Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/16, 1/17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/16, 1/17)

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I noticed the Youtube live stream for the game is also available. Perhaps what they will be doing, similar to Freakout in the past couple of years, is providing the production truck to send the feed to TWC, while using RPI-TV's video feed and announcers, thereby saving money on crew cost.
    From what I've heard there will be two separate productions. It's going to be tight up in the press box!
    RPI Class of 2012
    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      We're putting so few quality shots on net that we might still get shut out in a sieve-fest...

How's RPI's team speed? I've noticed that when we play somebody very, very slow we almost resemble a hockey team. We still can't actually score but we do novel things like pass and bring the puck into the offensive zone.

When we play somebody only very slow, we look like this guy.
      We have some forwards with good speed (notably Nanne and Melanson) and some that don't.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        We have some forwards with good speed (notably Nanne and Melanson) and some that don't.
        I would add the word 'very' inserted before good, for those 2. Decent speed in others, but Melanson and Nanne just seem to be a step quicker anytime they are on the ice no matter what line they are up against.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          We're putting so few quality shots on net that we might still get shut out in a sieve-fest...

How's RPI's team speed? I've noticed that when we play somebody very, very slow we almost resemble a hockey team. We still can't actually score but we do novel things like pass and bring the puck into the offensive zone.

When we play somebody only very slow, we look like this guy.
          What we have not had, and still do not seem to have, are finishers. We seem to find more ways to shoot wide, high, into blockers, etc. When we deflect shots, they go wide, high and into blockers, etc. We also seem to have trouble playing a full 60 minutes with concentration. We have had games where we played well for 55 minutes-but in those brief 5 minutes looked like someone slipped us some form of a barbiturate and we are just not there for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            but in those brief 5 minutes looked like someone slipped us some form of a barbiturate and we are just not there for a while.
            Well, the 2002 Commencement speaker was Bill Cosby.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Friday night's games go to RPI and Cornell, who will meet in Troy Saturday night to see if one or the other can have a four-point weekend.

It was mentioned on tonight's Cornell-Union scores thread that Cornell's band was at the game. If they stick around the Capital District for tomorrow night - and I don't know why they wouldn't - it will be kind of weird watching a game from Houston Field House where the other team's band will be present and RPI's will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                It was mentioned on tonight's Cornell-Union scores thread that Cornell's band was at the game. If they stick around the Capital District for tomorrow night - and I don't know why they wouldn't - it will be kind of weird watching a game from Houston Field House where the other team's band will be present and RPI's will not.
                That really sucks.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  Well, the 2002 Commencement speaker was Bill Cosby.
                  I see what you did there. Nicely done

Comment

With 6 league losses already on our record-we need minimum of a tie and of course if possible a win. We have played more games in the league than most and although still listed as around 3rd, as other teams catch up with us over the next two weeks as we only play 1 ECAC league game, we will be falling some in the standings. For tomorrow-same as tonight, score first, score frequently, stay out of the box, and avoid those lapses where we look totally out of sync for a few minutes. Although we still made far too many defensive errors tonight, we overall kept up the intensity and forced pucks out of the zone that would otherwise have been pushed in deeper. The boys should feel a bit more confident after 2 consecutive wins, but there is still a lot of work to do to gain that consistency we will need for the last 10 league games.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      Friday night's games go to RPI and Cornell, who will meet in Troy Saturday night to see if one or the other can have a four-point weekend.

This will unfortunately be the case.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        This will unfortunately be the case.
                        Not sure why we schedule so many games At home whe. Students are away
                        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                          That's league scheduling; we don't have too much control over that. If you want to complain about Miami, so be it. I'm more concerned about the fact that, since I graduated, they moved the start date for students back a week.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            That's league scheduling; we don't have too much control over that. If you want to complain about Miami, so be it. I'm more concerned about the fact that, since I graduated, they moved the start date for students back a week.
                            And since I graduated from Colgate, they give their students a full week off at Thanksgiving now, which mildly annoys me. Even worse, this year we played two league contests the weekend before Thanksgiving, and not only were they played in front of a half-empty Starr Rink, they were our last 2 home games until next weekend!

In other news, I just wanted to give two thumbs up to RPITV for their excellent broadcast of last night's game, even though my team was on the wrong side of the final score. Not only was it an HD broadcast without any interruptions, but I really appreciated the option of choosing between the "home" and "away" audio feeds. Good luck tonight against Cornell.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                              In past years, the band would have definitely tried to cobble together enough students and local alumni to make a respectable showing. Since none of the three officers or even asst. conductors are back in town, however, they didn't even try to have a band this weekend. Make of that what you will.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                In past years, the band would have definitely tried to cobble together enough students and local alumni to make a respectable showing. Since none of the three officers or even asst. conductors are back in town, however, they didn't even try to have a band this weekend. Make of that what you will.
                                Although last night, there was a small ensemble of a French Horn and a Saxophone.

Comment

Working...
                                X