Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Not arguing, just askn:
    Have you ever seen the league go the other way and lessen a penalty?
    No I have not, but that would be an even crazier situation. If the ref called a game DQ on the ice and then the league downgraded it to a game misconduct after the game I think they would be getting some calls from a lot of ticked off refs.

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    The reason there are so many authentic OT Dazzle jerseys is they did sell the official authentic jerseys in the University Images shop then, I have a set of all 3 of the authentic ones that I bought at University Images, none are game worn, I just wish they were doing it for the newest jerseys.
    Yes, I remember the Misfits doing an authentic order several times as well.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I was actually going to ask you about this. I am getting a jersey from Shirtless, and I wanted to make sure that the size on my OT jerseys will be the same for Reebok. It sounds like they will be pretty similar.
    While the chest measurements will be very close, the sleeve cut of the OT jerseys (very traditional, "square cut") will be quite different from the Reebok Edge style (shown below). Reebok makes a more "bio-mechanically correct" jersey cut so it fits differently especially in the sleeves and shoulders (not to mention they have a butt-tail). If you are unsure, I would recommend trying a few on to know for sure what you want.

Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
      I've never been to New Hampshire... So if there has to be an out east... that gets my vote.
      Yeah, Manch-Vegas could be fun, I've heard good things. I just hope we get matched up with some good fanbases, wherever we go, so there are other fans there that I know. Or we get a big enough group of Techies to take over a bar or 2.

edit: for the record, that theoretical situation I posted about earlier, Miami, Quinnipiac and Boston College....NOT a good example of other fanbases we'd like to meet up with.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, Manch-Vegas could be fun, I've heard good things. I just hope we get matched up with some good fanbases, wherever we go, so there are other fans there that I know. Or we get a big enough group of Techies to take over a bar or 2.

edit: for the record, that theoretical situation I posted about earlier, Miami, Quinnipiac and Boston College....NOT a good example of other fanbases we'd like to meet up with.
        My brother and I are in for sure. I'm sure we can convince Yager to join us...
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

My brother and I are in for sure. I'm sure we can convince Yager to join us...
          Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves...
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves...
            I was going to do a CHN thing with us losing out. But I got bored. Too many clicks.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I was going to do a CHN thing with us losing out. But I got bored. Too many clicks.
              I was referring to inviting Yager....

(I was failing to be funny)

edit: also, if we lose out, we don't get in
              without doing all of the games, just simulating the Tech games, it knocks us down to 15, and that is before the WCHA first round games. I'm sure we don't get in with an RPI <0.5400, my guess is we need to be >0.5600 to be truly safe.
              Last edited by bigblue_dl; 02-09-2015, 03:13 PM.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If you do one without including any other games but ours it drops us to 15. Although, that isn't a good measure at all because that assumes no other teams play a game .

Comment

Also, if we want a shot at a #1, we need to be SCSU, Western Michigan and UND fans the rest of the way. Need those three teams to get wins against UNO, UMD, Miami and Denver, to keep a Nacho team out of the 4th #1 slot. I don't think it will happen though, I think their strength of schedule will be too much to overcome, because its not likely to go perfectly right. This is why those non-conference games are so important...

edit: I mean, if UAH splits with CC instead of getting swept, in their close series, BGSU beats a bad OSU team at home, and LSSU doesn't choke away a 4 goal lead at Englestad, Tech is #4 right now. Those 3 random non-conference games being switched, games that could have, possibly should have, gone the other way...that's all it takes. Non-conference games for all teams in the conference can end up being HUGE this time of year.

