Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
    Well played, Mauer. Well played.
    That's not my creation. That's all BigBlue_DL.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Doggone.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

sorry. I've been screaming (!!!) about the Walt Kyle scandal all week. the minute I read the suspension story I turned to the mister and said guess who's screwing the help? that was THE most transparent statement ever issued. the AD should be fired for putting * like that out. LOL. trust me. I know but, gawd, I hated to put an accusation on a public site. of course we all know the coaches don't read the boards ...
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          Doggone.

GFM
          no tears for the Chargers. we've sat through several 4 win seasons. you already have 7!!
          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            That's not my creation. That's all BigBlue_DL.
            Well, kind of. My joke was "Union hasn't won anything since the civil war!" back when Union was still terrible.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Great to see we won, I was out with the wife tonight and missed the game for the most part. The funny thing is I started streaming it at the bar/tasting room we were at and the person next to me asked who was playing and I told them I was watching Michigan Tech and they were shocked because their daughter went there and there son had gone to many hockey camps there and they knew the town quite well. I run into a surprising amount of Tech alums or people who had brothers/sisters/parents/etc who went to Tech down here.

Now for hockey, Bemidj is really scaring me for WC weekend, they are on fire lately and proved a struggle for us in Bemidji and definitely could give us issues up in Houghton.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                no tears for the Chargers. we've sat through several 4 win seasons. you already have 7!!
                I don't want anyone's tears, nor was I asking for them. I just want my team to not look like crap. Tonight, we looked like crap. Does Tech have a lot to do with that? Yes, they certainly do, but these two teams played in Huntsville right after Thanksgiving, and the gap between them just wasn't that big.

Now, it doesn't chap my hide too much to see Tech do well, because one of my best friends is a Tech alumnus, and I love nerd schools like any other UAH alumnus. I'd have been happy if Tech had 24 WCHA wins this year ... just as long as all four losses were to UAH.

Oh well. The scoreboard is 0-0.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                  hehe. the land cows can't get any credit....

"Michigan Tech has won three NCAA national championships and is second in the WCHA Conference, at 13-4-1, just back of the Minnesota Gophers."

Anyone else notice the tour with " head coach Bill Muckalt" as well in the Williamson write up?

Comment

A little background to start my story I need to share. I usually sit in the suites at JMSIA now and I am a lot more disconnected from the fun and zaniness of being near the Misfit's at home games. I was not up in the suites at tonight's game and had a father/daughter night with my 5 year old (I have 3 children between 3 and 8 yo). Tonight I sat in section K row 1 to be near the Misfit's and be right on the glass to help keep my daughter's attention. Now on to my story.....

Well, I'll start by saying I chose my seats wisely and realize why the students at Tech, the staff at Tech sporting events, and why JMSIA is the best home rink in all of college hockey. My 5 year old daughter left tonight's games still not really knowing anything about hockey itself besides that she wants to play and the Huskies score a lot of goals, but she will forever be a Husky fan now thanks to the students in the Misfit's, the guy working the penalty box, and of course her favorite band(usually the reason she always wanted to go before ).

First, the guy working the penalty box smiled when daughter was making silly faces at the UAH players that got penalties and then chuckled when my daughter asked one player why he was sitting there and not by his team. To the players credit, he chuckled too and responded, "cause I got in trouble." The guy working the box gave my daughter a game puck during the game also... Thank You!!!

Second... the Pep band... You are the reason she wants to go to Tech events. She loves all your crazy hats and gets excited every time she hears you marching in. You guys provide an awesome atmosphere and you have fun doing it and it shows!!!

Lastly, the Misfit's.... You guys are AWESOME. You provide an atmosphere at every home game and most away games that is second to none, but tonight you gave a little girl some memories she'll have forever. You guys came down and let her play the cowbell, she was constantly trying to follow any cheers you guys started, and then after the game you came and presented her with a T-shirt and told her she was a Misfit for life cause of her awesome cheering!!!!! You made my 5 year old's night and made her a Huskies fan forever!!!! You guys are a class act!!!! Thank You!!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!!
                    Last edited by Hatch_man; 01-31-2015, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Hatch: the fervor of the Misfits and MTU fans is a reason many fans of other teams have adopted MTU as their "second" team, yours truly included.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                        Anyone else notice the tour with " head coach Bill Muckalt" as well in the Williamson write up?
                        Yah, got a chuckle with that. Spelling errors all over the place. Certainly wasn't the best written article.
                        Last edited by HuskyNation; 01-31-2015, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Hatch: the fervor of the Misfits and MTU fans is a reason many fans of other teams have adopted MTU as their "second" team, yours truly included.
                          See? We're not all jerkfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                            See? We're not all jerkfaces.

Well, you kind of are. Always meant to tell you that. Jerkface.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ha! I saw the pictures of your daughter making faces on Facebook. They're awesome and absolutely adorable.
                              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                                A little background to start my story I need to share. I usually sit in the suites at JMSIA now and I am a lot more disconnected from the fun and zaniness of being near the Misfit's at home games. I was not up in the suites at tonight's game and had a father/daughter night with my 5 year old (I have 3 children between 3 and 8 yo). Tonight I sat in section K row 1 to be near the Misfit's and be right on the glass to help keep my daughter's attention. Now on to my story.....

Well, I'll start by saying I chose my seats wisely and realize why the students at Tech, the staff at Tech sporting events, and why JMSIA is the best home rink in all of college hockey. My 5 year old daughter left tonight's games still not really knowing anything about hockey itself besides that she wants to play and the Huskies score a lot of goals, but she will forever be a Husky fan now thanks to the students in the Misfit's, the guy working the penalty box, and of course her favorite band(usually the reason she always wanted to go before ).

First, the guy working the penalty box smiled when daughter was making silly faces at the UAH players that got penalties and then chuckled when my daughter asked one player why he was sitting there and not by his team. To the players credit, he chuckled too and responded, "cause I got in trouble." The guy working the box gave my daughter a game puck during the game also... Thank You!!!

Second... the Pep band... You are the reason she wants to go to Tech events. She loves all your crazy hats and gets excited every time she hears you marching in. You guys provide an awesome atmosphere and you have fun doing it and it shows!!!

Lastly, the Misfit's.... You guys are AWESOME. You provide an atmosphere at every home game and most away games that is second to none, but tonight you gave a little girl some memories she'll have forever. You guys came down and let her play the cowbell, she was constantly trying to follow any cheers you guys started, and then after the game you came and presented her with a T-shirt and told her she was a Misfit for life cause of her awesome cheering!!!!! You made my 5 year old's night and made her a Huskies fan forever!!!! You guys are a class act!!!! Thank You!!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!!
                                I've had some similar experiences with a young one years ago when MEg was banging the cowbell. unfortunately, she had to sit with us "other siders", but she love the band, the Misfits and I took her over to sit on the steps next to MEg for a bit. (I also snuck her into the locker room while the game was going on so she could see it, but don't tell anyone that!). it didn't hurt that we saw Randy McKay at brunch Sunday morning and he whipped off his Stanley Cup ring and let her hold it. hockey fan for life. and she went to Michigan State. good girl!!
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X