Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015 Part II: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    I don't know if anyone else noticed, but as the seniors were introduced in the post-game ceremony, Seth Appert shook hands with each one and handed him a bouquet of flowers to give to his mother, then a guy who looked (to me, at least) an awful lot like Col. Knowlton shook hands with each one.

Has the colonel not yet left Troy for the Air Force Academy, or did he make a trip back for this occasion?
    Tonight was his last night.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

With the league season now over- time for a little reflection. Obviously as a team we underperformed and disappointed. Most felt that we should have been far higher in the standings. But how does everyone feel about some things-how much will the seniors be missed for next year? What is your opinion of the freshmen and how they played this season? After checking Ralph's very comprehensive recruit thread, what do you think we have coming in for next year and will they replace what we lost? Figured I'd pose this now to kill the week as we await the trip to Potsdam. i was very surprised for us to get 3 points this weekend and had we held onto that third period lead against CCT and just stopped that tying goal, we would be playing in Troy next weekend.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Just to be picky, it's Nienhuis and also Daren.
        You are correct. I tried to type this real quick before I left for HFH tonight.
        I also made one mistake. Terry Butryn was number 14, not 17. Neil Hernberg was 17.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          You are correct. I tried to type this real quick before I left for HFH tonight.
          I also made one mistake. Terry Butryn was number 14, not 17. Neil Hernberg was 17.
          How did I miss that?!
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            How did I miss that?!
            The smurfs were interchangeable...
            You were probably busy watching recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              With the league season now over- time for a little reflection. Obviously as a team we underperformed and disappointed. Most felt that we should have been far higher in the standings. But how does everyone feel about some things-how much will the seniors be missed for next year? What is your opinion of the freshmen and how they played this season? After checking Ralph's very comprehensive recruit thread, what do you think we have coming in for next year and will they replace what we lost? Figured I'd pose this now to kill the week as we await the trip to Potsdam. i was very surprised for us to get 3 points this weekend and had we held onto that third period lead against CCT and just stopped that tying goal, we would be playing in Troy next weekend.
              On paper our incoming forwards will more than replace the seniors, but really we need improvement from the returnees. I don't expect Moore and Manley to replace Leonard and Curadi. Neither has size. Moore is a good offensive defenseman and Manley is mainly a mystery. I think that we had more than the usual amount of scholarship money invested in D this season and it will shift next season. This was due to the our losses at forward over the summer. I am very impressed with Dillon in goal.

I was impressed by the freshmen overall. Hopefully there won't be a sophomore jinx.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-28-2015, 09:57 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not to nitpick after a pretty good weekend, but someone needs to hammer into these guys heads not to ice the puck at an empty net when it isn't absolutely necessary with a 1 goal lead.

Comment

The band will NOT be traveling to Clarkson for the playoff series. Get out all of your disappointment now. I agree with you, but am not in a position to do anything about it.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    The band will NOT be traveling to Clarkson for the playoff series. Get out all of your disappointment now. I agree with you, but am not in a position to do anything about it.
                    I heard them mention on a hot mic on RPI-TV that they would, so that sucks they changed their mind.

Comment

RPI Fan 4 Life, thank you for the starting line information. No oranges will be thrown in this barn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        I don't think we lose much on offense with the outgoing seniors. But the defense is going to be much different. Curadi and Leonard both played defense first. Guys like Prapavessis and Bell look like offensive threats. This years system seemed to encourage the defensemen joining the play. The new guys look very talented especially Praps, I look forward to watching him for the next three years.
                        On offense, I can only hope that we find a couple of offensively talented people to play with Bourbonnais. I really felt that he was held back by his linemates this year.
                        As for recruits, I gave up trying to project their talents after watching Laliberte. He was just an ok player for us for four years, and I expected so much more.
                        In goal, we are going to need a rejuvenated Kasdorf. If he doesn't return to form, we may be in big trouble.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

The "WaP indicator" worked again: not a single loss all season when we scored three or more goals.

(not a single victory all season when we scored two or fewer goals).

So our objective next weekend is at least three goals in each of two games.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            The "WaP indicator" worked again: not a single loss all season when we scored three or more goals.

uhhh...

January 24th: RPI 3 - 8 Union

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

Brown 6-3.
                              Union 8-3.
                              RPI 2 -1 over Dartmouth
                              RPI 2-1 over UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by cudmud View Post
                                RPI Fan 4 Life, thank you for the starting line information. No oranges will be thrown in this barn.
                                You're very welcome. I usually don't go to Messy Rink often, but I don't think they throw oranges there anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X