Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015 Part II: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Will do. He will be rooting on his beloved Engineers tonight at HFH. Regarding Rich- Réquiem ætérnam dona eis, Dómine, et lux perpétua lúceat eis. Requiéscant in pace. Amen.
    For those of us who attended RPI because its motto isn't in Latin, what does that mean?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      We knew it when turk181 posted it yesterday http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6109593.
      I missed that thread I guess.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

For those of us who attended RPI because its motto isn't in Latin, what does that mean?
        Something those Catholics stuck in the Middle Ages say at a funeral.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          I missed that thread I guess.
          It was indeed news, however, as far as I know.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Grant them eternal rest, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them, (may they) rest in peace. Amen.

Comment

This team just doesn`t seem to have enough guys that hate to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                This team just doesn`t seem to have enough guys that hate to lose.
                Or they think a one goal lead in the third is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Who would ever think that?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Or any lead at any time of the game.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Who would ever think that?
                      Exactly my point.

Comment

Exactly my point.
                        Seeing how the coach constantly says he wants to be a great defensive team, as well as calling out seniors in the papers a couple of weeks back for "cheating for offense", no wonder they sit on the lead. They don't want to feel the wrath of the dreaded "coaches decision"

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                          Seeing how the coach constantly says he wants to be a great defensive team, as well as calling out seniors in the papers a couple of weeks back for "cheating for offense", no wonder they sit on the lead. They don't want to feel the wrath of the dreaded "coaches decision"
                          I would think that everyone would've realized by now that this is not a good defensive team and is not going to be one. The blue liners, especially the two seniors have been mediocre to bad much of the season. Add to that wildly inconsistent goaltending and bad special teams play and you get a 25 or 26 loss season.

I hope the new AD's first priority is to come up with a plan to turn this program around. I don't think it is as simple as just changing coaches. Maybe that is part of the solution, but I think there may be more to it than that. It sure would be nice to end the regular season with a win and then go steal a playoff series or two on the road.
                          LGR!

Comment

again, the team's putrid discipline bites them in the behind. They seem to play scared and uneven. The upside is they always seem to do damage when on the road in the playoffs. Maybe our hopes can be falsely raised again? I'll take it!
                            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                              again, the team's putrid discipline bites them in the behind. They seem to play scared and uneven. The upside is they always seem to do damage when on the road in the playoffs. Maybe our hopes can be falsely raised again? I'll take it!
                              Every9one is pretty much saying the same thing. But i would call our style of play simply tentative. Whether we get a lead or not, we never seem to play with any sort of desperation. We are playing just well enough to lose and you can never play any sport not to lose, you have to play to win. Outscored all season, outshot all season, penalized far more than opponents all season, losing most face offs all season, special teams outplayed all season. You do not have to be a chemistry major to see what that formula gives rise to.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Every9one is pretty much saying the same thing. But i would call our style of play simply tentative. Whether we get a lead or not, we never seem to play with any sort of desperation. We are playing just well enough to lose and you can never play any sport not to lose, you have to play to win. Outscored all season, outshot all season, penalized far more than opponents all season, losing most face offs all season, special teams outplayed all season. You do not have to be a chemistry major to see what that formula gives rise to.
                                Spot on Doc. I was trying to come up with one thing (just ONE) that this “team" does well.....I can’t. As I told Ralph in an email after the 1st Bentley loss, “this may be the worst 'team' I’ve seen in my 9 years of watching RPI hockey”. I stress team not individual play. Props though to the RPI ACHA team as they’re in their 1st Regionals. They take on UNH this afternoon..... http://achahockey.union.rpi.edu/home/
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X