GO Pioneers GO!
    GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      Go RedHawks?
      Cawwwwwwww!!!!

Comment

• Re: All Things Denver, XXX1X

sorry, haven't checked, but are these games on TV? Go DU! Great to see our players honored with the awards. Well deserved!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
          Holy ****!!! Is anyone else seeing parallels with the 2004 championship team? And to a certain degree the 2005 team?
          No, I am not seeing parallels. The 2003-2004 team had Adam Berkhoel in goal. I see neither Cowley nor Jaillet this year being as good as Berkhoel was in the 2003-2004 season. Berkhoel had seven shutouts that season while this year's tandem has four.

The 2004-2005 team had freshman Peter Mannino in goal. Again, I see neither of this year's goalies playing as well as Mannino did then. Mannino had five shutouts as compared to the current tandem having four. A freshman goalie helping his team win an NCAA title is a remarkable achievement.

The 2003-2004 team had 8 players score 10 or more goals. The 2004-2005 team had 8 players score 10 or more goals. This year's team has 6 players who have scored 10 or more goals.

Fifteen players on the 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 teams scored 10 or more points. On the current team eleven players have scored 10 or more points. There's less scoring depth on this team than the earlier squads.

The 2004-2005 team had 5 players score more than 40 points with one--Gabe Gauthier--scoring 57. The current team has two players--Heinen and Moore--who have scored 40 or more points. LaLeggia may make it three players, but there will not be five players hitting the 40 point plateau. Heinen needs a robust thirteen additional playoff points merely to tie Gauthier's scoring toal from 2004-2005. I hope Heinen does it, but I'm not anticipating he will.

I think the current team has played and is playing well. Apart from the first period in each of last weekend's series against Duluth, I thought the Pioneers played in impressive fashion. In the hypothetical exercise of comparing apples and oranges--that is the 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 teams with the current team--I think both the earlier teams are superior to the current squad. Nevertheless, I feel the current team is in a strong position to do well in the NCHC event this weekend and the NCAA event beginning next week.
          Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 03-20-2015, 01:35 PM.
          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
            sorry, haven't checked, but are these games on TV? Go DU! Great to see our players honored with the awards. Well deserved!
            CBS Sports, DirecTV 221, Dish 158.

r

Comment

Hard to get super excited when I can't even watch the game...

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                Hard to get super excited when I can't even watch the game...
                You can listen to STICKNEY
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  Good chance one of the CC games will be an outdoor game in February.
                  It's a golden opportunity for Denver and the NCHC to get some big exposure. Given CC's status, I'd rather see North Dakota play DU for it. They would draw many more fans, plus those same people would buy tickets for Detroit-Colorado too. But hey - what's this about the Spartans coming in??? Oh Hail Yeah...... my wife's family is all U of M and MSU...I've been waiting since 2001 to get a crack at either of those teams at Magness. COME ON SPARTY, come to Colorado for a mile high butt kicking!!!! PLEEEEASSSSE!!!!
                  I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Predicted team wearing shade of red would win--just wrong shade of red.
                    Seriously,,even matched teams--knew it would be a good game--just wrong result.

Oh boy,☻we get to play the sioux tomorrow.
                    Last edited by vizoroo; 03-20-2015, 10:38 PM.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

After tonight's game, I have no trust in Cowley. Going to have to go with the Freshman Jaillet in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riz View Post
                        After tonight's game, I have no trust in Cowley. Going to have to go with the Freshman Jaillet in the NCAA tournament.
                        If we win on Saturday and BU LOSES,we stand good chance of being #1 seed. Might need a MINNY St win or Miami loss

Good chance no matter what, seeds 5-8 will all be from west which means 2 flights. All #4 seeds will be from the East which means 2 flights
                        Last edited by thedunker; 03-21-2015, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                          If we win on Saturday and BU LOSES,we stand good chance of being #1 seed. Might need a MINNY St win or Miami loss

Good chance no matter what, seeds 5-8 will all be from west which means 2 flights. All #4 seeds will be from the East which means 2 flights
                          I'd rather be a #2 seed in South Bend with Mankato or Mich Tech than as the #1 seed than out east somewhere with us as the #1 seed with a possibility of playing Boston College, Providence, Umass-Lowell, etc. playing virtually a home game. DENVER NEVER plays well on the east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                            No, I am not seeing parallels. The 2003-2004 team had Adam Berkhoel in goal. I see neither Cowley nor Jaillet this year being as good as Berkhoel was in the 2003-2004 season. Berkhoel had seven shutouts that season while this year's tandem has four.

The 2004-2005 team had freshman Peter Mannino in goal. Again, I see neither of this year's goalies playing as well as Mannino did then. Mannino had five shutouts as compared to the current tandem having four. A freshman goalie helping his team win an NCAA title is a remarkable achievement.

The 2003-2004 team had 8 players score 10 or more goals. The 2004-2005 team had 8 players score 10 or more goals. This year's team has 6 players who have scored 10 or more goals.

Fifteen players on the 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 teams scored 10 or more points. On the current team eleven players have scored 10 or more points. There's less scoring depth on this team than the earlier squads.

The 2004-2005 team had 5 players score more than 40 points with one--Gabe Gauthier--scoring 57. The current team has two players--Heinen and Moore--who have scored 40 or more points. LaLeggia may make it three players, but there will not be five players hitting the 40 point plateau. Heinen needs a robust thirteen additional playoff points merely to tie Gauthier's scoring toal from 2004-2005. I hope Heinen does it, but I'm not anticipating he will.

I think the current team has played and is playing well. Apart from the first period in each of last weekend's series against Duluth, I thought the Pioneers played in impressive fashion. In the hypothetical exercise of comparing apples and oranges--that is the 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 teams with the current team--I think both the earlier teams are superior to the current squad. Nevertheless, I feel the current team is in a strong position to do well in the NCHC event this weekend and the NCAA event beginning next week.
                            I've been a season ticket holder/DU fan since 2006 so I can't speak from personal experience about the championship teams. I did see Peter M play for three years. I agree with your assessment of the current team being weaker in terms of goal tending. I think we're at about 2.3 goals a game. You really want to be at or below 2. Given the strength of our D that would be attainable with a rock solid goalie. I think this team is a two seed with about a 1/4 chance to make it to Boston (which is way better than I imagined back in the Fall). So much of it is where you land in the bracket and how you play next weekend. My hope is that they'll break through the first round curse we're under. DU has been to the dance 8 straight years and dropped the first game 7/8. Let's just win the first game!

I worry about playing a 3rd place game in that you increase the risk of injury and you run kids who are already hurt, harder.

Miami is a really good team when their forwards are humming (which they were tonight). They make you pay for mistakes and you pay quickly! If they can stay focused they'll be in Boston. I thought David Carle's comments about us not sticking to the game plan were very informative tonight. He talked about how our offensive strength is being able to get down low-past the D and work for/create open space. I've been watching it gel in the second half. The first line is amazing at it but the fourth was turning it on down the home stretch too. Levin, Loney and Romig are also adept at it. When you think about it this is one of Monty's key systems and uses the offensive D guys to increase the effectiveness. Super fun to watch.
                            Last edited by MagnessMan; 03-21-2015, 12:46 AM.
                            Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                              I'm sticking with my answer from earlier in the week. They will continue with the rotation.
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

• Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                                I'm sticking with my answer from earlier in the week. They will continue with the rotation.
                                I don't think so. Monty has leaned with Tanner lately and after this showing by Cowley, I bet he goes with Tanner the rest of the reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X