2015 World Junior Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

A good game generally. Biggest concerns for me are Demko and the PP which I think was anemic. Too much standing and watching Eichel do his thing. Need much more puck movement and creativity to make things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      Yes, a couple penalties, but his skill is evident...
      I was blown away by his skill when his Ann Arbor team played the Gophers. And the kid is only 17. I look for him to really pick up his game against Germany.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Considering he wasn't the guy last year, I can understand thinking Demko is a question mark. But pretty good job by him, nice confidence boost. Was expecting us to put in a couple more goals, but regardless, I'll take a win over Finland any way you can get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Considering he wasn't the guy last year, I can understand thinking Demko is a question mark. But pretty good job by him, nice confidence boost. Was expecting us to put in a couple more goals, but regardless, I'll take a win over Finland any way you can get it.
          Finland has some of the best goaltending in the tournament. I was expecting a 2-1 or 3-2 game. We generally always are tight/low scoring games with the Fins.

A win is certainly a huge plus. 2nd toughest team on paper we play.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Canada comes out hot. Slovakia comes out like a punching bag.

3 - 0 less than 10 minutes in.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Canada comes out hot. Slovakia comes out like a punching bag.

3 - 0 less than 10 minutes in.
              Slovakia had Canada looking like clowns on that one possession about 6-7 minutes in... The Canadian goalie was way the hell out of position, but the Slovaks couldn't close the deal
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

one thing you will see from Demko is a play like at the end of regulation/OT...can't remember which period it was. But, Butcher had to block a shot as the net was wide open. It's been reported that Demko will require surgery on both hips at the end of this season. The good news for him is I read this should be a one time, corrective surgery where his hips shouldn't be a problem for him going forward. Time will tell on that I guess. But, his movement isn't nearly as good right now as it should be after this surgery. That's the biggest weakness in his game.

Comment

Also, USA was pretty pumped after that win yesterday considering it was an opening game. Good to see though.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Also, USA was pretty pumped after that win yesterday considering it was an opening game. Good to see though.
                    It was also a win over the defending champions.....I'd be pretty pumped too.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      I was blown away by his skill when his Ann Arbor team played the Gophers. And the kid is only 17. I look for him to really pick up his game against Germany.
                      I was blown away with Matthews skills more than Eichel when I saw him against PC....Matthews is just more raw right now. Might be the fact that I was Eichel'd out!
                      Last edited by The Zlax45; 12-27-2014, 01:17 PM.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Line combinations for game vs Germany... Demko has the night off

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...twork-wjc-2015
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                          Line combinations for game vs Germany... Demko has the night off

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...twork-wjc-2015
                          Great shift by top line to start game. Tuch great scoring chance and a Dman rang one off the post.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Does someone have a direct link to the stream. I don't see it on the nhl network website? Is it even on there?
                            Thanks

Comment

Now its up
                              nhl.com slow on the uptake

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Great shift by top line to start game. Tuch great scoring chance and a Dman rang one off the post.
                                Pretty power move by Matthews to put US up 1-0 skating out from behind net and shoving it in.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X