Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    As I understand it, the MacInnes was called "the snake pit" by opponents as 'late' as the mid-80s.

You're right HF, we did sweep UMD in 2005 when Cam paraded the MacInnes Trophy around town after four long years for him and the team.

The teams I seriously don't want to play at the moment (or in the conference playoffs) are Bemidji and Lake State. Hot goaltending is always scary.
    yeah!! I remembered something!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      yeah!! I remembered something!
      Yay! You get to have the chocolate pudding tonight!
      *click click click*
      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

The teams I seriously don't want to play at the moment (or in the conference playoffs) are Bemidji and Lake State. Hot goaltending is always scary.
        You just turned "hot goaltending" into goo. (Okay, so you destroyed the defense, mostly.)

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Prior to hosting a last-place UAH team last year, Tech had not swept Carny Weekend in over 15 years. I wouldn't attribute too much "magic" to the event as of late.
          Much of the prior success can be attributed to the schedule. The traditional faceoffs for a WC series were 7:30 on Friday night and 1:30 on Saturday afternoon. John MacInnes (and after him Jim Nahrgang and Herb Boxer) would always insert 3 fresh forwards into the lineup for the Saturday game, knowing that the opponent couldn't do that. The Huskies always had more jump that game and it shows in the historical standings. Once the Saturday puck drop was moved to 5:05, the advantage was mitigated somewhat.

Comment

Only a couple single seats left for this weekend. It's standing room here on out.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
              Yay! You get to have the chocolate pudding tonight!
              *click click click*
              I shake my cane at you!!
              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I now have the 25 jersey minimum and if stuckinwi ends up wanting any we'll have a pretty good buffer to get this done. I have contacted Roy Britz for more info on prices and info required to get this done.
                Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 02-04-2015, 10:23 AM.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I now have the 25 jersey minimum and if stuckinwi ends up wanting any we'll have a pretty good buffer to get this done. I have contacted Roy Britz for more info on prices and info required to get this done.
                  The two other guys interested need pricing first.
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                    The two other guys interested need pricing first.
                    It should be around $160, could be more, could be less...
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

It should be around $160, could be more, could be less...
                      that's without numbers or names correct?
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                        that's without numbers or names correct?
                        No, that is with nameplate/numbers as long as the nameplate meets requirements I've been given via compliance.

Comment

No, that is with nameplate/numbers as long as the nameplate meets requirements I've been given via compliance.
                          Oh really? Even better than

Comment

Will "Suck it DU" or "Sioux Sux" be accepted on the nameplate?
                            Just need clarification on that...

Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

In recruit news, Angus Redmond was the BCHL player of the week. Jake Jackson was an honorable mention.
                              http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/newslette...85947&stype=11

Redmond stops all but one in POW turn for 'Backs

Monday, February 2, 2015 - Submitted by BCHL Media

Salmon Arm Silverbacks goalie Angus Redmond has been named the BCHL Player of the Week for the week ending Feb. 1, the league announced Monday.

Redmond stopped all but one shot he faced over three games and posted consecutive shutouts over division-rival Vernon. The Langley, BC product allowed his only goal against of the week in a 1-0 loss to Penticton but was still named the game's 2nd Star. On the road in Vernon, he stopped all 31 pucks in a 3-0 victory and took 1st Star. The following night at home, he again was 1st Star in a 1-0 win where he made 17 saves.

The Michigan Tech recruit posted a .989 save percentage for the week and a tiny 0.34 goals-against average. Redmond is now tied for the BCHL lead with five shutouts on the season.

Honourable mentions this week:

Powell River Kings F Jacob Pritchard: 5G, 4A, two 1st Stars, GWG, 3rd Star

Nanaimo Clippers G Guillaume Decelles: 2W, SO, 2nd Star, 122 saves/127 shots, .961 sv%, 1.59 GAA

Penticton Vees F Tyson Jost: 3G, 1st Star, 2nd Star, GWG

Powell River Kings F Adam Tracey: 4G, 2nd Star, GWG

Nanaimo Clippers F Jake Jackson: 2G, 3A, 1st Star

Prince George Spruce Kings F Braiden Epp: 1G, 2A, 1st Star

Comment

Yeah for Jerseys! Thanks to Shirtless for putting this together!!
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X