Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Watching the games this weekend I remembered being on the other side of lopsided games and how it made me loathe the winning teams. I really hope opposing fan bases don't view Tech the same way I did unnamed others. Felt the same way during the UAH series, thinking about all the 'bad' hockey I had seen during my time in Houghton.

Not that I'm saying the team should ease up...keep that power rolling! Just that I hope everyone else doesn't hate us. Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by foser View Post
      Watching the games this weekend I remembered being on the other side of lopsided games and how it made me loathe the winning teams. I really hope opposing fan bases don't view Tech the same way I did unnamed others. Felt the same way during the UAH series, thinking about all the 'bad' hockey I had seen during my time in Houghton.

Not that I'm saying the team should ease up...keep that power rolling! Just that I hope everyone else doesn't hate us. Yet.
      I was only legitimately upset at one old guy, who was obviously a Tech grad, woohooing after every goal. Woohooing like Tech was scoring 10 against the late 70's Canadiens instead of a terrible UAA team.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by foser View Post

Maybe it's my natural affinity for Tech as an aerospace engineer (and a guy who has a very good friend who is Tech '03 or something), but I didn't feel bad about what Tech did to UAH on that Saturday night. Our guys quit, and I was mad at them. Tech was just playing hockey.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          Maybe it's my natural affinity for Tech as an aerospace engineer (and a guy who has a very good friend who is Tech '03 or something), but I didn't feel bad about what Tech did to UAH on that Saturday night. Our guys quit, and I was mad at them. Tech was just playing hockey.

GFM
          I felt this same way on this dreadful night that will live in infamy as one of the very few in attendance watching the end of all things. Never really got mad at them, just depressed. I've been reminded of that game a couple times this season, being on the other side of it.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            I felt this same way on this dreadful night that will live in infamy as one of the very few in attendance watching the end of all things. Never really got mad at them, just depressed. I've been reminded of that game a couple times this season, being on the other side of it.
            Its important to remember just how far this team has come...

Legitimately one of the worst 2-3 teams in the country to one of the best 2-3 teams in the country. Boston or bust.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              I was only legitimately upset at one old guy, who was obviously a Tech grad, woohooing after every goal. Woohooing like Tech was scoring 10 against the late 70's Canadiens instead of a terrible UAA team.
              That guy was acting like such a jerk that my wife was concerned for his safety.
              The way he was acting out she thought someone might deck him.
              The thing that probably saved him was he had his family with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                That guy was acting like such a jerk that my wife was concerned for his safety.
                The way he was acting out she thought someone might deck him.
                The thing that probably saved him was he had his family with him.
                Cheering goals for his team that has pretty much sucked for 25 years?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm very nervous that MTU could take the lead in the WCHA after mankato and falter against NMU...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The way this team is rolling, NMU doesn't worry me. Deal with that when it comes. Besides, I don't think Mankato gets out of Bemidji with 4 points.

4 regular season games left. The McNaughton cup is in sights. A #1 seed in the NCAA's is within reach. We have more wins than any team in the country, and we've outscored our opponents by 36-4 in the last 6 games. I don't know if it has hit us yet, but this team is a legit national title contender if they keep playing at this level.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Cheering goals for his team that has pretty much sucked for 25 years?
                      You're kinda preaching to the choir about a team maybe not being as successful as one would like for a series of years.
                      Check our record.
                      This guy was acting out not just being excited about goals being scored.
                      For the guys actions to make my wife have concerns for his safety leaves little doubt that he was out of line.
                      Congratulations on your teams very successful season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        this team is a legit n******** t**** contender
                        great, now I've got to sacrifice another chicken and do the dance again. I only have so many chickens.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I'd hold off on that title contender talk. Tech hasn't been to the tournament in 34 years, none of these guys know what serious playoff hockey is like.

Comment

I'm very nervous that MTU could take the lead in the WCHA after mankato and falter against NMU...
                            Will Dahlstrom be back in goal for them is really the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              You're kinda preaching to the choir about a team maybe not being as successful as one would like for a series of years.
                              Check our record.
                              This guy was acting out not just being excited about goals being scored.
                              For the guys actions to make my wife have concerns for his safety leaves little doubt that he was out of line.
                              Congratulations on your teams very successful season.
                              All I'm saying is he hasn't had much to cheer about for a LONG time, I obviously have no idea how obnoxious he was...for me personally I soubt I would have been too obnoxious since it was UAA but I know I would have been obnoxious in madison when they scored 8.

Comment

All I'm saying is he hasn't had much to cheer about for a LONG time, I obviously have no idea how obnoxious he was...for me personally I soubt I would have been too obnoxious since it was UAA but I know I would have been obnoxious in madison when they scored 8.
                                But that's in Madison. Obnoxious oozes from walls of the Kohl Center.
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X