Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    You're tired of the bashing b/c you're old. I'm shocked you haven't turned in by now after your Denny's meal and Matlock re-run.

And don't buy into the KRACH crowd. PWR is just fine.
    ok, you drunken fool, you actually made me laugh out loud. but then my dentures fell out.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Well looking back on this weekend, it would be hard to find much that went wrong. Tech looked more like they did earlier in the season with good passing and creative play making. My first thought is that UAH isn't that great and made Tech's job easier, yet UAH has not just played good single games, they've played good a series against several other WCHA teams so it is tough to say they are really as bad as the 11-1 Saturday score.

I can't believe no one mentioned that Tech secured a spot in the post season WCHA playoffs... Sure that isn't a goal we were focused on, but think of how thankful we would have been to wrap up a playoff spot four weeks early last season. Next weekend at Carnival, Tech can earn four important points, put their name on the carnival trophy again, get a kiss from the queen and very likely also secure home ice for the WCHA playoffs first round.

BSU also handed Tech the break they needed with BGSU. Tech now controls their own destiny to at least be co-champions of the WCHA. If they win-out, they are guaranteed to take at least a share of the Macnaughton cup. I think that is pretty darn exciting.

Ryan J
      Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 02-01-2015, 01:00 PM.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

WCHA playoffs. home ice is what I want. and wins wins and wins. we have a legit shot at the NCAAs. yeah, I just got goosebumps.
        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I think UAH was doing alright until those two late penalties in the 1st; start of the next period, Gould roofs one on an EA Sports NHL-esque cross-crease play 10 seconds in, and it was mostly downhill for the Chargers from there, outside of the one they got back. The wheels completely came off with the spearing major at the end of the second period.

Good series for Tech, but Bemidji's got a week to look at the tape and see all of UAH's mistakes.

Comment

So after 'catching' the Huskies in action last night (thanks THG for keeping me out of complete darkness...), I watched the end of UND-UNO on TV. My first hope was that both teams would lose, closely followed by 'sure would be nice if UND would lose.' (Note that is fundamentally different from 'sure hope UNO would win.') Is it time for me to let it go? Am I really that bitter? Does this make me a bad person?

I must admit I have stronger feelings when DU pops up on the channel guide...rarely do I even elect to give them another viewer, regardless of who they are playing.

Oh, and Mush You Husky Dogs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by foser View Post
              So after 'catching' the Huskies in action last night (thanks THG for keeping me out of complete darkness...), I watched the end of UND-UNO on TV. My first hope was that both teams would lose, closely followed by 'sure would be nice if UND would lose.' (Note that is fundamentally different from 'sure hope UNO would win.') Is it time for me to let it go? Am I really that bitter? Does this make me a bad person?

I must admit I have stronger feelings when DU pops up on the channel guide...rarely do I even elect to give them another viewer, regardless of who they are playing.

Oh, and Mush You Husky Dogs!!!
              are you my doppelgänger?? did and felt the exact same thing. and yes, I am still bitter and I am not about to let it go. I would cheer for the Al-Qaeda all stars before I would cheer for DU UND St, Clooud or Western. CC, I figured, did what DU told them to and Miami felt lucky to go anywhere but to the CHA (which wasn't even around anymore) and well, how can you hate Duluth when its our closest shopping city and the Superior Cup and all.
              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Born and bred Minnesotan. I cheer for the Gophers because it is the home team. I actually attended tUMD for a couple years. I adopted Tech as a second team because of the insane fans. No lie.
                That's pretty cool!

Comment

Bracketology Update:

By my amateur figuring, if the season ended today, Tech would still be going to Fargo, now as the #2 seed, and playing #3 Denver in the first round. #1 North Dakota and #4 Michigan would round out that region. Not ideal, to say the least. Luckily, still plenty of time to better that situation.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Pietila and Kero also first to join the Century Club since Chris Conner.
                    As with Conner, both should be tasting the NHL.
                    "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Bracketology Update:

By my amateur figuring, if the season ended today, Tech would still be going to Fargo, now as the #2 seed, and playing #3 Denver in the first round. #1 North Dakota and #4 Michigan would round out that region. Not ideal, to say the least. Luckily, still plenty of time to better that situation.
                      I don't give a $hit the region or the competition, just want to be in the bracket.
                      "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by 626575NC View Post
                        I don't give a $hit the region or the competition, just want to be in the bracket.
                        Obviously getting in is priority #1, but once there, I'd like to make a run to Boston, and running into North Dakota, in North Dakota does not seem to be the best route to Boston.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Obviously getting in is priority #1, but once there, I'd like to make a run to Boston, and running into North Dakota, in North Dakota does not seem to be the best route to Boston.
                          Playing just about anyone in South Bend seems preferable to me.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Playing just about anyone in South Bend seems preferable to me.
                            Yeah, that would be the obvious #1 preference. I would put Fargo as the worst of the 4, but wouldn't want to go up against BU in a place like Providence either...

RIP - Kirby

Comment

We are still pretty far off from the playoffs, and we have to take care of our own business primarily. This weekend will be tough and if the team starts looking ahead they will get beat.

However, I'm in agreement that playing UND in fargo is not my idea of a great deal. And a bracket with Michigan and Denver plus UND is tough, but would you rather play UNO, or Mankato, or maybe Duluth. ? Looking east you are likely to find BC, who is playing well, BU, who seems to find ways to win from behind every game? or Providence, who is very solid and winning a lot of games right now? All of these basically at home for them and with east coast refs, which are a real disadvantage for us.. It's tough everywhere, but yeah South Bend would be good. I'd expect mankato there for sure though.

Personally Denver is on the bubble and might not get in at all. they have a tough schedule and a couple of splits and a loss to cc will make it tough for them.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Yeah, that would be the obvious #1 preference. I would put Fargo as the worst of the 4, but wouldn't want to go up against BU in a place like Providence either...
                                Anybody you play in the tourney is going to be a challenge. Getting in is the most important. Tech is a good team (Top 5 this week/7 in Pairwise) so no reason to fear playing any team. Get in and let the chips fall where they may. Anything can happen.
                                Last edited by eye4talent; 02-02-2015, 12:41 PM.
                                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Working...
                                X