Spirit the Seawolf vs. Wildcat Willy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spirit the Seawolf vs. Wildcat Willy

Did Seckel say a magic word to an official? Because that has to be the first time I've seen a misconduct after a hook.

Dahlstrom injury didn't look so minor this time.

Comment

You can't go 0-6 on the PP and expect to win.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post

He looked like he was in a lot of pain. I doubt he we will be ready for tomorrow night. I just hope he is healthy by next weekend for Duluth.
        Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
          He looked like he was in a lot of pain. I doubt he we will be ready for tomorrow night. I just hope he is healthy by next weekend for Duluth.

It seemed like he wasn't putting weight on either leg as he was basically carried off. I wouldn't be surprised if it's long term. Plus one of our best players (Shine) will be out for an extended time with an upper body injury. Jones is an offensive minded defenseman with experience playing forward so he was a logical choice to move up.

Comment

Did Seckel say a magic word to an official? Because that has to be the first time I've seen a misconduct after a hook.

After Seckel went to the box he slapped the water bottle all the way from his side to the Seawolves penalty box side nearly hitting the AA player that was in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              You can beat your rival twice on the road but then go on the road again against a team that isn't as good as your rival and you lose 5-3? That's an awful result against NMU. This season is shaping up to be nearly as awful as John Hill's second year. I'm questioning everything at this point. Are players committed to playing hard? I don't know ... Is the coach just playing for next year and the year after? I dunno ...

Not a happy Seawolf fan here by any measure. I've got decades now of watching my team get crap results and sit down at the bottom of the standings.
              Not as good? Didn't that team go 1-1 vs your rival in their barn?
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Not as good? Didn't that team go 1-1 vs your rival in their barn?
                Yes. Fairbanks is objectively a better team than Northern. They just don't have good goaltending or anything to play for.

Comment

Ugh to both Dahlstrom being carried off the ice and to Seckle's antics. Nice to see some fire from the guys, but he needs to rein that in a smidge.

Nervous watching Twitter tonight seeing UAA tie the game up on the first three Wildcat goals. Glad that the 'Cats were able to keep up the amazing PK. What a bright spot that has been this season.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well that result sucks.
                    Gave away 2 much needed points.
                    And the much anticipated goalie matchup was a non-event.
                    One goalie disabled and the other not playing up to his standards.
                    Looking for a much different outcome on the scoreboard this afternoon.
                    Go Seawolves!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                      Well that result sucks.
                      Gave away 2 much needed points.
                      And the much anticipated goalie matchup was a non-event.
                      One goalie disabled and the other not playing up to his standards.
                      Looking for a much different outcome on the scoreboard this afternoon.
                      Go Seawolves!
                      Call it female intuition, but I have a very strong feeling that UAA will win tonight. I hope I'm right!
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Doan in net for the Cats. Dun backing him up. Also,Vandercook in the lineup in place of Seckel.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                          Doan in net for the Cats. Dun backing him up. Also,Vandercook in the lineup in place of Seckel.
                          Jones at center again as well. Are Adair and Purpur injured?

Comment

Jones at center again as well. Are Adair and Purpur injured?
                            Adair has been out since getting crunched by MTU in Marquette. Not sure about Purpur.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                              Adair has been out since getting crunched by MTU in Marquette. Not sure about Purpur.
                              Forgot about that hit, my bad. Purpur seemed fine at Penn State last week. Just weird seeing Jones up front.

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                                Cats sweep. Dahlstrom gets his 5th shutout.
                                Technically... he didn't let any goals by while he was on the ice. My prediction, technically speaking, could still come true.
                                Go Cats!

Comment

Working...
                                X