edit 2: ALSO, with those 3 measly games flipped, the WCHA has 3 #1 seeds....I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't stress enough how important non-conference is.
                  Last edited by bigblue_dl; 02-09-2015, 03:36 PM.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Also, if we want a shot at a #1, we need to be SCSU, Western Michigan and UND fans the rest of the way. Need those three teams to get wins against UNO, UMD, Miami and Denver, to keep a Nacho team out of the 4th #1 slot. I don't think it will happen though, I think their strength of schedule will be too much to overcome, because its not likely to go perfectly right. This is why those non-conference games are so important...
                    the problem MTU has compared to the NCHC is a complete lack of QWB opportunities compared to them anyway, if Miami/UND split, they both benefit from a QWB.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      the problem MTU has compared to the NCHC is a complete lack of QWB opportunities compared to them anyway, if Miami/UND split, they both benefit from a QWB.
                      Exactly, a UND sweep is very important there. We really have to resign to the fact that we're not catching the Whioux.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm not going to lie, I still really really like those OT Dazzle jerseys, especially the Gold and Black ones. they were just **** good looking jerseys IMO. I can also understand why they got rid of them the second Mel was brought in since they were worn through some of the lowest points in MTU Hockey's history and he wanted to start over.
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

I was referring to inviting Yager....

(I was failing to be funny)

edit: also, if we lose out, we don't get in
                          without doing all of the games, just simulating the Tech games, it knocks us down to 15, and that is before the WCHA first round games. I'm sure we don't get in with an RPI <0.5400, my guess is we need to be >0.5600 to be truly safe.
                          haha, fair enough. That went right over my head...

Comment

I'm not going to lie, I still really really like those OT Dazzle jerseys, especially the Gold and Black ones. they were just **** good looking jerseys IMO. I can also understand why they got rid of them the second Mel was brought in since they were worn through some of the lowest points in MTU Hockey's history and he wanted to start over.
                            They weren't terribly ugly, just in my opinion they felt too much like basketball than hockey.

Comment

I can also understand why they got rid of [dazzle OT jerseys] the second Mel was brought in since they were worn through some of the lowest points in MTU Hockey's history and he wanted to start over.
                              I don't think it was so much getting rid of the designs (half of our jerseys still have "Huskies" on the front) as it was a business decision. It should also be noted that ALL of the equipment (sticks, helmets, gloves, breezers, pads, shirts, jackets, hats, etc) started flowing from Reebok (CCM = Reebok) as part of the change as well and Bauer fell by the side of the road.

I would guess that based on the lack of past success Reebok wasn't going to hand over the keys to the warehouse at no charge the first year. However, I'm sure by now there are some financial benefits to getting everything from one supplier. Some other "top end" teams I have talked with have deals such that if the team equips all their players with Brand X protective gear, then Brand X gives the team a set (or more) of jerseys as a comp. This is why you see some of the top teams with all new sets of jerseys every year because they are not paying for many, or all of them.

Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                I don't think it was so much getting rid of the designs (half of our jerseys still have "Huskies" on the front) as it was a business decision. It should also be noted that ALL of the equipment (sticks, helmets, gloves, breezers, pads, shirts, jackets, hats, etc) started flowing from Reebok (CCM = Reebok) as part of the change as well and Bauer fell by the side of the road.

I would guess that based on the lack of past success Reebok wasn't going to hand over the keys to the warehouse at no charge the first year. However, I'm sure by now there are some financial benefits to getting everything from one supplier. Some other "top end" teams I have talked with have deals such that if the team equips all their players with Brand X protective gear, then Brand X gives the team a set (or more) of jerseys as a comp. This is why you see some of the top teams with all new sets of jerseys every year because they are not paying for many, or all of them.

Ryan J
                                I wasn't saying the design per se as the Husky script on the front is very traditional and I know goes back to the National Championship teams so I wouldn't see them dropping that. What I more meant is the getting rid of those specific styles with Dazzle fabric and the husky head logos on the shoulders etc as a way to get rid of the recent past but go to more throwback styles like the current Gold and Cream jerseys and the new Home and Away jersey styles which were completely new. By the way, do you know why we switched away jersey styles so quickly? I'm not complaining as I like the circle crest away jersey more than the previous style that was the same as the home jersey, but such a short lived away jersey surprised me.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X