PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Alert out west

Pages : [1] 2

4four4
01-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Rumor has it the WCHA and the new league are in early talks of merging the two conferences. Both conferences are not happy with the way things have turned out and things may change in one to three years.

mcfarljd
01-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Rumor has it the WCHA and the new league are in early talks of merging the two conferences. Both conferences are not happy with the way things have turned out and things may change in one to three years.

The big wcha 10. Might as well

Biddco
01-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Well that is certainly an interesting rumor of ANOTHER SUPER LEAGUE. How would a merger look? Why would you combined?

burd
01-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Not going to happen. Why would all the 18 teams want to be under one roof?

Wouldn't you want to be aligned with the most followed college hockey program in the Milky Way?

4four4
01-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Well that is certainly an interesting rumor of ANOTHER SUPER LEAGUE. How would a merger look? Why would you combined?

I asked all the same questions. Who knows but there is some chatter going on and maybe ASU has something to do with this talk.

cetihcra
01-07-2015, 06:36 PM
I asked all the same questions. Who knows but there is some chatter going on and maybe ASU has something to do with this talk.

Able to expose your source?

r

aparch
01-07-2015, 06:37 PM

Of course, the NCHC doesn't want free loaders like Colorado College and Western Michigan anymore. They're not "like minded" enough for the other institutions. So North Dakota, Denver, UNO, SCSU, tUMD, and Miami will form a super conference, and they'll take Ferris State, Mankato, Bowling Green, and Arizona State.

MTU, with their new found winning record will make a case for themselves and petition to join Hockey East.

NMU, LSSU, UAF, UAA, UAH, and NCHC castoffs WMU and CC will make up the remainder of the New New WCHA.

darker98
01-07-2015, 06:52 PM
I wonder how they's split the 2 eight team divisions?

cetihcra
01-07-2015, 07:01 PM
I wonder how they's split the 2 eight team divisions?

Switch anchorage for Miami, and Bemidji for Western, else it's NCHC & nWCHA.

I vote we make it a relegation system. That'd be so much fun!

r

Critical Thinker
01-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Western National Hockey Conference Association:

East Division

BGSU
Ferris
LSSU
NMU
MTU
UAH
MSU
Bemidji
UAF
UAA

West Division

Arizona St
CC
Denver
NoDak
SCSU
UNO
UMD
WMU
Miami

darker98
01-07-2015, 07:08 PM
This is a Big 6 and nWcha merger. Would it even out as 1 division is teams with a NC$$ Championship and the other without?

WeAreNDHockey
01-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Back in the late 1970s, Don Canham, Michigan's AD, floated an idea to merge the WCHA and the fairly new CCHA. UM was tired of the travel costs associated with much of the WCHA by then. He enlisted the aid of the Notre Dame AD Moose Krause. He knew Notre Dame was having series issues with costs associated with their hockey program, much of it stemming from a pressing need to make changes to comply with TITLE IX. Notre Dame had only become co-ed a couple of years earlier. Notre Dame was somewhat responsive to the idea, but most of the schools in the WCHA were not. This is what led eventually to Michigan and Notre Dame (and they were soon followed by Michigan Tech and Michigan State) to the CCHA. Notre Dame and Michigan announced the move to the CCHA in May of 1980, and Tech and MSU followed suit a month later. Moose Krause was all for the move, as he was counting beans as much as anything, but Irish Hockey coach Lefty Smith was against the idea, derisively referring to the CCHA as a "bus league." Canham famously dissed the WCHA in his remarks, noting that by playing Ohio State, Yost would be filled, whereas they couldn't draw flies playing Denver.

Chuck Schwartz
01-07-2015, 07:09 PM

I was going to call you crazy but then I realized you promote my twitter handle in your signature. Now I think you're probably the smartest person posting on this board.

darker98
01-07-2015, 07:13 PM
I was going to call you crazy but then I realized you promote my twitter handle in your signature. Now I think you're probably the smartest person posting on this board.

He is a genius.

Goon
01-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Who's floating this rumor around? Is there a link?

darker98
01-07-2015, 07:54 PM

For real Goon?

cetihcra
01-07-2015, 07:55 PM

My question reworded.

I also hear that DU is folding hockey, and becoming the pilot program for the new NCAA Indoor Lacrosse League. That's just what I heard, I won't divulge my sources. :D

r

Goon
01-07-2015, 07:57 PM
For real Goon?

The College Hockey is dying started almost immediately after the NCHC kicked off it's first season. I would highly doubt that it's going to happen.

Goon
01-07-2015, 07:58 PM
My question reworded.

I also hear that DU is folding hockey, and becoming the pilot program for the new NCAA Indoor Lacrosse League. That's just what I heard, I won't divulge my sources. :D

r

Actually, indoor Lacrosse is awesome. I think UND should get a team.

Terry Switzer
01-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Get rid of big ten, bring back the CCHA.