Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Middlebury hockey

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
    Never thought I'd see the day... that a Middlebury Thread would be started by a Cardinal fan, and supported so well in a complimentary manner by Platty and Wick fans! I guess that no one really wants to see their long time rivals reduced to the point where beating them is meaningless!
    I agree that Klein is a big factor, but I'm proud of the whole squad. Great effort all around over the weekend. Hoping that the confidence gained will carry through the tough NESCAC schedule ahead.
    I have to say, as a Midd naysayer recently, that pulling out two convincing rivalry wins is impressive. I'm always rooting for the Panthers, but it's been dismal of late. Congratulations are due, and I'm hopeful that this is the start of something. Goaltending has been awful, for the most part, over too many recent seasons. Now is the time to go on a win streak, and beat NESCAC teams that aren't as good as Plattsburgh and Norwich, and realize their potential. I hope Middlebury can pull it together and recover from the worst season start I can remember! At .500 it's like a new season.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
      Never thought I'd see the day... that a Middlebury Thread would be started by a Cardinal fan, and supported so well in a complimentary manner by Platty and Wick fans! I guess that no one really wants to see their long time rivals reduced to the point where beating them is meaningless!
      I agree that Klein is a big factor, but I'm proud of the whole squad. Great effort all around over the weekend. Hoping that the confidence gained will carry through the tough NESCAC schedule ahead.
      Congratulations to a well earned Middlebury victory. You gave our Cadets far more than they were able to handle by most of all shut down our always aggressive shooting. Stay with it and who knows...we may get another shot at you this season
      Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
      Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
        Congradulations to a well earned Middlebury victory. You gave our Cadets far more than they were able to handle by most of all shut down our always aggressive shooting. Stay with it and who knows...we may get another shot at you this season
        fyp
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          fyp
          True
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Nice to see the Panthers being talked about in such positive ways again. Cudos to BB and his staff.

From collegehockeystats.net: Record at Middlebury (Entering 2014-2015): 506-172-48 (.730) (27 Seasons)

Wow! In a class of his own!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              fyp
              fyp....means?
              Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
              Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

fyp....means?
                Look at the picture in Norm's post and compare it to what i did to your quote.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

As a long time Middlebury fan, I'm very impressed with the performance by the team this past weekend. But, as the past five years has demonstrated, consistency has been a big issue. In the next five weekends, Midd has to face four ranked (or formally ranked) teams, three of whom have already beaten them. They are going to need repeat this performance, with no off games or slow weekends, for the rest of the season.

Comment

Just remember its ez to get up for the big games,playing well day in and day out is the big test..Just ask USN and Oswego

Comment

fyp....means?
                      Fixed Your Post.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        Nice to see the Panthers being talked about in such positive ways again. Cudos to BB and his staff.

From collegehockeystats.net: Record at Middlebury (Entering 2014-2015): 506-172-48 (.730) (27 Seasons)

Wow! In a class of his own!
                        And that's after being irrelevant for the past 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                          And that's after being irrelevant for the past 5 years
                          And how many years have you been irrelevant??

Comment

Originally posted by OLD GUY '61 View Post
                            And how many years have you been irrelevant??

Comment

The Middlebury thread has started to flame out. I guess it is up to the team to keep it in the forefront. If they sweep Bowdoin and Colby, then that will generate some conversation, but if they repeat what they did against those teams in Maine, the thread will dry up. Or elicit some negative comments before fading away. This is a defining weekend for the Panthers to see if they can maintain the level of play they exhibited last weekend.
                              Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

I have seen this act so many times, bad start get written off and then comes the second semester and here comes the Panthers. I look for them to sweep this weekend.
                                Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Working...
                                X