X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Not sure if tim benz on weei went to school around here but they are talking about the eichel stuff right now. slipping in manziel references along the way!

Haven't looked up any of the video clips that are online.
    They are, but no way in hell I'm gonna help you find 'em.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      So I see the stuff about him drinking out of the Beanpot....is it a reference to that? Sorry, I'm not up to speed on the Cycling team's habits (beyond Lance's trangressions).
      Google Eichel Bud Light
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Wait....the Dugout is closed??? Why??

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          mookie put two and two together and guessed that it had to do with the bike rides that followed the 2010 st patrick's day binge
          go to see addition isn't lost on all bu grads

yeesh

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Wait....the Dugout is closed??? Why??
            Not is closed, was just closed that night. A lot of people showed up and they had locked the doors and the bartenders inside told everyone they wouldn't be reopening.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              Google Eichel Bud Light
              OK...so we know (I guess now) that he's gone after this year. But doesn't it kind of come off as selfish? I mean, fine, you're going to the NHL and you're going to be one of the first two picks. But they just come off a huge win and are in the midst of a celebration. It makes it seem as though he is not even thinking about his present team, but just about next year. So Bomber (not to single you out, but just inquiring about something you mentioned)...what do you think this does for team morale?

Am I making too much of this? (I know everyone is going to say "yes")

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                OK...so we know (I guess now) that he's gone after this year. But doesn't it kind of come off as selfish? I mean, fine, you're going to the NHL and you're going to be one of the first two picks. But they just come off a huge win and are in the midst of a celebration. It makes it seem as though he is not even thinking about his present team, but just about next year. So Bomber (not to single you out, but just inquiring about something you mentioned)...what do you think this does for team morale?

Am I making too much of this? (I know everyone is going to say "yes")
                The Buffalo video posted was not taken Monday night, the Beanpot one was. To say Eichel is not thinking about his current team is so wildly wrong and baseless it's funny. Frankly, this is all much ado about nothing. A college kid drank beer, OH NO!
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  The Buffalo video posted was not taken Monday night, the Beanpot one was. To say Eichel is not thinking about his current team is so wildly wrong and baseless it's funny. Frankly, this is all much ado about nothing. A college kid drank beer, OH NO!
                  It's not about the beer...you know exactly what I'm saying. (Mo Vaughan: "It's not ABOUT the money!")

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    It's not about the beer...you know exactly what I'm saying. (Mo Vaughan: "It's not ABOUT the money!")
                    No, I know what you're saying. I'm just rejecting the notion that because at one point earlier in the year someone videotaped him making a sarcastic comment on a random night while partying with some friends that he was coming for Buffalo does not in any way imply that he's not thinking about his current team. Seeing the way he interacted with his teammates after the win Monday night, both on the ice and afterwards, it's clear as day that he is very, very close with the whole team. In fact, this is one of the most close-knit teams I've seen at BU or anywhere else. That extends all the way up to the coaching staff.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      go to see addition isn't lost on all bu grads

yeesh
                      I'M SMART!!!

I'M NOT LIKE EVERYBODY SAYS LIKE DUMB!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I do wonder if Coach Q will have a little sit down with Jack to discuss how someone in his position can get in trouble very quickly and very easily with one bad video/tweet/comment/thought/t-shirt choice. It's a strange, strange world we live in. I have ZERO concerns regarding his commitment to this team. Zero.

BU Hockey: I Went to College, I Had a Few Beers
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          I do wonder if Coach Q will have a little sit down with Jack to discuss how someone in his position can get in trouble very quickly and very easily with one bad video/tweet/comment/thought/t-shirt choice. It's a strange, strange world we live in. I have ZERO concerns regarding his commitment to this team. Zero.

BU Hockey: I Went to College, I Had a Few Beers
                          Quinn said he already talked to Jack about that. Hopefully he gives him a little social media 101 also.

http://media.weei.com/a/102529641/co...te-of-team.htm

Comment

My question to jack would be who are you with that would post that? Teammate? Random student? Didn't see the video and couldn't care less he was drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              My question to jack would be who are you with that would post that? Teammate? Random student?
                              I'm wondering this as well. Some kids probably think it was funny, not understanding the implications.

Comment

the video that comes up first on goofle is a camera phone shot of a camera phone shot of jack.

hope he has peeps outside the team with whom he is comfortable. mookie felt part of our problem a couple years back stemmed from the insulative nature of the team only seeing each other (it appeared).

the new issue of bostonia came in mookie's mail today. there is an excerpt of tom wolfe's book on silber in there. good stuff. mookie misses the ole' one arm bandit....
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X