THE 2015 BEANPOT.. ain't no deflate-gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    you might be louder but there is strength in numbers . We have 7 sections filled and NU had 3 1/2 filled so you be the judge
    If 3.5 sections can be louder, more enthusiastic, and more energized than 7 full ones, I give them the edge. To each their own, BC definitely had more kids. Just kinda wish they were louder and more into it. Even their sieve chant after goals was weak. Couldn't hear half the stuff they chanted.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
      If 3.5 sections can be louder, more enthusiastic, and more energized than 7 full ones, I give them the edge. To each their own, BC definitely had more kids. Just kinda wish they were louder and more into it. Even their sieve chant after goals was weak. Couldn't hear half the stuff they chanted.
      That's probably because you were in the NU section. I'm a neutral who was rooting for NU; sat around center ice in the lower bowl. BC's section was louder (by virtue of having more people). The Dog House was plenty loud, and probably had more chants going on a consistent basis (and definitely more original ones- "we can't hear you" every five minutes from BC was obnoxious and reminded me of high school basketball games). But to suggest that it was louder is just stupid. It wasn't. 3,000 drunk college students are always going to be louder than 1,500.

Curious to see what the turnouts will be on Monday. BU only filled 2.5 sections, but they had the early game and traffic/the green line was historically bad- hell, the band didn't get to the Garden until almost the end of the second period! Would be cool to see each team fill 6. Either way, the place is gonna be nuts!

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        but that is 5.5 sections filled with dudes wearing whale pants and sitting on their hands

(except for profromdover who is walking around the concourse with a camera asking co-eds to take a picture with him )
        TPFD doesn't do the Beanpot. He does get to meet some lovely young ladies, however!
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Re: THE 2015 BEANPOT.. ain't no deflate-gate

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
          That's probably because you were in the NU section. I'm a neutral who was rooting for NU; sat around center ice in the lower bowl. BC's section was louder (by virtue of having more people). The Dog House was plenty loud, and probably had more chants going on a consistent basis (and definitely more original ones- "we can't hear you" every five minutes from BC was obnoxious and reminded me of high school basketball games). But to suggest that it was louder is just stupid. It wasn't. 3,000 drunk college students are always going to be louder than 1,500.

Curious to see what the turnouts will be on Monday. BU only filled 2.5 sections, but they had the early game and traffic/the green line was historically bad- hell, the band didn't get to the Garden until almost the end of the second period! Would be cool to see each team fill 6. Either way, the place is gonna be nuts!
          From sitting in center ice, BC's side was louder to start the game. Please, everyone drop the we can't hear you.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

And also, someone really ought to inform the Northeastern band to stop playing the Gary Glitter song:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31153633
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

My impression was also that BC's section was pretty quiet, but if it was only because of distance I believe that. I could hardly even hear their band noise from our side (when I could) so it definitely dissipated quite a bit across the rink. I'd still argue we were way louder on a per capita basis though, and I'd expect our quarter to be full for the next game. A lot of kids just stayed home between the time, T, and weather (Which I'm sure is just as true for you poor green line folks) plus we sold out the rest of our tickets on Wednesday.

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              And also, someone really ought to inform the Northeastern band to stop playing the Gary Glitter song:
              If you can convince our band director to do anything that anyone else suggests you'd be the first and we'd probably recruit you to convince him of a lot of other things.
              Last edited by TheRevengeance; 02-05-2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                My impression was also that BC's section was pretty quiet, but if it was only because of distance I believe that. I could hardly even hear their band noise from our side (when I could) so it definitely dissipated quite a bit across the rink. I'd still argue we were way louder on a per capita basis though, and I'd expect our quarter to be full for the next game. A lot of kids just stayed home between the time, T, and weather (Which I'm sure is just as true for you poor green line folks) plus we sold out the rest of our tickets on Wednesday.

If you can convince our band director to do anything that anyone else suggests you'd be the first and we'd probably recruit you to convince him of a lot of other things.
                Many, many from BU didn't come, the T at 5 was a disaster. Also, I would think many couldn't make the rescheduled game time. It took my girlfriend nearly an hour and a half to go from Ruggles to North Station. BU sold out of their tickets last week, but many that NU gives to students go to BU non-student season ticket holders, for instance the third section over, 306 in our case, is at least half-sold to season ticket holders. I can tell you I've seen many BU kids looking for blocks of seats.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Do they? That sucks for the kids. I'd imagine it could really mess with the student section togetherness/density as well, because certain people absolutely have to sit in the random corner seat on their ticket and would displace anyone to do it (slight exaggeration, but they try it on our side a couple of times a game without fail.)

"Lucky" enough NU has our empty bowl with our 13 season ticket holders, so we don't have such issues.
                  Last edited by TheRevengeance; 02-05-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                    Do they? That sucks for the kids. I'd imagine it could really mess with the student section togetherness/density as well, because certain people absolutely have to sit in the random corner seat on their ticket and would displace anyone to do it (slight exaggeration, but it happens on our side at least)
                    They do, we have more season ticket holders than you do, so they have to go somewhere if they all request tickets.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

We were in the Harvard section, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

No one loves a "we have the bestest fanzzzz!111!!" discussion like NU, which is funny considering they're usually near the bottom of attendance.
                        bump

Comment

I'm curious: will the BU and NU students be sitting at the same end of the arena for this game? Or will they move one to the BC/Harvard end? There were a couple sections that had overlapping fans (308, 309) so I'm wondering how they'll distribute it.

Comment

mookie wants to congratulate the huskies now on their beanpot victory. this is their super bowl. their whole season and reason for living. 'when you ain't got nothing, you've got nothing to lose'. said john silber when talking about francis xavier belotti's last made dash in the dem gov primary some years ago

the building will be rocking around 1030p monday and the 2k nu alums who give a crap will be getting calls from the other 100k who will suddenly be jumping on the bandwagon

so again, congrats on your beanpot championship
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                              I'm curious: will the BU and NU students be sitting at the same end of the arena for this game? Or will they move one to the BC/Harvard end? There were a couple sections that had overlapping fans (308, 309) so I'm wondering how they'll distribute it.
                              nobody is moving anywhere.....
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If the game is played at all......another storm is headed this way. Can't postpone till Tuesday this time as the Bruins are playing Tuesday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X