Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    when is the last time Minnesota, BC or Nodak had just 2 wins mid-February? This cannot be overlooked, the problem cannot be overstated. When did Sauer ever have just 2 wins as of Feb 13 in any year for UW?
    I wonder what the equivalent is in football and how palatable that would be to admin.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
      I wonder what the equivalent is in football and how palatable that would be to admin.
      Mid November and blowing the lead in the 3rd quarter of the only game you were ahead at halftime and losing, again.
      Last edited by UCBadger; 02-13-2015, 09:28 PM.
      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

It would have to be 1-10 or 2-9 with a second/third win to end the season because Gopher football.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Pretty much every year of my childhood.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Pretty much every year of my childhood.
            I was thinking Morton years

Comment

"Wisconsin football experienced little success for the remainder of the 1960s, reaching a low point with back-to-back winless seasons in 1967 and 1968."
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• With tonight's loss, even if they win the NC, the Badgers are assured of ending the season with a losing record.

Comment

• My father was at Madison then and was dormed up with a lot of football players out on Elm Drive for those two seasons. I've heard a lot of stories, but let's just say that after all the preseason Rose Bowl talk the players weren't in such uplifting moods come the latter stages of the season
                  I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Random thoughts, mostly not by Jack Handy

BA has been a pretty patient AD, Lisa Stone got quite a long leash (7 years), Kelsey is in her 4th (it will be interesting to see what happens now leash-wise that she's got all her own players on the team). He essentially fired Waite out of the VB position, a guy who had a history of being very good, but had sort of lost the magic touch, and he hit a home run with Sheffield. If you look at his own record as a coach, it did bounce around quite a bit, though there was never a low equal to this once he got them good.

Rumps played very, very well overall last night, but I don't quite get why he's ending up on his belly so much this year. He also did pad stack, which you never see anymore. He's looking like Hasek out there, which I guess is not bad thing. I suppose he's never been hung out to dry in the past like now, that could be it.

Rockwood was easily UW's best player last night (behind Rumpel).

That second period was terrible, except for 4 minutes or so.

If you ever catch fire, try and not to see yourself in a mirror, that would really throw you into a panic.

For some reason (probably my age), when I saw 4 on the ice last night, my brain keep thinking "Brian Fahey", who used to wear that number.

I have friends and family that ask me what in the world is going on with the hockey program who are overall UW fans and follow the team loosely. There is a lot of head scratching going on with the more than casual fans.

What would the odds be that the UW gal's team could beat the men this year?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

What would the odds be that the UW gal's team could beat the men this year?
                      0. I believe the US women's team 8 years ago did a warm up tour and played Minnesota high school teams and lost a few.

Comment

Are we having fun yet?

http://youtu.be/KoIZWzCzWXg

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Rockwood was easily UW's best player last night (behind Rumpel).

That second period was terrible, except for 4 minutes or so.
                          That Rocky was easily the best skater says all you need to know about the few veteran/experienced forwards on this team. A pair of top liners who should easily be the best players every night decided to take most of the night off, probably because the game wasn't against anyone from their home state. 5 of Besse's 9 goals are from 3 games vs. MN. Be nice if he decided to show up in more than a couple other games on the year. Same for LaBate. Same for the Captain, who was the worst player on the ice (and not for the first time this year) followed closely by some other guys who also aren't freshman.

Post game on WIBA said a few of the young guys who haven't been vocal (read freshman) finally spoke up in the locker room last night and were ****ed off. Good for them.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

That Rocky was easily the best skater says all you need to know about the few veteran/experienced forwards on this team. A pair of top liners who should easily be the best players every night decided to take most of the night off, probably because the game wasn't against anyone from their home state. 5 of Besse's 9 goals are from 3 games vs. MN. Be nice if he decided to show up in more than a couple other games on the year. Same for LaBate. Same for the Captain, who was the worst player on the ice (and not for the first time this year) followed closely by some other guys who also aren't freshman.

Post game on WIBA said a few of the young guys who haven't been vocal (read freshman) finally spoke up in the locker room last night and were ****ed off. Good for them.
                            Ha ha ha that post game talk with your favorite assistant was as expected a complete joke.....
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

We are now down to 56 of 59 teams in the pairwise.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pBWcRqPesws
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

That last part is good to hear, VERY good. Are these frosh capable of leading the team like Burish, Mac, Gilbert did? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X