PDA

View Full Version : SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

Lady wore Black
01-11-2015, 05:23 PM
SCSU is coming off a must needed sweep. Denver was swept by Nebraska-Omaha.

If history prevails, this will be a split series even though SCSU needs to start sweeping.

Tipsy McStagger
01-12-2015, 08:12 AM
No love lost between these two teams.

Tipsy McStagger
01-12-2015, 02:56 PM
113 views and 1 reply. Quite a few people interested in this series, but apparently not interested enough to contribute to any kind of conversation.

Figures. Denver fans probably have nothing to say because they know their team's season is going to be pretty much finished after this weekend. No Sam Brittain to save them from irrelevance now. Just the undeniable realization that their program screwed up majorly by letting Gwoz leave.

SCSU SWEEP

Pump It Up
01-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Denver isn't a part of NCHC.tv are they? How do I watch these games?

SCSU Euro
01-12-2015, 06:37 PM
Denver isn't a part of NCHC.tv are they? How do I watch these games?

ROOT.

Although I think one of the two games will be on NCHC.tv

32 Degrees!
01-12-2015, 07:47 PM
DU should rebound after last weekend's snafu in Nebraska. That, combined with the shock waves still being felt around here from the Sunday performance of the Colorado NFL franchise .... We need some glimmer of hope this week. I can't see the Huskies getting 2 wins. It should be a light crowd, surprise surprise.

SCSU Euro
01-12-2015, 08:02 PM
DU should rebound after last weekend's snafu in Nebraska. That, combined with the shock waves still being felt around here from the Sunday performance of the Colorado NFL franchise .... We need some glimmer of hope this week. I can't see the Huskies getting 2 wins. It should be a light crowd, surprise surprise.

Didn't see the DU @ UNO series, but I feel like Omaha is a good team that's been fortunate to get some of their results. There's no way that watching the hockey played we deserved to get swept there, wouldn't be surprised if the same can be said for DU.

I expect a split but honestly if one team were to get 4 or more points, I actually like SCSU's chances more than DU's. That being said, no result would shock me… other than SCSU getting 5 points, 'cause that'd require a shootout win.

Red Cows
01-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Didn't see the DU @ UNO series, but I feel like Omaha is a good team that's been fortunate to get some of their results. There's no way that watching the hockey played we deserved to get swept there, wouldn't be surprised if the same can be said for DU.

I expect a split but honestly if one team were to get 4 or more points, I actually like SCSU's chances more than DU's. That being said, no result would shock me… other than SCSU getting 5 points, 'cause that'd require a shootout win.

I don't know what your definition of "fortunate" is, but, rallying to win after being down 3-0 with 5:31 left in the 2nd one night (with your 3rd string goalie playing the last half of the game, starting with the moment when you actually went down 3-0) and them winning 1-0 the next night with your 2nd string goalie in the net replacing your Hobey-Baker-candidate starting goalie isn't "fortunate" in my book. There is another word for this, but, "fortunate" would not be my word of choice.

UNO's freshman class has scored more points (66) than that of any other D-1 team's freshman class in the nation.

Tipsy McStagger
01-13-2015, 12:07 AM
I don't know what your definition of "fortunate" is, but, rallying to win after being down 3-0 with 5:31 left in the 2nd one night (with your 3rd string goalie playing the last half of the game, starting with the moment when you actually went down 3-0) and them winning 1-0 the next night with your 2nd string goalie in the net replacing your Hobey-Baker-candidate starting goalie isn't "fortunate" in my book. There is another word for this, but, "fortunate" would not be my word of choice.

UNO's freshman class has scored more points (66) than that of any other D-1 team's freshman class in the nation.
I think his definition in this instance is winning a game that you were outplayed in. That happens sometimes in hockey.

What does UNO's freshman class scoring have anything to do with the things being discussed here?

hockeykrazy
01-13-2015, 08:28 AM

I think you have SCSUEuro confused as a Denver fan. I believe he was talking about the SCSU/UNO Friday night - shots 49 - 23.
He even says in his comment that he didn't see the DU/UNO series- based on what he saw UNO vs SCSU.

The Saturday boxscore against Denver would seem to indicate you supporting his argument. Being outplayed and playing your second string goalie and still winning would seem pretty fortunate to most people. Just like a lot of people in St. Cloud thought Bob was crazy playing our second string Reilola and even though we outplayed them we still felt fortunate to hold on and beat Miami Saturday night.

du78
01-13-2015, 09:59 AM
TV Schedule

Friday - ROOT Sports

Saturday - Live stream on Pio Vision and NCHC.TV

dubbie31
01-13-2015, 12:56 PM
The UNO/Denver series may have been a season definer for both teams. We can only hope it doesn't start a complete collapse for the year. Denver can still make this season a good one if they can recover, but time is running out.

SCSU Euro
01-13-2015, 10:51 PM
For the record, I was not saying UNO is a bad team. In fact, to this point of the season I think they've been better than my club. But yes I feel they have had fortune go their way a few times and I also feel they are fortunate to be ahead of the likes of North Dakota, Duluth and Miami to this point, all 3 of which I think have been better than UNO.

As far as Denver and St. Cloud go, these two teams play 4 more times before the end of the season. That's 12 points sitting out there, and I doubt the loser of this 4-game series gets home ice. Honestly, neither might. I wanna win 2 series in a row but if we win Friday I feel Denver's too good and too desperate to lose again on Saturday. Even with a runny nose I smell a split.

dubbie31
01-13-2015, 11:56 PM
For the record, I was not saying UNO is a bad team. In fact, to this point of the season I think they've been better than my club. But yes I feel they have had fortune go their way a few times and I also feel they are fortunate to be ahead of the likes of North Dakota, Duluth and Miami to this point, all 3 of which I think have been better than UNO.

As far as Denver and St. Cloud go, these two teams play 4 more times before the end of the season. That's 12 points sitting out there, and I doubt the loser of this 4-game series gets home ice. Honestly, neither might. I wanna win 2 series in a row but if we win Friday I feel Denver's too good and too desperate to lose again on Saturday. Even with a runny nose I smell a split.

I think I agree with you

Red Cows
01-14-2015, 04:27 PM

That wasn't the way I was taking it either. The point I was trying to make is that UNO hasn't been fortunate, really,--they've been pretty darn good with a few stinkers I expected (for such a young team)--On the backs of that freshman class that leads the NCAA's in freshmen scoring. I don't think a fortunate team wins games like I described. I think you have to be pretty good, in general, to win games in those situations I described.

Definitely not trying to pick a fight here.

Lady wore Black
01-16-2015, 08:02 PM
Game Day!

Who is not that really excited!?

Tipsy McStagger
01-16-2015, 09:09 PM
Game Day!

Who is not that really excited!?

I am very excited to not be able to watch this game tonight

First Time, Long Time
01-17-2015, 11:42 PM
Stick a fork in this season, this team is done.
Play so well against Miami and then lay eggs like that both nights...