PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 1/16 & 1/17

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

ExileOnDaytonStreet
01-17-2015, 11:40 PM
Misse the last two minutes because my DVR decided to be a jerk about when it stops recording. *sigh*

From that vine, it looks like a pretty bad hit. Probably not a lot of intent behind it, but the kind of hit that should/will get punished severely all the same. You just can't do that anymore.

SanTropez
01-17-2015, 11:41 PM
Good hit. Tell the kid to skate with his head up and that won't happen.

Good hit if you play for NoDak, otherwise it was a shot to the head.

The Rube
01-18-2015, 12:15 AM
Good hit if you play for NoDak, otherwise it was a shot to the head.

I've only heard ONE other person say it was a good hit (and he even admitted he needed to see another angle). Guess what? Whioux fan.

Box.

Slap Shot
01-18-2015, 12:35 AM
Good hit. Tell the kid to skate with his head up and that won't happen.

lulz

Gurtholfin
01-18-2015, 01:05 AM
Just watched the dvr of "The Hit."

The hit was head contact... plain and simple.

*****ing about what Rumpel did makes me wonder if the complainers have ever watched hockey... even once. It was two on one and Rumpel made it 2 on 2.

He didn't snake the Gopher player. He pulled him off with purpose and left it at that.

Gurtholfin
01-18-2015, 01:08 AM
Love how some get so offended by... GASP... scrums.

The Rube
01-18-2015, 01:10 AM
Just watched the dvr of "The Hit."

The hit was head contact... plain and simple.

*****ing about what Rumpel did makes me wonder if the complainers have ever watched hockey... even once. It was two on one and Rumpel made it 2 on 2.

He didn't snake the Gopher player. He pulled him off with purpose and left it at that.

Initially, I thought he was 3rd man in. He wasn't. I erred. I still maintain that the "finishing move" (for lack of a better term) was unnecessary.

Gurtholfin
01-18-2015, 01:10 AM
Of course Scooby's inherent superior Minnesota hockey knowledge was able to correctly predict an easy Gopher win tonight, right?

Gurtholfin
01-18-2015, 01:12 AM
Initially, I thought he was 3rd man in. He wasn't. I erred. I still maintain that the "finishing move" (for lack of a better term) was unnecessary.

BS. These guys are ripped. Your boy didn't even feel any of that.

I'm sure he laughed it off.

Gurtholfin
01-18-2015, 01:13 AM
Hilarious in that Skejl (is that really how you spell "Shea?") was actually the third man in.

Gurtholfin
01-18-2015, 01:15 AM
Unless of course I processed the video incorrectly.

I've had a few...

The Rube
01-18-2015, 01:15 AM
BS. These guys are ripped. Your boy didn't even feel any of that.

I'm sure he laughed it off.

It was the action itself. Not the "pain" it didn't cause. :)

And yes, Skjei was the 3rd in. Not proud of that.

If your boy didn't head-hunt, none of this discussion would be taking place, though. Would it? :p

Gurtholfin
01-18-2015, 01:21 AM
It was a harmless scrum.

The hit itself was the only thing that merits any concern. The rest was just hockey and if Gopher fans are offended by a simple scrum, then you aren't tough enough to deserve a title and it's no wonder that your teams piddle down their legs year after year.

Grow a pair, you *******.

See you in a couple weeks. :D

The Rube
01-18-2015, 01:24 AM
It was a harmless scrum.

The hit itself was the only thing that merits any concern. The rest was just hockey and if Gopher fans are offended by a simple scrum, then you aren't tough enough to deserve a title and it's no wonder that your teams piddle down their legs year after year.

Grow a pair, you *******.

See you in a couple weeks. :D

:p

Like I mentioned in various places, y'all wanna be UND. You ain't UND. I actually thought you were better than that. Now excuse me while I douse myself in bleach after making that statement. ;)

Gurtholfin
01-18-2015, 01:26 AM
One bad hit means we want to be UND?

C'mon...

The dvr just asked me if I want to delete this recording.

Where's the "Abso****inglutely" button?

The Rube
01-18-2015, 01:30 AM
One bad hit means we want to be UND?

C'mon...

The dvr just asked me if I want to delete this recording.

Where's the "Abso****inglutely" button?

You had Soleway running the goalie, too. I admit, Twocox fell down a little too easily, but the action was pretty blatant. And then the cheap shot on Warning? when he was going to the bench...WI was trying to get dirty. They have/had nothing to lose at that point, and they let out their frustrations. It's a shame that sometimes (AMBROZ, LOOKING AT YOU) bought into it.

state of hockey
01-18-2015, 01:32 AM
The scrum was fine and I was happy to see it happen. Need to respond to hits like that.

Like I said earlier, Skjei didn't give a rip that he was yanked off like that. You could see Rumpel talk to him immediately following it and they both patted each other on the back. It was an "all good" sort of thing.

Gurtholfin
01-18-2015, 01:36 AM
Meh.

That's hockey. Guarantee you your boys have already forgotten about it.

I see similar stuff in high school games. Honestly - they don't even feel the contact during scrums.

They'll all been through it hundreds of times. They laugh about it.

The Rube
01-18-2015, 01:37 AM
Meh.

That's hockey. Guarantee you your boys have already forgotten about it.

I see similar stuff in high school games. Honestly - they don't even feel the contact during scrums.

They'll all been through it hundreds of times. They laugh about it.

I get it. I'm a supporter of The Code, etc....just wish our boys wouldn't take the bait sometimes.

Gurtholfin
01-18-2015, 01:41 AM
I get it. I'm a supporter of The Code, etc....just wish our boys wouldn't take the bait sometimes.

Like SOH hockey said, it's a good sign that your boys "took the bait."

In a lopsided game they had nothing to lose and it showed that they're willing to have each others' backs. They actually followed the code.

I bet Lucia was thrilled to see it - even if he wouldn't admit it.