X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
    Overcarried it. That's why they got pinned in D- zone so often. And too many times looking to the long passes which resulted in icings instead of short quick passes. IMO that's a reflection on coach.
    Exactly. They did the same thing over and over without making any adjustments. They couldn't carry the puck out of the defensive zone without turning it over (in fairness they got better later in the season). The opposition knew Maine's weaknesses and took advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
      How else to explain the Jekyll and Hyde performances on back to back nights? Also witnessed many selfish plays, from bad angle shots with a teammate open to our solo breakout. Other teams moved the puck up ice with passes, we carried it.
      the ONLy Jeckyl and Hyde weekend I remmber was against Notre Dame.... the only one I remember and Maine was spent after night 1, because Notre Dame is a better team, but not a world beater. It seems to me that if Maine were truly jeckyl and hyde, then some of the better nights would have happend on Saturday when they were tired, not on Friday when they were fresh.

which other one do you remember?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Exactly. They did the same thing over and over without making any adjustments. They couldn't carry the puck out of the defensive zone without turning it over (in fairness they got better later in the season). The opposition knew Maine's weaknesses and took advantage.
        I saw that as practice for next season.... same reason Hayes played over Cerretani. for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          Team was better in 2013-14 than in 2014-15 so what difference does it make how many of "Tims guys" are around? They lost "Tim guys" from Reds first year to second and got way worse, whys it automatically assumed that losing more will make them better?
          It makes Red more accountable and takes the last line of excuses away if they are players that he recruited.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            That's slightly misleading, since they gave up empty net goals in eight games - including six that they lost by 3+. Throw out the empty net goals and that 10 is cut in half.

Very few on that team gave 100% effort 100% of the time, but they also didn't have the talent to compete at the highest levels night in and night out. It isn't an "either/or" situation. Some nights both were true.
            Yes I know ENG play a factor in the outcome. But at the end of the day the final score is the final score. I guess my point is this team lacked talent and needed to give 100% effort for 60 min every night. And they didn't by their own admission. I blame 60% on the kids and 40% on the staff. Either way it doesn't matter. How many TIMMAY kids doesn't matter. If these kids are there to play D-1 hockey, get a free education and hopefully make it to the next level then 100% effort every time they step on the ice is mandatory. Period! If you were given a job by the University in return for tuition and an opportunity to be hired by a fortune 500 company at the end of college and you showed up late, didn't do the job right etc etc what would be the consequences then? Kinda the same deal. It's just frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
              I saw that as practice for next season.... same reason Hayes played over Cerretani. for next season.
              You saw what as practice for next season, not being able to carry the puck out of the zone? I would have played any freshman over Cerretani. He is for sure a hard worker but wouldn't have made a difference in any game this past season. Hopefully some of this years freshman will make a difference in future games. That remains to be seen though
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                Team was better in 2013-14 than in 2014-15 so what difference does it make how many of "Tims guys" are around? They lost "Tim guys" from Reds first year to second and got way worse, whys it automatically assumed that losing more will make them better?
                Bingo, this is what I've been saying all year. After losing their 2 best players, what are the chances that the new recruits and development of returning players are going to offset that? I don't see next year being any better than this year and I bet the pre season coaches poll will reflect just that. Maine will be picked no higher than 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
                  Bingo, this is what I've been saying all year. After losing their 2 best players, what are the chances that the new recruits and development of returning players are going to offset that? I don't see next year being any better than this year and I bet the pre season coaches poll will reflect just that. Maine will be picked no higher than 8th.
                  I doubt they are picked as high as 8th, 10th is more like it. But the key to next season in D and goaltending, will they improve?

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                    the ONLy Jeckyl and Hyde weekend I remmber was against Notre Dame.... the only one I remember and Maine was spent after night 1, because Notre Dame is a better team, but not a world beater. It seems to me that if Maine were truly jeckyl and hyde, then some of the better nights would have happend on Saturday when they were tired, not on Friday when they were fresh.

which other one do you remember?
                    Northeastern for one, UNH in Dec. When we showed up and worked hard we could skate with anybody, BC, BU, Notre Dame, but couldn't (wouldn't) maintain the consistent effort.

Comment

Who the hell cares where the media and/or coaches pick them in October? Would it make anyone feel better if they were picked fourth? Or picked to win Hockey East?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                        Northeastern for one, UNH in Dec. When we showed up and worked hard we could skate with anybody, BC, BU, Notre Dame, but couldn't (wouldn't) maintain the consistent effort.
                        Just about any team in D1 can skate with a good team from time to time. The consistency of the good teams to do it most nights is what makes them better teams.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Comment

Who the hell cares where the media and/or coaches pick them in October? Would it make anyone feel better if they were picked fourth? Or picked to win Hockey East?
                            I care when the pick turns out to be accurate like it was this year

Comment

Have there ever been 4 captains before? 4 voices and leaders?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                I care when the pick turns out to be accurate like it was this year
                                You mean the same one that picked BU sixth?

Comment

Working...
                                X