Minnesota @ Michigan: 1/9 & 1/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Michigan: 1/9 & 1/10

Minnesota travels to Michigan to take on the Wolverines this weekend, Friday game is on the BTN at 5:30pm central and Saturday is on FSN (and FSD) at 3pm central.

Michigan is coming off 2 wins at the GLI over Michigan Tech and Michigan State, Minnesota is coming off a loss and a win at the Mariucci Classic against Merrimack and RIT.

We both will have our world junior players back in the lineup.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan: 1/9 & 1/10

Odd game times.

I'll bet that many fans will be late Friday, as it's an hour earlier than normal starts, and if they announce the Saturday start enough, there will be people in attendance.

I wish I knew what to expect from Michigan- they got outshot by both the Huskies and Spartans, and still managed to win both games. Most of our scoring had gone to the WJ's, but so had most of the bad defense.... We've won games scoring 2 and lost games scoring 3.

Racine looked good against Tech and State, but will he stay in net? I suspect he will.

And can some of the work ethic that the team found at the GLI work it's way into the players who were not there?

Lets put it this way, if we split like last year at Yost, I would be happy.

Comment

Split is a likely outcome in my mind. The Gophers are a strange team, that is all.

What's the word on Skjei? Any chance he is back for this series?
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Lucia mentioned there might be a possibility of Skjei being back for the Michigan series, hope so.

Michigan will be very tough, I really liked Larkin at the world juniors, I thought he was the best player on the whole team. That kid is fast and can score, better put a body on him.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
          Lucia mentioned there might be a possibility of Skjei being back for the Michigan series, hope so.

Michigan will be very tough, I really liked Larkin at the world juniors, I thought he was the best player on the whole team. That kid is fast and can score, better put a body on him.
          Thanks, I hope Skjei is back too!
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Ugly helmet weekend, hope we don't lose anyone to a knee injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post

Lucia said he "might" practice this week, but I'm guessing he'll be in Michigan. His puck handling ability will be needed on the blueline. Michigan has some strong forwards this season that can score and they're a decent home team (7-2). Agreed, Larkin only a freshman, looked world class and he's the real deal. Surprisingly, he only has 3 Gs all season for the Ugly Helmets, but currently leads the team in assists.

Comment

Larkin appears to be very talented- but he has not found his solid place on the team that reflects all his talents. Hope he finds it soon, or the WJC helped him find it.

On the other hand, Werenski had done a better job finding his spot- still a little shaky under the blue line, but when he's standing on it- he can score. Wicked wrister, for sure- it's been a while since we've had a blue liner who prefered a wrist shot over a slapper, but he's got great aim.

Comment

Saturday game is on FS north plus, not the main FS North channel. Just so peoples who want to watch it.
                  Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Love this series. I know I'm in the minority in MN but I have no problem replacing the Whioux with Ann on my s##t list.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Love this series. I know I'm in the minority in MN but I have no problem replacing the Whioux with Ann on my s##t list.
                      Me too. Michigan and Wisconsin are now our No. 1 rivals. Take care of business this weekend, then go from there...
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I don't have the fan longevity for the MI hatred. Yet.

It'll be a few years (or a key game or two) for me to develop that.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Subscribed because Ann Arbor is a whoor, Red is going to break a hip, Michigan football < Minnesota football (god**** harbaugh), I crush aluminum cans, GM sucks, detroitlololol, did I miss any?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            It'll be a few years (or a key game or two) for me to develop that.
                            Are you looking for specific fan behavior, or will something on ice suffice to make you hate the fans?

For sure, Minnesota has alwasy been a major rival of ours- even when we were not playing often, the Gophers would fill Yost almost like State.

But even though your hockey fans are very much like our football fans, I don't sense any hatred toward you on our side. Especially now that the students have somewhat of a barrier between them and the opposing parent section, other than the words, there's not much in terms of altercations anymore.

Sorry if that's a let down.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Are you looking for specific fan behavior, or will something on ice suffice to make you hate the fans?

For sure, Minnesota has alwasy been a major rival of ours- even when we were not playing often, the Gophers would fill Yost almost like State.

But even though your hockey fans are very much like our football fans, I don't sense any hatred toward you on our side. Especially now that the students have somewhat of a barrier between them and the opposing parent section, other than the words, there's not much in terms of altercations anymore.

Sorry if that's a let down.
                              I didn't experience the Goal That Never Happened, for example. Something like that...that would push MI up into hatred category.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                              X