PDA

View Full Version : Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/16, 1/17)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

rvd5star69
01-17-2015, 10:07 AM
This will unfortunately be the case.

Not sure why we schedule so many games At home whe. Students are away

FlagDUDE08
01-17-2015, 10:58 AM

That's league scheduling; we don't have too much control over that. If you want to complain about Miami, so be it. I'm more concerned about the fact that, since I graduated, they moved the start date for students back a week.

Rainman
01-17-2015, 11:04 AM
That's league scheduling; we don't have too much control over that. If you want to complain about Miami, so be it. I'm more concerned about the fact that, since I graduated, they moved the start date for students back a week.

And since I graduated from Colgate, they give their students a full week off at Thanksgiving now, which mildly annoys me. Even worse, this year we played two league contests the weekend before Thanksgiving, and not only were they played in front of a half-empty Starr Rink, they were our last 2 home games until next weekend!

In other news, I just wanted to give two thumbs up to RPITV for their excellent broadcast of last night's game, even though my team was on the wrong side of the final score. Not only was it an HD broadcast without any interruptions, but I really appreciated the option of choosing between the "home" and "away" audio feeds. Good luck tonight against Cornell.

lugnut92
01-17-2015, 11:28 AM

In past years, the band would have definitely tried to cobble together enough students and local alumni to make a respectable showing. Since none of the three officers or even asst. conductors are back in town, however, they didn't even try to have a band this weekend. Make of that what you will.

DavidSec17
01-17-2015, 01:20 PM
In past years, the band would have definitely tried to cobble together enough students and local alumni to make a respectable showing. Since none of the three officers or even asst. conductors are back in town, however, they didn't even try to have a band this weekend. Make of that what you will.

Although last night, there was a small ensemble of a French Horn and a Saxophone.:)

FlagDUDE08
01-17-2015, 04:16 PM

I thought one of the rules of the band was that one of the conductors had to live locally?

Kepler
01-17-2015, 04:35 PM
It was mentioned on tonight's Cornell-Union scores thread that Cornell's band was at the game. If they stick around the Capital District for tomorrow night - and I don't know why they wouldn't - it will be kind of weird watching a game from Houston Field House where the other team's band will be present and RPI's will not.

There's a discussion about this over at eLynah. tl;dr: Cornell's classes resume a week earlier than RPI's, so it is less onerous for the Cornell band to go. Just one of those things; IIRC it has happened to us at Lynah, too. It does suck when it happens, though.

It's an excellent opportunity for the crowd to critique the band. ;)

FlagDUDE08
01-17-2015, 06:03 PM
And since it's a televised game, a great way for RPI to get embarrassed.

DrDemento
01-17-2015, 06:25 PM
And since it's a televised game, a great way for RPI to get embarrassed.
My mind fails me at times-how do we do in games that have multiple TV time outs? It seems to me that those games play out very differently as it allows coaches to keep certain lines and match ups out there more often. Would that benefit the home team? Perhaps, if a coach knew how to take advantage of all those extra rest sessions.

FlagDUDE08
01-17-2015, 06:49 PM
My mind fails me at times-how do we do in games that have multiple TV time outs? It seems to me that those games play out very differently as it allows coaches to keep certain lines and match ups out there more often. Would that benefit the home team? Perhaps, if a coach knew how to take advantage of all those extra rest sessions.

I can't remember all of the games that were televised, so I wouldn't be able to answer that. As far as I can recall, though, our television record is not very good at all.

DrDemento
01-17-2015, 09:33 PM
I can't remember all of the games that were televised, so I wouldn't be able to answer that. As far as I can recall, though, our television record is not very good at all.

That is what i seem to recall. I am not sure if it even matters if we play these games at home or not. I suspect thos etime outs favor teams that have a truly big potent line that they can keep sending out there.

jstadts
01-17-2015, 09:56 PM
Excellent weekend for RPI. Worked hard in all three zones,opportunistic offensively and most importantly Kasdorf was excellent.