Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50th GLI of 2014, Huskies, Wolverines, Spartans, and Bulldogs oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th GLI of 2014, Huskies, Wolverines, Spartans, and Bulldogs oh my!

So the 50th GLI is next on the schedule for four Michigan schools.
    Michigan Tech is likely the favorite on paper but the Huskies get Michigan, who's certainly looking for redemption after being swept in Houghton.
    Ferris State and Michigan State matchup in the other semi-final and that's probably a toss up.

Michigan will be without JT Compher, Tyler Motte, Dylan Larkin, Michael Downing, and Zach Werenski for the World Juniors.
    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 12-22-2014, 10:08 AM.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Re: 50th GLI of 2014, Huskies, Wolverines, Spartans, and Bulldogs oh my!

Tech keeps rolling.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The balance of power has shifted NORTH.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Ann Arbor is a whore.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If we ever figure out how to hit the back of the net, this tournament is ours for the taking. I'm not exactly holding my breath.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Stopping home for Christmas before taking off for Denver. I plan on being there.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

For those that can't be there, the games will be on Fox Sports Detroit Plus
              http://www.foxsports.com/detroit/sto...y-on-tv-111314

And on Fox College Sports Atlantic
              http://www.foxsports.com/content/dam....14%20FCSA.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Stopping home for Christmas before taking off for Denver. I plan on being there.
                Crap. Congrats on your GLI title and Jack Tompkins Trophy, C.J. Motte.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Crap. Congrats on your GLI title and Jack Tompkins Trophy, C.J. Motte.
                  I'm the inverse Undertaker of GLI. If he can have his streak broken...
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

For those Red Wings fans who will be attending the GLI and haven't gotten your tickets yet...

http://www.OlympiaEntertainment.com/hatpack

Get tickets to the GLI there, along with a Red Wings hat in one of the participating school's colors.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B42ORjPIAAE7_vD.jpg
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

A foreign-made hat in non-Wings colors is not worth $10.

GA ticket at the window it is for me.

Comment

Have they normally done a 2-day pass that cheap? I'm not going this year, but dang, even after the outrageous 8 dollar service charge that's still only 7 bucks a game.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I can do you one better. General admission for $10, reserved seats for $20 per day. That's 5 bucks a game (or 10 if you want a lower bowl seat).

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/gr...ent&customerID

Use the promo code "MTU2014" when prompted.

Comment

Does anyone know if the GLI is going to have any big recognition of past players or coaches since this is the 50th year of the tournment?

Comment

can someone start a fund to pay Twitch to stay away?
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                              X