This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

PC just owns Maine these days...geeezus that's one scary mascot... alien fryer.
    sure why not

Comment

Looking like we'll be heading up to the elephant walkers house this year.
      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        4-1.

Thank god that Maine has goaltenders than can "steal" games.......

I know that half of you don't think that goaltending is a problem for this team......but it is. Even if Maine starts scoring goals and fixes the D........they still don't have THAT guy that can stone the other team.
        Providence had 17 grade A shots and Maine has one according to Hannigan. The most lopsided advantage in recent times according to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Providence had 17 grade A shots and Maine has one according to Hannigan. The most lopsided advantage in recent times according to him.
          Grade A shots on a Grade C goaltender.......I wonder who will win that battle?

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            Get over it, Frankie and Jimmy aren't walking thru that door
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine hustled
              I hope no ody says they didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                Maine hustled
                I hope no ody says they didnt.
                Just don't blame the goaltending!!! Morris & Romeo might be better than Dunham & Snow, dontcha know.

For a program that has always been built from the goaltending out, many fans on here seem to have forgot what the secret to Maine's early success was. Maine used to win games because their goaltenders made 30-something to 40-something saves.......yes, Maine's D used to give up that many shots!

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                  Quite a rinky dinky looking rink they got there in Providence . No better than Merrimack
                  Actually, it's quite a bit better than MC's... But just like PC, you can show up and sit wherever you care to. I'm fine with that while on the road.

Comment

The first PC goal tonight was bad...no clue how Morris missed that one. The others were better and I think he should have been better on the Behling goal.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Just don't blame the goaltending!!! Morris & Romeo might be better than Dunham & Snow, dontcha know.

For a program that has always been built from the goaltending out, many fans on here seem to have forgot what the secret to Maine's early success was. Maine used to win games because their goaltenders made 30-something to 40-something saves.......yes, Maine's D used to give up that many shots!
                      It is never a problem to give up 40 shots from the point if matt martin clears out the crease

Comment

It is never a problem to give up 40 shots from the point if matt martin clears out the crease
                        Do you "see" a Matt Martin on this TEAM?

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          How is the goaltending to blame for this stat? And how many scholarships are you going to devote for goalies
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Do you "see" a Matt Martin on this TEAM?
                            91 sort of alluded to the idea that Maine has had weak D in the past because they had let up 40 shots per game. My comment was that if 40 shots come from the point, then who cares? NO GRADE A's from the point. I did see a Matt Martin on the team that is accused of giving up 40 shots per game.

as for walrus's question about how the goalies are responsible for 17 grade A's in a game... the first grade A is on the D, then if the goalie leaves a juicy rebound and another and another, like last night (I have never seen so many scrums in my entire life), then 75% of those grade A's are on the goalie, at least in part. Yes, the D needs to clear those rebounds to the boards, but the goalies are at least part responsible for the follow up shots when they do not cover up the puck (Like Wilson) or steer them to the corners (Like Gilles did all night, last night)

Comment

Priceless, where is your playoff scenario?
                              correct mine?
                              maine plays at UVM if maine loses, no matter what, right
                              maine plays at UNH if maine ties and unh wins or ties, right?
                              and
                              maine hosts unh if maine wins and unh ties or loses
                              or if maine ties and unh loses
                              so the upside is that maine cannot have to travel to Indiana

Comment

Priceless, where is your playoff scenario?
                                correct mine?
                                maine plays at UVM if maine loses, no matter what, right
                                maine plays at UNH if maine ties and unh wins or ties, right?
                                and
                                maine hosts unh if maine wins and unh ties or loses
                                or if maine ties and unh loses
                                so the upside is that maine cannot have to travel to Indiana
                                It's possible Maine travels to ND. If ND and Maine lose and Vermont wins, ND drops to 7th and Maine would remain in 10th.

Comment

Working...
                                X