Rumor Alert out west

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor Alert out west

Rumor has it the WCHA and the new league are in early talks of merging the two conferences. Both conferences are not happy with the way things have turned out and things may change in one to three years.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Rumor has it the WCHA and the new league are in early talks of merging the two conferences. Both conferences are not happy with the way things have turned out and things may change in one to three years.
    The big wcha 10. Might as well

Comment

Re: Rumor Alert out west

Well that is certainly an interesting rumor of ANOTHER SUPER LEAGUE. How would a merger look? Why would you combined?
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan
        Not going to happen. Why would all the 18 teams want to be under one roof?
        Wouldn't you want to be aligned with the most followed college hockey program in the Milky Way?

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Well that is certainly an interesting rumor of ANOTHER SUPER LEAGUE. How would a merger look? Why would you combined?
          I asked all the same questions. Who knows but there is some chatter going on and maybe ASU has something to do with this talk.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I asked all the same questions. Who knows but there is some chatter going on and maybe ASU has something to do with this talk.
            Able to expose your source?

r

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Of course, the NCHC doesn't want free loaders like Colorado College and Western Michigan anymore. They're not "like minded" enough for the other institutions. So North Dakota, Denver, UNO, SCSU, tUMD, and Miami will form a super conference, and they'll take Ferris State, Mankato, Bowling Green, and Arizona State.

MTU, with their new found winning record will make a case for themselves and petition to join Hockey East.

NMU, LSSU, UAF, UAA, UAH, and NCHC castoffs WMU and CC will make up the remainder of the New New WCHA.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I wonder how they's split the 2 eight team divisions?
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                  I wonder how they's split the 2 eight team divisions?
                  Switch anchorage for Miami, and Bemidji for Western, else it's NCHC & nWCHA.

I vote we make it a relegation system. That'd be so much fun!

r

Comment

Western National Hockey Conference Association:

East Division

BGSU
                    Ferris
                    LSSU
                    NMU
                    MTU
                    UAH
                    MSU
                    Bemidji
                    UAF
                    UAA

West Division

Arizona St
                    CC
                    Denver
                    NoDak
                    SCSU
                    UNO
                    UMD
                    WMU
                    Miami
                    Last edited by Critical Thinker; 01-07-2015, 06:12 PM. Reason: typo, thanks florida cat
                    BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

This is a Big 6 and nWcha merger. Would it even out as 1 division is teams with a NC$$ Championship and the other without?

Comment

Back in the late 1970s, Don Canham, Michigan's AD, floated an idea to merge the WCHA and the fairly new CCHA. UM was tired of the travel costs associated with much of the WCHA by then. He enlisted the aid of the Notre Dame AD Moose Krause. He knew Notre Dame was having series issues with costs associated with their hockey program, much of it stemming from a pressing need to make changes to comply with TITLE IX. Notre Dame had only become co-ed a couple of years earlier. Notre Dame was somewhat responsive to the idea, but most of the schools in the WCHA were not. This is what led eventually to Michigan and Notre Dame (and they were soon followed by Michigan Tech and Michigan State) to the CCHA. Notre Dame and Michigan announced the move to the CCHA in May of 1980, and Tech and MSU followed suit a month later. Moose Krause was all for the move, as he was counting beans as much as anything, but Irish Hockey coach Lefty Smith was against the idea, derisively referring to the CCHA as a "bus league." Canham famously dissed the WCHA in his remarks, noting that by playing Ohio State, Yost would be filled, whereas they couldn't draw flies playing Denver.

Comment

I was going to call you crazy but then I realized you promote my twitter handle in your signature. Now I think you're probably the smartest person posting on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            I was going to call you crazy but then I realized you promote my twitter handle in your signature. Now I think you're probably the smartest person posting on this board.
                            He is a genius.

Comment

Who's floating this rumor around? Is there a link?
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                              X