2015 Mariucci Classic: Minnesota Merrimack Lowell RIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Mariucci Classic: Minnesota Merrimack Lowell RIT

The 2015 Mariucci Classic kicks off Friday January 2nd 2015 with UMass Lowell playing RIT and Minnesota taking on Merrimack, the winners and losers will play Saturday January 3rd 2015.

The Minnesota Merrimack game will be on FSN Plus at 7pm Friday, Minnesota's 2nd game will be streamed on BTN2GO.

The Gophers will be without Hudson Fasching, Leon Bristedt and Ryan Collins for this tourney, they are playing in the world junior tourney. Brady Skjei is also out with an injury.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: 2015 Mariucci Classic: Minnesota Merrimack Lowell RIT

I wish I could have done this trip. Lowell had a good weekend against tough defensive efforts.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Should be a competitive tourney with 3 of the teams in the top 15 in the PWR right now. The Gophers will need some other players to step up with 2 forwards from our top 6 out this weekend.

What style does Merrimack like to play? Trap ( boring like becky) or high tempo (you know fun hockey)

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        The Gophers will need some other players to step up with 2 forwards from our top 6 out this weekend.
        And 2 defensemen from our top 6 also. Being so shorthanded will present a major challenge for everyone else.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          And 2 defensemen from our top 6 also. Being so shorthanded will present a major challenge for everyone else.
          True. Would have been nice to have Skjei back on D for this tourney, hope he is healthy soon.

Wilcox will be tested.

Comment

Arrow needed.

No idea what to expect this weekend. Heart says that, even shorthanded, the Gophers will start the second half with a bang and play up to their competition. Gut says we might see a letdown.

Like SanTropez said, Wilcox will be tested along with the depth.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

(arrow) Gopher hockey can't return soon enough. (God knows the Wild haven't been doing a good job of filling the void.)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                (arrow) Gopher hockey can't return soon enough. (God knows the Wild haven't been doing a good job of filling the void.)
                No kidding. When the Wild are clicking, they are a watered down substitute for Gopher hockey.( for my monies worth ) Right now, ugh. Let's start this new year with a bang, eh? I like the field for this tournament , too.
                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  Arrow needed.

No idea what to expect this weekend. Heart says that, even shorthanded, the Gophers will start the second half with a bang and play up to their competition. Gut says we might see a letdown.
                  I have a feeling we won't see a letdown when it comes to effort and desire. Results may differ, but if they play with some grit and fire (which is something that's been only had in spurts so far) I will be happy even though this weekend could play large with respect to PWR. I want to see them start to use their legs more, create space by players without the puck hustling and start a trend of effort that will carry the team through the next several weeks. While the record wasn't what a lot of fans expected they still have a chance to great things.
                  Last edited by Slap Shot; 12-29-2014, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I want to see them start to use their legs more, create space by players without the puck hustling and start a trend of effort that will carry the team through the next several weeks.
                    An all-out effort should be a given; my gosh they've had plenty of time to rest up!
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I have a feeling we won't see a letdown when it comes to effort and desire. Results may differ, but if they play with some grit and fire (which is something that's been only had in spurts so far) I will be happy even though this weekend could play large with respect to PWR. I want to see them start to use their legs more, create space by players without the puck hustling and start a trend of effort that will carry the team through the next several weeks. While the record wasn't what a lot of fans expected they still have a chance to great things.
                      Boom! I concur Skipper. No letdown in the cards.

Comment

I am worried about Minnesota and how our defense will respond to more skilled players. I know some of your guys are off at the WJC but the point remains the same.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          I am worried about Minnesota and how our defense will respond to more skilled players. I know some of your guys are off at the WJC but the point remains the same.
                          Yeah, with UMass carrying a boatload of freshman this season (11), this will be a huge test for them against a more veteran and skilled team on their home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            I just hope Lowell gets a chance to play the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              I just hope Lowell gets a chance to play the Gophers.
                              Fair enough

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                              X