PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 1/16 & 1/17

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

ScoobyDoo
01-17-2015, 08:49 PM
Rumpel was fine in my opinion. Skjei didn't seem to care much, so I'm not going to.

What started the whole thing is what was ugly.

Blasting someone in the head has no place in any hockey game at any level.

WisconsinWildcard
01-17-2015, 08:49 PM
Rumpel was fine in my opinion. Skjei didn't seem to care much, so I'm not going to.

Agree on both statements. Rumpel and Skjei seemed to be laughing it off when they were separated so I didn't read into it much more than a typical scuffle.

The hit was ugly. I would not be surprised if he gets another game besides Friday.

Slap Shot
01-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Well, I feel a little less bad now, however that we'll be severely put to the test against Mankato. :)

The Rube
01-17-2015, 09:00 PM
The hit was ugly. I would not be surprised if he gets another game besides Friday.

Agreed. The first time I saw it in real-time, I thought it MIGHT have been clean, but nope. Not even close.

Timothy A
01-17-2015, 09:15 PM
I have no doubts as to what the results will be of the game tonight. NO doubt.

I knew I should have put my retirement money on the rodents tonight.

The Rube
01-17-2015, 09:17 PM
Honestly, after that 2nd goal, I think Rumpel was thrown off his game a little. He was rattled about it, spouting off to the refs and such.

burd
01-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Hard to believe the conference with Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin does not have one team inside the bubble in mid January. Throw in Maine and BC, and it's twilight zone.
Or maybe it's just the modern era of college hockey.

streaker
01-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Hard to believe the conference with Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin does not have one team inside the bubble in mid January. Throw in Maine and BC, and it's twilight zone.
Or maybe it's just the modern era of college hockey.

I'd like to see where they would be if some of the WCHA teams played the same NC schedule that Minnesota and Michigan played, too.

The Rube
01-17-2015, 10:07 PM
Mike Eaves, post-game tonight:

We’ve used the analogy of puppies in a box; they always want to get out and when they do something good you want to scratch them behind the ear and the next thing you know they’re crapping on the carpet,” he said. “We crapped on the carpet tonight.

Bale
01-17-2015, 10:53 PM
I'd like to see where they would be if some of the WCHA teams played the same NC schedule that Minnesota and Michigan played, too.

I'm not sure who that's a rip on. Wcha or b10 teams?

burd
01-17-2015, 10:59 PM

I'm not sure you got my point.

But following your point, I don't know about Michigan, but UMinn's schedule to this point has not been a ballbreaker. Don't you think the mere fact that you are comparing UMich and UMinn's schedules to the schedules of teams in the new WCHA is a statement in itself? Not that MSU and Tech aren't legit teams--they are.

captain beefheart
01-17-2015, 11:01 PM

I fully agree with your Rumple take.

The Rube
01-17-2015, 11:02 PM
After seeing more replays, I may have over-reacted a bit. I don't mind him pulling the guy off...I was more mad at the rear-naked-chokehold that was rather unnecessary.

Bale
01-17-2015, 11:08 PM
I'm not sure you got my point.

But following your point, I don't know about Michigan, but UMinn's schedule to this point has not been a ballbreaker. Don't you think the mere fact that you are comparing UMich and UMinn's schedules to the schedules of teams in the new WCHA is a statement in itself? Not that MSU and Tech aren't legit teams--they are.

Thats why I was confused. In fairness, my had the #3 sos as of 2 weeks ago and #5 as of last week. The wcha teams are playing a pretty good schedule.

D2D
01-17-2015, 11:29 PM
Our seats were just above the Gophers' penalty box, and when all the unnecessary late penalties the Gophers took in the last three minutes caused them to be two men down when the game SHOULD have at that point been on cruise control, it did produce a funny moment. With five Gophers crowding the box, there were AT LEAST 30 fans who stood up, cell phones in hand, capturing the moment by taking photos of the improbable late-game scene as the players jostled for position in the crowded space. Although by then the game was PROBABLY well in hand (and please forgive me for having SOME remaining doubt, based on recent experience) I was both concerned yet amused at the same time. While the Gophers did need to stand up and not be intimidated, the next time something similar happens I hope they don't end up on the short end of the stick, with two men down, in a different game that truly does still hang in the balance.

Greyeagle
01-17-2015, 11:32 PM
Our seats were just above the Gophers' penalty box, and when all the unnecessary late penalties the Gophers took in the last three minutes caused them to be two men down when the game SHOULD have at that point been on cruise control, it did produce a funny moment. With five Gophers crowding the box, there were AT LEAST 30 fans who stood up, cell phones in hand, capturing the moment by taking photos of the improbable late-game scene as the players jostled for position in the crowded space. Although by then the game was PROBABLY well in hand (and please forgive me for having SOME remaining doubt, based on recent experience) I was both concerned yet amused at the same time. While the Gophers did need to stand up and not be intimidated, the next time something similar happens I hope they don't end up on the short end of the stick, with two men down, in a different game that truly does still hang in the balance.

Could you hear the chirping in the box(es)? Looked like it got intense a few times.

SanTropez
01-17-2015, 11:34 PM
#20 channeled his inner whioux player by almost taking off the head of Bristedt, nice move.

The series in thinner-ville in 2 weeks should be fun.

purpleinnebraska
01-17-2015, 11:36 PM

Michigan went to Ferris and to Tech, and came out 0-3. MSU-M went to those 2 places, and came out 4-0. Michigan is playing well now and has a lot of talent, but I think at least as concerns Michigan and the WCHA, the rankings are about right for what has happened so far this year.

D2D
01-17-2015, 11:37 PM
Could you hear the chirping in the box(es)? Looked like it got intense a few times.
Not close enough to hear chirping, but it was definitely a crazy/weird scene. Kind of reminded me of a few past games with the Whioux, when creating mayhem at the end was their last best hope of pulling out a win.

mcfarljd
01-17-2015, 11:38 PM
Good hit. Tell the kid to skate with his head up and that won't happen.