Bowling Green at Michigan Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling Green at Michigan Tech

This is going to be a fun series, BG is on a roll and Tech has had its first struggles as of late.

Tech will definitely be ready as points are needed by both teams to stay close to Mankato.

A huge series that will go a long way in the standings.

Tech is going to rebound and play big against BG...

Re: Bowling Green at Michigan Tech

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post

Tech is going to rebound and play big against BG...
    Honestly, I doubt it. I think BGSU wins easily.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I think I'd rather play you guys after you win as opposed to your results this past weekend. There's a lot riding on this series for both teams and more so now for MTU given your results this past weekend. You'll be trying to prove that this past weekend was a fluke and we'll be trying to prove that our whole season hasn't been a fluke (it amazes me that some still don't believe, even in our own fan base).

We struggled Saturday night when we shouldn't have (although there was a lot of weirdness going on with the puck movement, bounces, etc.), but we managed to pull out a tie. In the past that would have been unthinkable because the team would've folded with a 3 point deficit. That, alone, tells me more about the character of this team than a sweep would have. They don't quit.

It should be a great series.

Comment

Also, be aware that Saturday's faceoff has been moved up to a 5:07 EST puck drop. Don't want anyone missing the game tuning in at the original time of 7:07.

The Portage Lake Lift Bridge will be closed for 10 hours starting at 9pm that night, so this will allow anyone attending the game to cross back to Hancock & the rest of Copper Island before the closure begins. And I'm sure BG won't argue getting a 2 hour jump on busing back to northern Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          The Portage Lake Lift Bridge will be closed for 10 hours starting at 9pm that night
          And "300 million Americans will be left stranded." Yeah, that joke has been recycled a few times.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Wow big series and no discussion.
            Tech needs to get back to team defense with all 4 lines clicking.
            Malcolm Gould and Tyler Heinonen have emerged as offensive threats this year. Dylan Steman has played very solid for a freshman.
            The top 6 overall is slumping a bit with Pietila and Johnstone. Sturos has been recently out of the top 6. Injuries have shuffled the lineup a bit.
            Kero and Petan have been solid and consistent.

I am surprised Blacklock and Anderson have not had any time, but maybe Coach could address with an update on a future Monday show.

Comment

It's a big series, no doubt. Speculation abounds but superstitions are rampant in this sport and I, for one, rarely share what I think will or should happen in a series simply because I don't want to jinx anything. I'll leave it to the teams to decide their fate on the ice and talk about it afterwards (hopefully celebrating as opposed to lamenting ).

Comment

We need a big weekend after last weekend... Time to kick off the home stand the right way!
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

The Huskies are still miffed about a late no-call in the Houghton series last December. You can find it at the 2:00 mark in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7f3Jy3LeWw

That goal gave BGSU a tie and a 2 point swing in the standings - which at the end of the season resulted in Tech having to go to Ohio instead of staying home to host the Falcons. And since BG swept that series to end the season for the Huskies, there's been a lot of pent-up anger that you'd think will be coming out this weekend.

Is that enough to win a game/series? I guess we'll know on Saturday, just before the Bridge closes

Comment

Coach Bergeron believes that there is a bit of a rivalry developing simply based on the number of times we met last year. Hopefully it's a two sided rivalry and BG is ready for a war.

No-calls happen all of the time. That 2 point swing wasn't the only reason the MTU had to make the trip to BG for the playoffs . Besides, you got your revenge for that one by sweeping us at our place. Getting swept in the playoffs, however, is another story. Right now I'm hanging my hat on the fact that we've played better on the road this year than we have at home (5-2-1 at home, 8-1-2 away). The gravity of what this game means to the overall picture of our position in the league as well as the NCAA playoffs should be more than enough motivation for the team. We shall see....

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                      Coach Bergeron believes that there is a bit of a rivalry developing simply based on the number of times we met last year. ..
                      Let's not forget Bowling Green won the Houghton based Cup three times in the 1980's when MTU played in the CCHA.

Comment

I hope the reffing is fair to everyone. The last thing I want is for the game to be decided based on some non existent penalty or some player running his mouth. And it is the biggest series of the year so far for both teams, though Tech has to play at Mankato near the end of the year, and it appears the BG has a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way.
                        Last edited by manurespreader; 01-16-2015, 10:22 AM.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
                          Let's not forget Bowling Green won the Houghton based Cup three times in the 1980's when MTU played in the CCHA.
                          That MIGHT have meaning to fans that were watching back then but it's doubtful. Trying to impress that on the minds of 20 something year old players as a basis for revenge would be fruitless. Besides, I think they have enough reasons that are still fresh on their minds to be ready for tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I hope the reffing is fair to everyone. The last thing I want is for the game to be decided based on some non existent penalty or some player running his mouth. And it is the biggest series of the year so far for both teams, though Tech has to play at Mankato near the end of the year, and it appears the BG has a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way.
                            Agreed. This series is huge.

We still have 2 games in hand on MTU and 4 on MSU so we can still move up but I'd rather not have to rely on that fact. We need to take care of business now and keep moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                              That MIGHT have meaning to fans that were watching back then but it's doubtful. Trying to impress that on the minds of 20 something year old players as a basis for revenge would be fruitless. Besides, I think they have enough reasons that are still fresh on their minds to be ready for tonight.
                              It does both of those teams are fighting for that same trophy for first place today.

Comment

Working...
                              X