Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rankings

What a joke the rankings in div 3 men's hockey are. PBURGH beats NORWICH 4-1 and Norwich stays number 2.

Re: Rankings

Originally posted by PburghFan58 View Post
    What a joke the rankings in div 3 men's hockey are. PBURGH beats NORWICH 4-1 and Norwich stays number 2.
    There is more to it than that ! Look where Oswego is and they beat Plattsburgh. Plattsburgh also lost to Norwich and tied Amherst. You have to also consider SOS and OOC among other factors. BTW....I am a Plattsburgh fan and have been since the 70s. I really think these rankings are pretty much on the mark !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Wow.....smh
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

They have split two games. 5-1 loss and 4-1 win. It doesn't appear as if you have a legitimate complaint here. Plattsburgh also has two losses to Norwich's one loss. In this crazy sport anything can happen on any given day. Look at St. Mary's against Aurora last month. They lose 6-3 on Friday and win 11-2 on Sunday. Last year SNC beat Adrian 11-1 and lost to them the next night 4-1. You have to look at the entirety of the teams performance and not just a single game. Plattsburgh and Norwich have split two games and Norwich has the better overall record (13-1-1 vs. 12-2-1).

Comment

....and about 5 seconds away from being ranked #5 !!!

Comment

I dunno - the poll is working like it should - somebody's talking about it... #sorrynotsorry
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              There is more to it than that ! Look where Oswego is and they beat Plattsburgh. Plattsburgh also lost to Norwich and tied Amherst. You have to also consider SOS and OOC among other factors. BTW....I am a Plattsburgh fan and have been since the 70s. I really think these rankings are pretty much on the mark !
              True, there really was no where to drop Norwich to without them being below Plattsburgh, which at this point, they do not belong.
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                True, there really was no where to drop Norwich to without them being below Plattsburgh, which at this point, they do not belong.
                Norwich did drop from 1st to 2nd this week! Plattsburgh went from 7th to 3rd!

Comment

I thought the biggest surprise was that UMB only dropped 3 spots.
                  Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
                    Norwich did drop from 1st to 2nd this week! Plattsburgh went from 7th to 3rd!
                    Ok, to be clearer - "True, but since Plattsburgh shot up to third place, there really was no way to drop Norwich more without them being below Plattsburgh, which at this point, they do not belong."
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                      I thought the biggest surprise was that UMB only dropped 3 spots.
                      Pretty much everyone from 1 - 6 lost or tied last week. That's why Oswego loses to SNH and doesn't move at all. Everyone around them lost too. I thought the poll was pretty consistent compared to last week's poll. I'm impressed! (Not sure who voted Plattsburgh #1 though - I don't see any way they're ahead of St. Norbert or Norwich.) With a sound defeat of #1 Norwich (and their sound beating by said Cadets), not bad for a Div III hockey poll!
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Any change of heart?

Comment

Originally posted by snc11 View Post
                          Any change of heart?
                          In DIII I think we have seen that anyone can beat anyone on a given night ! You CANNOT take any team lightly or for granted !!!! This is why they are polls...not true rankings !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by snc11 View Post
                            Any change of heart?

Just a bit of a cheap shot from the frontrunners...noted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cards81 View Post
                              Just a bit of a cheap shot from the frontrunners...noted.
                              No shot at all. Just a simple 4-word question on the heels of a complaint.

Comment

Working...
                              X