Spirit the Seawolf vs. Wildcat Willy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit the Seawolf vs. Wildcat Willy

UAA coming off a weeks rest after vanquishing the dump bears of UA_.
    NMU coming off a tough loss and a tie with Penn of the ribald B1G.
    Northern was here in Anchorage in late November when they still had a head coach and did pretty well for themselves.
    I'm hoping UAA will return the favor while visiting the far north of Michigan.

Re: Spirit the Seawolf vs. Wildcat Willy

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    UAA coming off a weeks rest after vanquishing the dump bears of UA_.
    NMU coming off a tough loss and a tie with Penn of the ribald B1G.
    Northern was here in Anchorage in late November when they still had a head coach and did pretty well for themselves.
    I'm hoping UAA will return the favor while visiting the far north of Michigan.
    We have a head coach again.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      We have a head coach again.
      Well, that's good. Distractions with a head coach can be a bit annoying...
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Well, that's good. Distractions with a head coach can be a bit annoying...
        A D Forrest “run from UA_ “Karr with the fine help from Officers G.Toody and F. Muldoon found nothing wrong at NMU. They also investigated all infractions at UA_ for him and never found anything wrong there either.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

The Superior Dome at The Berry looks like a cross between The Igloo (located about halfway between Anchorage and the berg on the edge of nowhere) and an alien spaceship.
          Nothing negative intended.
          That's just the first impression I had when I looked at the The Dome on Google Earth.
          Go ahead take a look.

Edit: OK I don't know how to post pictures on here or would have
          Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 01-26-2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

NMU takes both games. They havent taken a series in awhile and Walt is back. You know he is going to be fired the **** up and so will the Cats. Would be nice to see Dahlstrom record his 5th shutout of the season too. NMU will have to pick up the D a bit for that to happen.
            Go Cats!

Comment

Come on Wildcats!

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

I take it Dahlstrom is good for this series after getting cut Saturday?
                Go Cats!

Comment

It's really only been one weekend but after a couple of pretty distinctive changes in strategy I'm think that Thomas has found something that works. If the Seawolves play the same game they played up in the Craphole-on-a-River that they're perfectly capable of their second road sweep of the season.

I expect low scoring defensive games and the team that is most opportunistic to come away with the wins.

Mantha will outplay Dahlstrom.

Suck it Marquettites.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                    Mantha will outplay Dahlstrom
                    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Nope.
                    Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                      BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Nope.
                      Start drinking heavy on Thursday and it won't feel so bad on Sunday.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post

Mantha will outplay Dahlstrom.
                        Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                        BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Nope.
                        Saw the two games in Anchorage and Mantha was the best goalie playing that weekend.
                        I expect to see the same goalie performance next weekend with a different score result.
                        From watching both teams recent play the Seawolves should sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          Saw the two games in Anchorage and Mantha was the best goalie playing that weekend.
                          I expect to see the same goalie performance next weekend with a different score result.
                          From watching both teams recent play the Seawolves should sweep.
                          I've seen both of them this month (and NMU four times overall). Dahlström wasn't "right" against us, and his being cut last weekend can't help that. Mantha was more impressive in Huntsville.

Go Wildcats.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

If the Cats get swept, I will be taking a walk away from hockey... It's taken a while to get there... Been with this team through it all... This year just seems to be pushing the right buttons however
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I know the feeling, but I support the players and staff 100%.

It's just that there is something wrong behind the scenes. I don't know what, but there are a lot of dark clouds hanging over the Athletic Department as a whole.

Hockey just seems to be caught up the turbulence of it all.

I posted some things after the Alaska Excursion; players weren't quite right, and it was noticeable by all. The offense went cold. Dahlstrom was only at 70 or 80% (and still better than most the nation). But something out of the players or coaches control just seemed to be nagging.

The 'Cats took a skid. I called it "statistical correction" and got beat up for it, but again, the hot start, scoring by committee couldn't keep pace and sure enough, December was a tough month for offense-men scoring. Turns out, Dahlstrom WAS injured at that Alaska series.

I really think the 'Cats can put it all together. Sure they can't make a run at the Broadmoor this year, but if this team can somehow ignore all the behind the scene bullsh**, they still have a legitimate shot at earning home ice.

Giving up late goals the last few weeks has been killer. Did it with untimely penalties against MTU and twice against Penn State. But, there was still a push to race for the puck. The players are still giving it as much as they can at the end of these games.

There is just... Goddammit I wish I could pinpoint it... just something or a lot of somethings happening athletic wide that makes this season seem more insufferable than the past.

The other thing is, this team ISN'T terrible! With all the bullsh** going on, they're still .500. League play isn't where I would want to see it at (currently 6-8-4), but we're 9-9-6 overall!

The tough part is, including this Anchorage weekend, three of the remaining six weekends are against Ranked* teams.

This team has the chance to go 21-9-6 or 9-21-6. And I'll be da**ed if these 'Cats, with Walt at the helm, can't run the table on the rest of the season.

* And by ranked, I mean by the silly USCHO/USA Today bullsh** that makes the football schools feel happy about having a superscript number next to their team name.
                              Last edited by aparch; 01-28-2015, 11:03 AM.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                              X