X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
    Thanks for the advice. A friend is coming down from Northeastern. I'm coming in from Newton and was thinking about picking her up, but maybe she should try the T. Any word on how that is going; what sort of time to expect?
    The Green Line so far is OK, though it's usually slow as hell on Friday evenings anyway. I would strongly advise not trying to drive from Newton to Northeastern to BU. I fully expect downtown up through Kenmore/Comm Ave to be close to gridlock.

Yes, the garages will be mostly full from the track meet and what have you, but that doesn't change much that the street parking is all but nonexistent. Don't even bother trying the side streets in Brookline, those are barely plowed to allow one direction of travel, much less two, much less additional space for parking. Perhaps a meter further down Comm Ave towards Kenmore, or the Warren garage, or the lot next to Sargent would be a good option if Agganis/below New Balance Field garages are full.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Kenny Rausch ‏@usarausch tweeted:
      Feb 13, 1995 20 yrs ago-last Beanpot played in the Boston Garden. The REAL Boston Garden! Game of my life, will never forget it! #timeflies

It was a 5-1 win over BC. Rausch was MVP. IIRC, Matt Wright scored the game-winner that night and also the game-winner in the HE title game, the last college hockey game played at the old Garden.
      Last edited by Rogie21; 02-13-2015, 04:15 PM.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        That's exactly what happened. Honestly wouldn't shock me if a ref or two is late tonight, the traffic on Comm Ave, Beacon, and the surrounding neighborhoods over the past week or so has been brutal. If you're driving in, don't expect to get street parking, unclear if the parking ban will be in effect (Comm Ave is one of the banned streets), but the mounds are so huge there's barely any room. It sucks, but this is a game to just park in a garage and be free of worry.
        Garage won't be full, will it?
        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

There's a track meet going on so I'm going to say probably. I'm on the green line now and Comm Ave is kind of a parking lot from Kenmore to the BU bridge.

Comment

Hope many fans aren't in a turn around and go home situation

Comment

According to Twitter, UNH isn't here yet. Have they been watching different news reports than everyone else? Why they didn't leave earlier is beyond me.

ETA: They're here now.
              Last edited by Scarlet; 02-13-2015, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• So, tonight, Herlofsky or McKersie?
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                  Hope many fans aren't in a turn around and go home situation
                  I'm close to bailing. 2.5 hours from the north shore so far.

Comment

Any garage reports?

Comment

Game time moved to 7:15.

Comment

Thank you scarlet

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          According to Twitter, UNH isn't here yet. Have they been watching different news reports than everyone else? Why they didn't leave earlier is beyond me.

ETA: They're here now.
                          Maybe had classes
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• The agganis memory clip had an employee #6 sighting

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                            Any garage reports?
                            Mookie pulled in at 6p and the top wasn't 1/2 full yet.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Of course nobody can GET to the garage so what difference does it make

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Mookie pulled in at 6p and the top wasn't 1/2 full yet.

Oh good, you're here. I don't see you.

Comment

Working...
                                X