Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New UND name to replace Fighting Sioux

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    I'm here to help. North Dakota Wheat ... North Dakota Fly Boys (they have an Air Force Base outside of Grand Forks) ... North Dakota Plains ... North Dakota Red Rivers ... North Dakota Rampaging Rivers ... North Dakota Floods ... North Dakota Warriors (hey, it ties in the air base and the Native Americans, see how clever I am?) ... North Dakota Engelstadts ... ok starting to stretch. they will probably go with something SO white bread and lame, so as not to offend anyone, like North Dakota Dakotans.
    Two things
    1. You misspelled Engelstads
    2. Dakotans is Dakota for Dakotan so that will offend people.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      Two things
      1. You misspelled Engelstads
      f'1n ^. its pre crack of dawn and you expect me to remember how to spell "ice palace"? North Dakota Dakotan. that's ok by me. although it singular. Huskies, Lakers, Pioneers, Gophers, Riverhawks, Wolverines, Beavers, Badgers, Redhawks, Bulldogs, Buckeyes, all plural. just saying.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        I thought I finally understood that's he's a Whioux fan, and then you say something like this?
        Puzzled me too. Burd is a Whioux fan living in Wisconsin.
        "My greatest achievement."
        Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Two things

Which begs the question: Why does the state of North Dakota and UND continue to disrespect Native American Sioux by using 'Dakota'?

"The University of North"
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

They should be The Whioux. They can skate out onto the ice wearing Union Jack sweaters while the pep band plays Baba O'Reilly.
            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Even though I hate UND with a thousand passions, even more than WI, I was for the name. Charlie His Horse Farts Thunder ruined this whole thing, frankly.
              Originally posted by icehawk View Post
              Yep. He is the main dipwad who wouldn't let the Standing Rock Reservation vote on the name.
              Charlie Fart was the main dipwad - yes. But I think the NCAA was going to find a way to kill the name regardless. I understand that, during the 12 year fight, the NCAA changed the rules. Early on, it was the tribes' job to register an objection. No response from the tribes would mean the name stayed. Later as it became apparent there would be no response, the NCAA changed the game and held UND responsible for getting tribe approval. No response from the tribes now meant elimination of the name. Check me on that, but if so - dirty pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Not bad but you're overlooking environmentalists.

Maybe they just should get out in front of the next controversy by instead going with 'The North Dakota Frickinfrackers'.
                Beat me too it! I was just going to say the Frackers. The comedy potential is off the charts. When they win you can tell the other team they're Fracked, when they lose you can yell MothaFrackers! at them. Frack Off at every penalty call against the home team....
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I think no nickname at all is the best... Check out our president's eval.
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    I thought I finally understood that's he's a Whioux fan, and then you say something like this?
                    My bad, thought he was a Badger fan. Sorry he got butt hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Which begs the question: Why does the state of North Dakota and UND continue to disrespect Native American Sioux by using 'Dakota'?

"The University of North"
                      Give the NCAA time. "U**** Lowell River Hawks"

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                        My bad, thought he was a Badger fan. Sorry he got butt hurt.
                        I know, I get confused all the time. But just because burd is clever enough to turn a phrase like a Hurley hooker turns tricks and his knuckles clear the ground by a good 3 inches or more, doesn't mean he's not one of you.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          I'm here to help. North Dakota Wheat ... North Dakota Fly Boys (they have an Air Force Base outside of Grand Forks) ... North Dakota Plains ... North Dakota Red Rivers ... North Dakota Rampaging Rivers ... North Dakota Floods ... North Dakota Warriors (hey, it ties in the air base and the Native Americans, see how clever I am?) ... North Dakota Engelstadts ... ok starting to stretch. they will probably go with something SO white bread and lame, so as not to offend anyone, like North Dakota Dakotans.
                          I'd vote for "Roughnecks"--you know like the oilfield workers or the hockey team.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...ot-easy-sounds

I understand that Charlie Farthead was the main dicksmack....However, the article really hits home on silly name changes.....Not sure if Reilly is intelligent anymore, but he finally nailed it writing this article.

Love the quote:
                            Too late. White America has spoken. You aren't offended, so we'll be offended for you.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              I'd vote for "Roughnecks"--you know like the oilfield workers or the hockey team.
                              Rocco's Roughnecks. Too bad it's this wasn't done while he was still around. Catchy.

Comment

How about Ralph's Ralphers with the logo being a guy puking on the Ralph.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X