootout.

Comment

The Quest To Fire Eaves heads to a pivotal matchup this weekend. Will the Badgers take advantage of a Gopher team struggling to finish? Or will they find a way to the top of the ****heap mountain that is this seasons ineptitude and get swept, losing by a 7-goal aggregate while getting outshot 3 to 1?
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Unfortunately I already bought tickets for this and invited friends etc.

The Quest To Fire Lucia heads to a pivotal matchup this weekend.
              Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-26-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I could see this series being pretty close, would be surprised if any team sweeps.
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Why bother posting? I'll just be accused of sandbagging again.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Why bother posting? I'll just be accused of taking banter too personally again.

Good point.

Comment

I tweeted this Saturday night but it's amazing how both of these teams miss guys like Keegan Meuer and Tom Serratore. Neither team has an energy guy that can go out in one shift and flip the momentum of the game. Wisconsin especially lacks his. Soleway tries to stir the pot sometimes but he's not a good enough skater to do the things guys like Meuer did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        I tweeted this Saturday night but it's amazing how both of these teams miss guys like Keegan Meuer and Tom Serratore. Neither team has an energy guy that can go out in one shift and flip the momentum of the game. Wisconsin especially lacks his. Soleway tries to stir the pot sometimes but he's not a good enough skater to do the things guys like Meuer did.
                        I'd take 5 Tom Serratore's on the Gophers right now over any 5 of the high priced talent guys you can name.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It would seem we are really missing the services of Condon and Holl as well as Serratore on this years squad.
                          sigpic

Comment

For perhaps the first time in my 25+ years watching Gopher/Badger Hockey, I just can't seem to get worked up in any way, shape or form about this series...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGopher View Post
                              For perhaps the first time in my 25+ years watching Gopher/Badger Hockey, I just can't seem to get worked up in any way, shape or form about this series...
                              Same here. Of course the fact that this is hands down the worst Badger team in the program's modern era history has disintegrated any excitement left in the season. Everyone in Badgerland is just waiting to see when/if the axe will fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X