THE 2015 BEANPOT.. ain't no deflate-gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE 2015 BEANPOT.. ain't no deflate-gate

They really need to re-schedule the Patriots parade as well. With the major issues with the MBTA and snow-related traffic, the city does not need an influx of another 500,000 people. There is no room for anyone to stand, either. I work a block from the parade route and am dreading the commute in tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      does it usually take 3h55m?!?!?!

whyn't y'all smaht like mookie and log into the desktop from home
      Well ya know, I need to get up before 6 am to head in and boss man likes to send his emails out to everyone to stay home at about 8 am. Two days in a row now. Guess who's staying home tomorrow no matter what?
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Well ya know, I need to get up before 6 am to head in and boss man likes to send his emails out to everyone to stay home at about 8 am. Two days in a row now. Guess who's staying home tomorrow no matter what?
        dammit anyways!!!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Not sure how many of you have been trying to move around the city lately but I can tell you right now take whatever amount of time you think you needed to get to the Garden and multiply it by 4. Usually it is advised to take the T. Don't do that today. I'm not kidding. Driving is probably a better option at this point even with some lanes completely unusable. I know it's cold but also consider walking if you are coming from an office downtown because the MBTA is pretty much out on vacation and hasn't really figured out this crazy impossible thing of how to operate trains in cold and snow in the middle of winter in Boston. And no matter where you walk, beware of falling ice, particularly as you enter the Garden as I saw a minor avalanche come off the corner of it this morning that easily could have caused serious damage.

Maybe the T gets up and running today but I wouldn't count on it.
          This.

As referenced apparently there's a broken rail on the greenline at Copley, so there's that as well. The Pike was a parking lot at 7 AM.

You'd think this is the first time this city has gotten snow.

I'd suggest driving in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            This.

As referenced apparently there's a broken rail on the greenline at Copley, so there's that as well. The Pike was a parking lot at 7 AM.

You'd think this is the first time this city has gotten snow.

I'd suggest driving in as well.
            Is that the issue on the Green Line? The MBTA apparently gave up tweeting this morning and I went on their site and all they said was they were busing. No reason. Maybe I'll take a cab........

Comment

i'm coming the Blue line from Revere. Maybe it would be better to get off at Aquarium and walk over?? Anyone know how bad the Blue line is? There's no snow in the tube underwater so there shouldnt be an issue until you get to land I'm thinking !

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                They really need to re-schedule the Patriots parade as well. With the major issues with the MBTA and snow-related traffic, the city does not need an influx of another 500,000 people. There is no room for anyone to stand, either. I work a block from the parade route and am dreading the commute in tomorrow.
                You probably saw it, but Walsh said the reason they don't want to put it off any longer is because the players all want to get out of town - the later the parade, the less players that will attend.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Not going today - will be there for round two whenever that happens - can't be Tuesday because the Bruins host the Seguins that night (I get to be there for that too). But if I were going, I would drive and hope that the garage off to the side of the Garden is not jam-packed.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Is that the issue on the Green Line? The MBTA apparently gave up tweeting this morning and I went on their site and all they said was they were busing. No reason. Maybe I'll take a cab........
                    Yes Kenmore to Haymarket I believe is bussing.

Considering how the roads are, I'm sure the bus is going over well.

Comment

• Re: THE 2015 BEANPOT.. ain't no deflate-gate

I'm not seeing anything about the North Station leg.

Latest Green Line update says:

Branches Affected: B, C, D, E
                      Green Line service is resuming between Arlington & Kenmore and Arlington & Prudential stations with moderate delays due to an earlier track problem

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                        The Beanpot, the best two Tuesdays in February
                        Well since no one can beat BC on a Monday they might as well try Tuesday right?

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          You probably saw it, but Walsh said the reason they don't want to put it off any longer is because the players all want to get out of town - the later the parade, the less players that will attend.
                          I did but the fact that the players won't stay an extra few days or come back later to be all fawned over and loved is really annoying me.

Comment

I did but the fact that the players won't stay an extra few days or come back later to be all fawned over and loved is really annoying me.
                            already told you, they need to go on vacation where the nfl can't reach them to get to the bottom of the latest cheating scandal
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              already told you, they need to go on vacation where the nfl can't reach them to get to the bottom of the latest cheating scandal
                              this

Comment

I just took a walk outside and it's already all gridlock-y in the Back Bay. A cab is now out of the question. Going to take my chance with the Orange line. Wish me luck!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X