PDA

View Full Version : RPI vs. Union (Mayor's Cup) Saturday, 1/24/2015

Pages : 1 [2]

FlagDUDE08
01-22-2015, 09:02 PM
Bennett wasn't a dick for once

Seriously. I would have loved to watch RPI-TV film the Union team skating Herbies after giving up that six-spot earlier in the season.

aweise
01-23-2015, 11:43 AM
I don't like playing this game at this time of year, as it means nothing, but the teams are not going to play it that way.
That means that they will go all out and put themselves in a position to get hurt just because they don't like each other.
That is not to say that they shouldn't play hard, but it is an exhibition game and means nothing. And it comes at a time when we would really like to be playing league games.
The only way this becomes a good situation is if we win and come out of the game healthy.
I would love to see Diebold start this game, and save Kasdorf for games that count. JMO

I'd have to agree. I'm not sure why they put this game in late January (perhaps to draw more attention to it?), but it would seem to be a better idea to have the league home & home weekend now - makes things more intense as the stretch run begins.

RPI fan 4 life
01-23-2015, 11:50 AM
I'd have to agree. I'm not sure why they put this game in late January (perhaps to draw more attention to it?), but it would seem to be a better idea to have the league home & home weekend now - makes things more intense as the stretch run begins.

Never liked the home & home weekend. But it makes more sense to have it this weekend instead at the start of the league season.

Ralph Baer
01-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Never liked the home & home weekend. But it makes more sense to have it this weekend instead at the start of the league season.

But RPI swept Union, so it can't all be bad. :)

Waite21
01-23-2015, 01:04 PM
I don't know about Union's academic calendar, but I know RPI's students don't resume classes until next Monday. If the home-and-home series were held this weekend, most of the students would not yet have returned to campus.

A home-and-home series against a big rival loses something if only a limited number of students are around to attend the games.

Rainman
01-23-2015, 01:13 PM
I don't know about Union's academic calendar

Union is on a trimester system, and their first trimester ends right before Thanksgiving. Their students have final exams the weekend before Thanksgiving, which is why Union and RPI never play any league games that weekend. They also get the entire month of December off, so I'd assume their classes started back on January 5. I was at the Colgate/Union game last Saturday, and I saw what looked like a student section (oddly, in the end where Union defends twice).

ADK11
01-24-2015, 11:15 PM
Seriously. I would love to watch RPI-TV film RPI skating Herbies after giving up that eight-spot tonight.Fixed your post :D:D

ibanezist00
01-24-2015, 11:33 PM
Well, that just happened. Moving onwards in our ECAC schedule...