Ralph Baer
12-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Discuss. :)

mookie1995
12-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Wish I could stop by..... Alas I'll be in South Carolina

DrDemento
12-06-2014, 07:18 PM
If we get some guys back from the injured or sick list, perhaps we can make this an exciting game. If not, and we play like this past weekend, the spread on this upcoming game could be 6 or more. We are just missing too many vital parts-a top goalie, 2 top scorers(albeit freshmen) are just making it too difficult to compete well.

Ralph Baer
12-06-2014, 07:38 PM
If we get some guys back from the injured or sick list, perhaps we can make this an exciting game. If not, and we play like this past weekend, the spread on this upcoming game could be 6 or more. We are just missing too many vital parts-a top goalie, 2 top scorers(albeit freshmen) are just making it too difficult to compete well.

I doubt that we will rush someone back for a non-league game.

DrDemento
12-07-2014, 07:51 AM
I doubt that we will rush someone back for a non-league game.

Not rush at all-if some were out for a brief illness or if a minor injury has healed-then ice time might be perfectly OK before a long break period. Obviously SA does not release many details(which is as it should be) so we have very little idea of who is really ready to play or even who is already playing through injury or sickness. I most certainly would like to see some changes made quickly after this 'Lost Weekend'

Hokydad
12-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Bu 8. Rpi 0

ChinaHockey
12-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Bu 8. Rpi 0

RPI 3 BU 2 Seems like ECAC teams are having fun playing BU, let the fun continue! Good luck RPI !

engineerhockeyfan
12-07-2014, 09:10 AM

I just don't understand what is going on with Diebold this season. He was much better last season. He has been so inconsistent in games this year, and his rebound control is awful.
I just want our starting lineup back on the ice.

FlagDUDE08
12-07-2014, 09:22 AM
RPI 4 BU 0. And yes, I'm referring to the fights.

ChinaHockey has a point, though; I wouldn't be shocked to see RPI pull this one out of their ***. After all, they are undefeated vs. HEA.

Ralph Baer
12-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Not much interest. Maybe they should cancel the game. :)

Scarlet
12-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Oh, there's plenty of interest. We don't seem to do individual game threads any more. Sad.

I'm making the trek westward. Anyone else?

Ralph Baer
12-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Oh, there's plenty of interest. We don't seem to do individual game threads any more. Sad.

I'm making the trek westward. Anyone else?

I always start these hoping that interest will arise. The RPI thread goes far afield all the time, and I am partially responsible for t.

Rover
12-08-2014, 03:56 PM
No offense to the fine RPI folks and Troy, NY where I believe its located, but can we be done with this series already? Does anybody under 50 even remember when we were in the same division, and if so does anybody care anymore? I understand Parker liked playing them given the old rivalries (emphasis on "old") but there's just no connection between the teams anymore. I'm not saying never play them, but I'm sick of this game being on the schedule.

Jasma
12-08-2014, 05:05 PM
No offense to the fine RPI folks and Troy, NY where I believe its located, but can we be done with this series already? Does anybody under 50 even remember when we were in the same division, and if so does anybody care anymore? I understand Parker liked playing them given the old rivalries (emphasis on "old") but there's just no connection between the teams anymore. I'm not saying never play them, but I'm sick of this game being on the schedule.
Both teams need to fill non-league schedules and why not play a regional rival, a short trip down the interstate? These are two teams with long and proud histories who have been playing hockey against each other regularly for most of the past half-century.

FlagDUDE08
12-08-2014, 06:17 PM

It's pretty much the only game where we're going to get to see a fight. Keep it.

DrDemento
12-08-2014, 06:41 PM
I would strongly agree with you if the overall record between these two long time rivals got too one sided and became a yearly mismatch. But for now, the games are among the most exciting during many seasons and are normally quite closely fought and the overall record is pretty close so i have to strongly disagree.(at least for now)

Ralph Baer
12-08-2014, 07:12 PM

Yes, it is in Troy. Granted that BU is a lot bigger than RPI, but academically BU has a lot more in common with RPI than most of the state and church schools in the HEA. (Isn't NU the only other such school in the HEA?)

Ralph Baer
12-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Both teams need to fill non-league schedules and why not play a regional rival, a short trip down the interstate? These are two teams with long and proud histories who have been playing hockey against each other regularly for most of the past half-century.

Since the consolation game of the 1953 NCAA tourney. (No, I don't remember that game. :) )

mookie1995
12-08-2014, 07:54 PM
I would strongly agree with you if the overall record between these two long time rivals got too one sided and became a yearly mismatch. But for now, the games are among the most exciting during many seasons and are normally quite closely fought and the overall record is pretty close so i have to strongly disagree.(at least for now)

yah!!! cause the enggies goon it up and usually dress horrible homer refs when our boys visit!!!! :p

Ralph Baer
12-08-2014, 08:02 PM
yah!!! cause the enggies goon it up and usually dress horrible homer refs when our boys visit!!!! :p

Seriously, most RPI fans. myself included, think that RPI very rarely gets the benefit of homer refs.