THE 2015 BEANPOT.. ain't no deflate-gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Is Wade Megan gonna start crying again if we beat you guys?
    Mookie may cry
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: THE 2015 BEANPOT.. ain't no deflate-gate

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
      This is Northeastern's year you guys
      Amen!

Comment

I can't believe what I'm reading about the projected snowfall totals for the latest storm. Again? When do we think a call will be made about whether to play on Monday night? I'm coming up from CT and don't want to drag my *** up for a postponement.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwi View Post
          I can't believe what I'm reading about the projected snowfall totals for the latest storm. Again? When do we think a call will be made about whether to play on Monday night? I'm coming up from CT and don't want to drag my *** up for a postponement.
          As of now the projected totals for Monday aren't terribly high. 5-8 as of now. The high numbers on TV are from ratings-hungry weathermen who neglect to tell you that's potential over a four-day period.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwi View Post
            I'm game for Tuesday. Maybe we might actually win. 18-24 for the Boston area.

Edit: this is from the nation weather service through mon night...
            Snow accumulations...12 to 18 inches through late Monday night.
            A localized band of 18 to 24 inches of snow is possible near the
            Boston...to Bedford...to Beverly and Lawrence corridors in
            northeast Massachusetts through late Monday night
            Last edited by Chickens@NU; 02-07-2015, 02:25 PM.
            Originally posted by Bakunin
            Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
              Maybe we might actually win.
              Well it will be a cold day in hell so...

Honestly though, I'm just glad to see the pot come back to Boston.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Chickens@NU;6095028]I'm game for Tuesday. Maybe we might actually win. 18-24 for the Boston area.

The Bruins are playing on Tuesday. And the Celtics are playing Wednesday. Nothing there on Thursday but both schools have Fri/Sat games. And then Disney on Ice is there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post

Edit: this is from the nation weather service through mon night...
                  Snow accumulations...12 to 18 inches through late Monday night.
                  A localized band of 18 to 24 inches of snow is possible near the
                  Boston...to Bedford...to Beverly and Lawrence corridors in
                  northeast Massachusetts through late Monday night
                  That's 12-18 from now to then. Not all on Monday. Even the weather channel doesn't think there'll be a foot on Monday alone. Their forecast right Noe says 3-5 inches for Monday.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

since we may have an extra day or two, that may allow some of the grads from the other 3 schools to help our nu peeps with the big words

hahahahahaha

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/a...ege-rankings/#

"The government hopes to implement the system this fall. Don’t expect to find NU at the top: In Money magazine’s 2014 “Best Colleges for Your Money,” which uses a similar methodology, Northeastern landed at the bottom of the third quartile, at number 433."
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      To be fair, I think that the roughly 40 BU students who go to Maine and Vermont is completely foreign to them because no other HE team has a student fanbase that will travel that far in those numbers, at least as far as I know.
                      Just a gritty bunch of loyal diehards those fanboys are!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Scarlet;6095036]
                        Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post

The Bruins are playing on Tuesday. And the Celtics are playing Wednesday. Nothing there on Thursday but both schools have Fri/Sat games. And then Disney on Ice is there.
                        Because of this I think game on for Monday. I may start my commute into the city at 10 AM though.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

[QUOTE=Thiessen'sBetter;6095103]
                          Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Because of this I think game on for Monday. I may start my commute into the city at 10 AM though.
                          Whatever you do, do not under any circumstances take the orange line.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I just watched the news and now they're saying 14-20". Most of that will be on Monday. If they can't have the games, looks like the next possible date is Monday the 23rd. Which could be interesting given that it's the Monday before the home and home between BU and Northeastern. Not sure what to expect. The forecasted snow amounts have increased over the past few days. Boston and up towards the north shore look to be getting hit hardest.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              since we may have an extra day or two, that may allow some of the grads from the other 3 schools to help our nu peeps with the big words

hahahahahaha

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/a...ege-rankings/#

"The government hopes to implement the system this fall. Don’t expect to find NU at the top: In Money magazine’s 2014 “Best Colleges for Your Money,” which uses a similar methodology, Northeastern landed at the bottom of the third quartile, at number 433."
                              Pretty good article actually.. if you read the whole thing. It is from last year.. but look long enough & you'll find two sides to any story on the 'net.. ratings or not.
                              I applaud NU's effort to work the crazy magazines & the numbers game. They're least trying & have exponentially improved the experience @ the U as a whole. Tangibly.

Mookie on the other hand.. obsessed with sasquatch..
                              & now NU.
                              should've co-op ed

Go Huskies
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I just watched the news and now they're saying 14-20". Most of that will be on Monday. If they can't have the games, looks like the next possible date is Monday the 23rd. Which could be interesting given that it's the Monday before the home and home between BU and Northeastern. Not sure what to expect. The forecasted snow amounts have increased over the past few days. Boston and up towards the north shore look to be getting hit hardest.
                                Local TV news is a terrible place to get reliable snow forecasts. Read here, this guy is one of the best in the business: http://www.boston.com/news/weather/w...feature_sec_hp

50% chance we get over 10 inches between now and Tuesday morning.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X