New UND name to replace Fighting Sioux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New UND name to replace Fighting Sioux

I still think ManCampers (Campers for short) rolls off the tongue well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      I still think ManCampers (Campers for short) rolls off the tongue well.
      I look at all name alternatives with one thing in mind, how will it sound after UND scores? "Heeeeeeerrrrrre's your University of North Dakota Mannnnn Camperrrrrs SCORRRRRING!" Sounds ok to me I guess.
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I don't know why I laughed so hard at that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
          I think no nickname at all is the best... Check out our president's eval.
          Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            I don't know why I laughed so hard at that lol.
            "Scoring his 3rd goal of the season on the power play, number 69 Michael Bubba Parks! Assists to number 420 Drake the Snake Caggiula and number Deuce Deuce Johnny Boy Simonson. UND Man Campers scoring is sponsored by Rydell GM Big Effing Trucks with lift kits."
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              A rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet.
              The Sioux, by any other name, would still be hostile and abusive.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                O.K., I'll give it a go.

If Nebraska can be the Cornhuskers then North Dakota could certainly be the "Threshers". It's the 2nd largest wheat producing state in the country after Kansas. Sounds reasonably ominous, too. You'd have to get pretty creative with the mascot, I'd think, but, it's doable, with some creative thought. Only issue might be that a thresher is also a kind of shark.
                Thx for your comment, Red Cows. Your idea is way better than most. But, why does the name "Thrashers" (instead of Threshers) jump into my head, though?
                No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Could just use a symbol for the name, like Prince back in the day.

The symbol I think is pretty obvious.
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Which begs the question: Why does the state of North Dakota and UND continue to disrespect Native American Sioux by using 'Dakota'?

"The University of North"
                    Well now, here we have a quote with true discernment. Hope your tongue was firmly pressing your cheek when you made this comment, Wisko.

How many states are named after Native American groups? Is Wisconsin one of them? Illinois? Indiana? Ohio? Better look it up. Shallow brooks are noisy.
                    No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

• Re: New UND name to replace Fighting Sioux

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                      They should be The Whioux. They can skate out onto the ice wearing Union Jack sweaters while the pep band plays Baba O'Reilly.
                      Which missed their best collection of hits, only to be added later. The Brit thing is a stretch, in any case. Many campuses can be described as teenage wastelands, correctamundo ...

Comment

Originally posted by Slash01 View Post
                        Many campuses can be described as teenage wastelands, correctamundo ...
                        Especially NoDak, whiouxse campus is in the middle of NoWhere.
                        BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Much as I hate to say it, maybe Nodaks should just follow the example of our good neighbors to the east, who fall all over themselves to be associated with the words "Pride on Ice." They consistently underachieve despite having access to what they claim is the best talent pool in the country, and they have fewer titles than their neighbors (has Iowa passed them yet?), and yet they can always be counted upon to lug around this bloated sense of pride, win, lose, or get slaughtered.

So why shouldn't UND strive to be associated with the words "Fight on Ice?" We will fight you in the stands, in the penalty box, in the players' box, on the ice, and in the handshake line. Name the place, we will fight you there. It's a little wordy for a name, but workable. Add to that a logo with a picture of one of the Hanson brothers, and you got yourself a U N god dam D hide-the-women-and-children-cause-here-they-come Fight on Ice.

That or Prairie Rose, which captures our more sensitive side.

Comment

Originally posted by Slash01 View Post
                            Well now, here we have a quote with true discernment. Hope your tongue was firmly pressing your cheek when you made this comment, Wisko.

How many states are named after Native American groups? Is Wisconsin one of them? Illinois? Indiana? Ohio? Better look it up. Shallow brooks are noisy.
                            IMHO Wisko has a valid point. Because there's a flock of others does it make calling out the first one wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              How about Ralph's Ralphers with the logo being a guy puking on the Ralph.
                              Perfect in so many ways.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Much as I hate to say it, maybe Nodaks should just follow the example of our good neighbors to the east, who fall all over themselves to be associated with the words "Pride on Ice." They consistently underachieve despite having access to what they claim is the best talent pool in the country, and they have fewer titles than their neighbors (has Iowa passed them yet?), and yet they can always be counted upon to lug around this bloated sense of pride, win, lose, or get slaughtered.

So why shouldn't UND strive to be associated with the words "Fight on Ice?" We will fight you in the stands, in the penalty box, in the players' box, on the ice, and in the handshake line. Name the place, we will fight you there. It's a little wordy for a name, but workable. Add to that a logo with a picture of one of the Hanson brothers, and you got yourself a U N god dam D hide-the-women-and-children-cause-here-they-come Fight on Ice.

That or Prairie Rose, which captures our more sensitive side.
                                Hakstols Bridesmaids would be fitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X