Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver, XXX1X

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    hold down "Alt" and hit "32" on keypad for spaces w/o spacebar.
    that works!
    thank you
    GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
      Hello? Anyone alive?
      Barely. ..
      Originally posted by vizoroo
      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
      Originally posted by duper
      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
      Originally posted by dggoddard
      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
        C

And Vizoroo, what is up with the periods after every word? It makes for a very halting speaking style if you read it out!
        Oh my God I was going to ask the same thing!!!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Anyone going to the Springs on Friday night?
          Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
            Unless we have some kind of crazy blizzard I plan to make the long 5 mile trek from my house.
            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
              I'll be there. Should be good times. Might be a treacherous drive back to the city, it's supposed to start raining during the afternoon, then switch over to snow around 10 or 11 that night. Oh well!

r

Comment

• Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                But Gwoz still rules. I miss the guy.
                Good for you. Why? Seriously...Why?

As far as I am concerned, everything is waaaay better nowadays around the program. But maybe Pablo has insight! Hmmmm...I always find Pablo's knowledge, uh, fascinating.

I have heard rumblings that he may be looking at coming back to NCAA after this season. For what it is worth, it's just rink chatter. Connected chatter but still...

Comment

Oh, Chris...You are a cad. Do you really need an explanation as to why Gwoz is missed? Perhaps 2 national titles, fifteen 20-win seasons, and an impeccable representation of DU are statistics, which you don't care for? Bring Serratore back, he was the man!! I kid. But really, you don't understand why Gwoz is missed??? Montgomery is great (lest you claim 10 years from now that I'm bashing Monty)...but he's no Gwoz.

Comment

Monty may not have 2 NCs.....yet. But I love his style of play: gritty, tough, swarming. More of an emphasis on blue collar work ethic than blue chip stars who leave after one or two years. Gwoz is surely a tough act to follow, but I'm extremely happy with what I've seen so far from Montgomery. I have a feeling that this year it won't be "one and done" for DU in the postseason, as it was for the last few Gwoz years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirvin View Post
                      Monty may not have 2 NCs.....yet. But I love his style of play: gritty, tough, swarming. More of an emphasis on blue collar work ethic than blue chip stars who leave after one or two years. Gwoz is surely a tough act to follow, but I'm extremely happy with what I've seen so far from Montgomery. I have a feeling that this year it won't be "one and done" for DU in the postseason, as it was for the last few Gwoz years.
                      I like the style of play, too. There have been some times where I have just stood back and admired the work ethic the players have shown. Players seem to have bought into what he is doing this year, more than they did last year. And that will really pay dividends once we get a steady flow of talented players that do stick around for 3 or 4 years.

Yeah, I too was frustrated with the one and done. For sure. But Gwoz is already a legend in DU hockey up there with Armstrong. Hopefully Monty will get to that level, too. It's a good start, but it doesn't mean I can't miss the great things that Gwoz brought to the table..and to the rafters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dmann
                        Oh my God Chris, it's posts like this one that makes us hesitant to express our opinions. Aren't we all entitled to our own points of view? Dubbie33 asked where everyone is with the CC game coming up. It's negative posts like yours, BigBossMan and others that have made our precious "All Things Denver" thread almost die. Remember Puck Swami?, DG Goddard? Why do you think they have become silent? Aren't we all on the same team? Come on man!!!
                        Trust me...I contribute more to DU hockey, more of my time, more of everything, that I do NOT need to see uneducated BS that degrades the current program for no reason....

And, I have congenial conversation with Swami when I see him and with DG when he happens to attend...jus sayin...

Anyway, dmann, what do you bring to the knowledge table? Bump? What else?
                        Last edited by Chris; 02-19-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

As Rodney King said, while they were beating the crap out of him, "Why can't we all just get along!"

Comment

• Originally posted by cetihcra
                            Seriously, Chris, fock. You and I have met, several times, and I will say that Pablo's opinions (opinions!) are not off-base. Also, I've played hockey since I was 4, including college puck, and while I don't have the inherited connections to DU that you do, I have been a season ticket holder for over a decade. I promise you that I can skate better than you. And until you're out there playing, just stop. We'll grab a smoke in between periods, because that's what we do. Say hi, you know who I am.

r
                            OK...not sure that I know you, though maybe I do (I really don't know)...I don't actually smoke, just saying. That is nice that you are such a great skater. Am I not allowed an opinion as well? (Differing opinions!)

You sure do seem to have a ton of assumptions about someone that (IF we have met) you just may (or may not) know. Somehow I offended you without ever, I don't think, engaging you.

If you truly knew me, you surely would know that I jest.

Anyhow, I do know Pablo and if in jest I made him cry or something, I then apologize. I do, however, think it is lame to beat the dead horse that is Gwoz anything as most everyone has turned that page.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              OK...not sure that I know you, though maybe I do (I really don't know)...I don't actually smoke, just saying. That is nice that you are such a great skater. Am I not allowed an opinion as well? (Differing opinions!)

You sure do seem to have a ton of assumptions about someone that (IF we have met) you just may (or may not) know. Somehow I offended you without ever, I don't think, engaging you.

If you truly knew me, you surely would know that I jest.

Anyhow, I do know Pablo and if in jest I made him cry or something, I then apologize. I do, however, think it is lame to beat the dead horse that is Gwoz anything as most everyone has turned that page.
                              Wow. You guys are all having baby fits and getting upset about old coaches / coaching changes. You are all worse than the CC fans over on the Kiss and Cry Board...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirvin View Post
                                As Rodney King said, while they were beating the crap out of him, "Why can't we all just get along!"
                                Now is the time to beat the crap out of the tiggies!
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X