Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Just tried to buy playoff game tix online and the website broke. I'll have to stop by the ticket office.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      Just tried to buy playoff game tix online and the website broke. I'll have to stop by the ticket office.
      They haven't had to sell playoff tickets for 21 years, I'll give them a pass this one time.

Any guesses on the extra Forward? Last weekend it was Johnstone/Hietila - Vallis/Anderson on Friday and Saturday I think.

I'd guess Vallis is the extra, assuming Johnstone and Hietila are there.

Comment

I'm guessing the system was not designed with a "buy playoff tickets" function for hockey. There is likely some mad programming going on presently to add that feature.
        I was able to get a flight up to Anchorage yesterday so I get to see a couple more games in person before the big games start in a couple weeks.
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          I'm guessing the system was not designed with a "buy playoff tickets" function for hockey. There is likely some mad programming going on presently to add that feature.
          I bought my tickets at lunchtime, but checking the site now, it's fixed. Come one, come all for playoff hockey in Houghton.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I bought my tickets at lunchtime, but checking the site now, it's fixed. Come one, come all for playoff hockey in Houghton.
            I'll be buying mine soon as well! Already took the friday off!
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              From yesterday's Anchorage Daily News preview article for the UAA series: http://www.adn.com/article/20150212/...ckey-ambitions

"UAA has not scored an even-strength goal in 125 minutes, 8 seconds. That dates back to Scott Allen’s game-tying, extra-attacker goal with 19 seconds left in regulation in a 3-2 overtime loss at Northern Michigan."
              And yet BOTH the USCHO's WCHA bloggers are picking a split for Tech and UAA this weekend. I don't quite get that. Yes, it's an away series with a long trip and a late start, but these two teams seem pretty far apart in terms of momentum and firepower. Not saying UAA is a cupcake, but unless I'm missing something, it seems like the sweep would be a pretty safe prediction for everyone except Jack and Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                And yet BOTH the USCHO's WCHA bloggers are picking a split for Tech and UAA this weekend. I don't quite get that. Yes, it's an away series with a long trip and a late start, but these two teams seem pretty far apart in terms of momentum and firepower. Not saying UAA is a cupcake, but unless I'm missing something, it seems like the sweep would be a pretty safe prediction for everyone except Jack and Shane.
                Oh, come on. I get playing the "No Respect" card, but Shane does a great job covering WCHA hockey, and he's not sleeping on you guys. In fact, in your last 14 conference games, Shane has picked you to go 10-4 (3 sweeps and 4 splits), while you went 9-4-1. He also picked you would win the GLI and sweep Wisco.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Well, we gain Dane Birks, plus Evan Anderson and Mason Blacklock if they continue to be redshirted.

As for incoming freshmen that aren't in Houghton yet...I have Demico Hannoun, Jake Jackson, Brett Boeing, Trevor Cope and potentially Jake Lucchini at Forwards.
                  I also have Mitch Reinke, Cooper Watson on defense and possibly Angus Redmond but thats probably only if Phillips does what Copley did.
                  I wonder about Jake Kauppila. I've seen him play for the Gamblers this year and he's a big guy that looks pretty solid, but doesn't seem to be a big scorer and he doesn't seem to be a speed guy. He signed an NLI and he's now 20 years old. Can he do another year of Junior A?

Comment

You live in Houghton and didn't have season tickets (with your playoff tickets included)?

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      Oh, come on. I get playing the "No Respect" card, but Shane does a great job covering WCHA hockey, and he's not sleeping on you guys. In fact, in your last 14 conference games, Shane has picked you to go 10-4 (3 sweeps and 4 splits), while you went 9-4-1. He also picked you would win the GLI and sweep Wisco.
                      I confess to being a bit annoyed by the prediction, but I'm not faulting Shane's record. Mostly I didn't understand the rationale. There have been a lot of naysayers questioning Tech's "staying power" and predicting that they'll eventually choke. Given the team's momentum, the strong road record, Phillips' solid play and the fact that they're getting healthier, calling a split seems hard to justify. Not saying UAA couldn't pull it off, but it doesn't seem like the direction they've been heading lately.

Comment

And yet BOTH the USCHO's WCHA bloggers are picking a split for Tech and UAA this weekend.
                        I think that's a completely fair prediction. Tech has not swept in Anchorage since I started seriously following the team ('06, and I'm assuming at least a few years prior to that even).

EDIT: Also, you guys do know that Shane is a Landcow fan and Jack is a Buttmidji fan, right?
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 02-13-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I confess to being a bit annoyed by the prediction, but I'm not faulting Shane's record. Mostly I didn't understand the rationale. There have been a lot of naysayers questioning Tech's "staying power" and predicting that they'll eventually choke. Given the team's momentum, the strong road record, Phillips' solid play and the fact that they're getting healthier, calling a split seems hard to justify. Not saying UAA couldn't pull it off, but it doesn't seem like the direction they've been heading lately.
                          I agree that I would likely pick a Tech sweep. I just wanted to note that Shane is probably my favorite journalist (Admittedly, that's a low bar), an ardent WCHA supporter, and a pretty shrewd hockey mind. Best of luck this weekend, and can't wait for the Tech-Kato series.

Comment

I'd like the sweep for the precious four points. but I also realize that we have been on a long winning streak and we have struggled in Anchorage in the past.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                              He also picked you would win the GLI and sweep Wisco.
                              As he should have.
                              So did we

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                I'd like the sweep for the precious four points. but I also realize that we have been on a long winning streak and we have struggled in Anchorage in the past.
                                We need the sweep for PairWise and the MacNaughton Chase. These games are just as important as any other.
                                Last edited by HuskyNation; 02-13-2015, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X