• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
    Lacrosse final:

North Carolina 12
    Denver 10
    Sh1tty game. Frosh FOGO had his first bad game, double digit turnovers, and poor ground ball recovery sunk them. Laplante kept them in the game, but they need to tighten it up. Another big test next week against Notre Dame!

r

Comment

• Re: All Things Denver, XXX1X

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
      Sh1tty game. Frosh FOGO had his first bad game, double digit turnovers, and poor ground ball recovery sunk them. Laplante kept them in the game, but they need to tighten it up. Another big test next week against Notre Dame!

r
      Glad to have another tough test to follow up a disappointing game, should be a good indicator of how good this team really is. Laplante made some spectacular saves, but he's the senior leader and can't be getting penalties at that point in the game.

While the defense needs some work stopping runs, great article about the offense from earlier today: http://www.laxmagazine.com/college_m...ers_matt_brown
      University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
      Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Tonight Ducks-vs-Kings
        Ducks' announcers spoke frequently about Denver born, hometown player for University of Denver, new King, Drew Shore.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

DU falls one spot to 8th in PWR and is tied with Duluth for 4th in NCHC. Huge game tonight and a must win to try to gain home ice in playoffs.

I would think Cowley gets the start but you never know.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Miami's performance in the first period last night was the best hockey I've seen any team play in Magness Arena this season. The Redhawks were impressively quick and their skating speed as a team was dazzling. Miami's relentless forechecking created massive problems for Denver defensemen as the 'D' tried to initiative a first pass to break out of their defensive zone. The Miami forwards threw some jarring bodychecks in all three zones. Forward Riley Barber's shot in the final minute of the period hit the mesh in back of Tanner Jaillet before the Denver goalie realized the shot had beaten him. The Pioneers were most fortunate to head to the locker room trailing by a mere two goals. Denver will need a vastly improved effort tonight if it hopes to gain a split in the series. That first twenty minutes of play by Miami makes me think next weekend's Miami-NoDak series will be a terrific matchup. Good luck to Denver this evening as I think the Pioneers will need some bounces to go their way to author a victory. It will be nice to see Zac Larraza return to the lineup.
            Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 02-28-2015, 07:20 PM.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Crappy day yesterday for DU sports. Lacrosse team seemed to be cruising early on, and then 3 or 4 goal swing changed the game. I heard so much about DU emphasizing the lay up and slam dunk goals, but that didn't really pan out yesterday. I wonder whether the travel headaches and not being able to have a real practice before the game impacted things. Also disappointed in the face off guy--weird for him to go from 70-80% win percentage to what we saw yesterday. Hockey--what can you say, Miami was just better in pretty much all phases of the game. Hopefully we'll get a better result and come out of the gate strong for the first goal--having to play catch up all night last night didn't help matters. I'm not sure whether having Larazza play last night would have changed the result, but perhaps that ill-advised hit against CC had some repercussions for the team. Would love to see Zac with an inspired game tonight.

Comment

Last regular season home game

So far:
                3 20 game-winning seasons
                3 NCAA tournaments
                First NCHC Tourament Champions

Class of 2015
                (Points)

Joey LaLeggia--125
                Ty Loney--82
                Matt Tabrum--26
                Daniel Doremus--81
                Josiah Didier--26
                Zac Larraza--64
                Larkin Jacobson--16

Beat Miami!
                Bring home the playoffs!
                Last edited by vizoroo; 02-28-2015, 03:29 PM.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Cowley in net tonight

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    Last regular season home game

So far:
                    3 20 game-winning seasons
                    3 NCAA tournaments
                    First NCHC Tourament Champions

Class of 2015
                    (Points)

Joey LaLeggia--125
                    Ty Loney--82
                    Matt Tabrum--26
                    Daniel Doremus--81
                    Josiah Didier--26
                    Zac Larraza--64
                    Larkin Jacobson--16

Beat Miami!
                    Bring home the playoffs!
                    This class started off with 9 players and had 2 pretty good players leave early: Scott Mayfield and Juho Olkinoura.

Comment

First Star: Trevor Moore (Denver)
                      Second Star: Danton Heinen (Denver)
                      Third Star: Joey LaLeggia (Denver)
                      COLLEGEHOCKEYSTATS.NET
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

There wasn't much change in positioning in the PWR this weekend. Here's a look at the top eight teams in the PWR as the weekend's game began and where those teams stand after last night's results.

1. Minnesota State began the weekend at #1 and slipped to #2.
                        2. North Dakota began the weekend at #2 and rose to #1.
                        3. Minnesota-Duluth began and ended the weekend at #3.
                        4. Miami began and ended the weekend at #4.
                        5. Michigan Tech began the weekend at #5, but fell to #7.
                        6. B.U. began and ended the weekend at #6.
                        7. Denver began the weekend at #7 and fell to #8.
                        8. Neb-O began the weekend at #8 and jumped all the way to#5 as it posted the biggest jump among teams in the top eight.

The eight teams which began the weekend in the top eight of the PWR ended in the top eight of the PWR.

Comment

Trevor Moore (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) has been named the conference’s Offensive Player of the Week for the first time this season. (It's about time!)
                          Danton Heinen (Langley, British Columbia) has been named the conference’s Rookie of the Week. This is the fourth time this season that Heinen has won this award; he also earned NCHC Offensive Player of the Week honors last Monday.

Each with 2G-4A-6P!
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 03-02-2015, 04:12 PM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Trevor Moore (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) has been named the conference’s Offensive Player of the Week for the first time this season. (It's about time!)
                            Danton Heinen (Langley, British Columbia) has been named the conference’s Rookie of the Week. This is the fourth time this season that Heinen has won this award; he also earned NCHC Offensive Player of the Week honors last Monday.

Each with 2G-4A-6P!
                            I'm surprised that this is the first time that Moore got the award.

Heinen--one of the most impressive DU freshmen since I have been watching DU hockey. His freshman season is up there with Bozak and Zucker's 1st seasons at DU. The guy has impressive vision and great hockey sense.

Comment

An update on DU Athletic Director Peg Bradley-Doppes. PBD was returning to work today for the first time since January. She's been recovery from fusion surgery to both her neck and back. She is still facing the prospect of having to have replacement surgery for a knee and a hip at some point in the not too distant future. She has gone through some difficult times and I wish her improved health in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                                I'm surprised that this is the first time that Moore got the award.

Heinen--one of the most impressive DU freshmen since I have been watching DU hockey. His freshman season is up there with Bozak and Zucker's 1st seasons at DU. The guy has impressive vision and great hockey sense.
                                And insane hands, I'm not sure DU has had a guy with hands like his since I've been following (2001 or so)

Really hope he sticks around for two more seasons.

r

Comment

Working...
                                X