X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March Thread II

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
    There's one...
    and two. With 14:00 to go... Hope? or Lowell hope....

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
      and two. With 14:00 to go... Hope? or Lowell hope....
      A painful hope. The worst part is that we improved a lot over the course of the game and outside of that atrocious first 10 minutes we did well.
      I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Wow that was ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
          We need a better goalie...
          This was known all year but they got away with it for the 1st half of the season.
          What did you say?
          Who own the Chiefs?
          What did he say?
          Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
            This was known all year but they got away with it for the 1st half of the season.
            This is what I expected to see at the beginning of the yr. I think the horse shoe has fallen completely our of our a55. No puck luck either.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              This is what I expected to see at the beginning of the yr. I think the horse shoe has fallen completely our of our a55. No puck luck either.
              I feel bad for you guys but been saying for awhile Boyle isn't a number 1 guy in this conference
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

The Sun recap: http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_2...umass-lowell-5

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  I feel bad for you guys but been saying for awhile Boyle isn't a number 1 guy in this conference
                  Hokiedope Redux.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    I don't think anyone in here thought he was. The guys in front of him were the mitigating factor...were is the operative word.

Comment

Apparently the season and any post season aspirations are over or it still feels that way. Boyle, as a goalie, sucks and if he's the best option, then the team is seriously screwed. I'd vote for the Smith and the Finn to start their on the job training and while we rack up the painful losses. Obviously the contrast from Hellebuyck, Carr, Hutton and even Hamilton is stark. Coach knows best but I cringe when #33 heads on the ice first, or at all.

That being said, it's been surprisingly quiet for some this season (Suter, Wallin, McGrath), and of late (Kamrass, Chapie). Boyle deserves his fair share of criticism but is certainly not alone in leading the team to this unimpressive place.

Hopefully a couple against the Flagship will help.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Evan Rodrigues notches a hat trick and Eichel is the headline. #NamePower
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin donnelly View Post
                          Apparently the season and any post season aspirations are over or it still feels that way.
                          They're still in 3rd place in Hockey East and have a good shot at a 1st round bye.

Coach knows best but I cringe when #33 heads on the ice first, or at all.
                          Like you said, Norm knows what's best, and if he thought that Smith or Kalkaja were better options now, don't you think that one of them would be starting?

That being said, it's been surprisingly quiet for some this season (Suter, Wallin, McGrath), and of late (Kamrass, Chapie). Boyle deserves his fair share of criticism but is certainly not alone in leading the team to this unimpressive place.
                          Most of this I agree with, but Chapie has been quiet as of late? Before last night he had goals in 3 straight games, points in 4 straight, and was 5-1-6 over his last 6 games.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            Evan Rodrigues notches a hat trick and Eichel is the headline. #NamePower
                            I know what you mean, but he's from North Chelmsford which is part of Greater Lowell. Plus let's not kid ourselves, he's the straw that stirs your drink.

I heard on the radio that Rodrigues has something like 11 points over the past 3 games? That's outstanding.
                            Last edited by Middle Street; 02-07-2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              They're still in 3rd place in Hockey East and have a good shot at a 1st round bye.
                              Absolutely. The #1 seed is now obviously out of reach but if you look at the teams behind Lowell that are close enough to overtake them in the top 4, they hold tiebreakers over NU and Notre Dame. A win at BC seems unlikely the way they have played lately, but if they have a good night they might end up in a tie which would earn them a tiebreak over BC. Vermont has been struggling too during the second half and that final weekend could end up deciding which of those two teams will end up in the top 4.

Three straight against UMA. One of the few teams with a worse PK and PP than Lowell. Lowell needs 2 wins or better here. Tonight is an absolute must win. If they are going to drop one to UMA ideally it would be the NC game next Friday.

They are 6-6 so far in the second half. With 6 games left, 3-3 gets them 19 wins to end the regular season. A 20 win season is still well within reach.
                              Last edited by Middle Street; 02-07-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                I know what you mean, but he's from North Chelmsford which is part of Greater Lowell. Plus let's not kid ourselves, he's the straw that stirs your drink.

I heard on the radio that Rodrigues has something like 11 points over the past 3 games? That's outstanding.
                                6-2-4

And please just make sure y'all get to the final four so Jasmine has a job in mid-March, ok?!?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X