Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU @ RPI, Saturday, 12/13/14

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    As good a reason as any I've seen but from a BU fan's perspective, it makes no sense that we hadn't played Colgate for 25 years or so until this year but we get RPI every year. I feel the same way about the Dartmouth game. Its not "don't ever play RPI again" but lets mix it up a bit more.
    My opinion is that with as many OOC games as we have to fill, we will get plenty of chances to mix it up. We are already seeing that with games like Colgate and Union this year, Bentley last year. I've heard we will see Quinnipiac next year.

I like the RPI series. To me it make sense. The games are usually competitive and typically both teams are at least decent so the winner of the game will get some help in the PWR. If we assume they don't want to add another flight, and also that we would prefer to play an ECAC team over an AHA team, RPI is a pretty good choice to maintain an ongoing "rivalry" with.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Thanks Waite. I was not aware that Ted's was still around. Do you go back far enough to remember Gallagher's Fish Fry also?? Back in the 60's they had the absolute best!!
      Yes, Ted's is still around. I was there in October. They have pictures on the wall dating from when they first opened, back around 1960.

Can't say I remember Gallagher's. Where was it located?

Comment

Quite an injury list being reported for the Engineers.

Trap game alert!!
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          Quite an injury list being reported for the Engineers.

Trap game alert!!
          I know that every team has to play with injuries during the course of a season, but this is getting ridiculous. We keep losing a player a game, and nobody is coming back.
          Saturday is going to be quite a challenge.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            I know that every team has to play with injuries during the course of a season, but this is getting ridiculous. We keep losing a player a game, and nobody is coming back.
            Saturday is going to be quite a challenge.
            It certainly is. We seem to get a lot of injury prone players. Two of our recruits, Evan Tironese and Todd Burgess, may be in that category also.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              Yes, Ted's is still around. I was there in October. They have pictures on the wall dating from when they first opened, back around 1960.

Somewhere in the wonderful town of Waterveliet I think. Back in the 60's to help with expenses, I worked on a farm in Waterford and the farmer who was pretty elderly, took me around to so many places that were just wonderful. He once drove me up to Warrensburg to this wonderful smoke house called Oscar's which is still there(we pass it on our way up the Adirondacks) and that was another gem. What made Gallagher's so special was the sauce they used on the fish fry, not exactly sure what it was but some sort of chili sauce.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

With the long list of injuries to forwards, and this being a non conference game, why not have Gillespie in the line up? Or has he been hurt also?

Comment

Somewhere in the wonderful town of Waterveliet I think. Back in the 60's to help with expenses, I worked on a farm in Waterford and the farmer who was pretty elderly, took me around to so many places that were just wonderful. He once drove me up to Warrensburg to this wonderful smoke house called Oscar's which is still there(we pass it on our way up the Adirondacks) and that was another gem. What made Gallagher's so special was the sauce they used on the fish fry, not exactly sure what it was but some sort of chili sauce.
                  It looks like store rather than a restaurant, or is this the wrong place?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Gallaghers was outside the South Gate of the Arsenal. It has been gone for some time, and it is now a bar/restaurant.
                    Last edited by DavidSec17; 12-10-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

That is the new Oscar's. The old one burned a few years ago and was rebuilt. They have expanded and have a web presence now. Had the absolute best smoked everything and incredible choices for condiments. Ik think they get a lot of business form rachel Ray bragging about their stuff all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                        Gallaghers was outside the South Gate of the Arsenal. It has been gone for some time, and it is now a bar/restaurant.
                        That was the place! Thanks David. In the old days they had their Friday night special of buy 2 get 1 free. Never knew what the fish was they used(had been told once it was something called Cisco) but the food was fabulous. Ted's was always my alternative choice followed by Mike's Giant Submarines(loaded with hot peppers)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          It certainly is. We seem to get a lot of injury prone players. Two of our recruits, Evan Tironese and Todd Burgess, may be in that category also.
                          Normally injuries are understandable, but this year, I have not seen our games being terribly physical. The boys are certainly playing hard, but I have not seen the level of hard hitting as in recent years. It seems to me, and i might be very wrong on this one, that many of the injuries occur in practice.

Comment

Has RPI been any good since the 80's?
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Has RPI been any good since the 80's?
                              It matters how good you mean. RPI has made the NCAA tourney several times since then, so by my definition that was at least good. The team, however, has not scored a goal since George Servinis's offside goal in 1985.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Normally injuries are understandable, but this year, I have not seen our games being terribly physical. The boys are certainly playing hard, but I have not seen the level of hard hitting as in recent years. It seems to me, and i might be very wrong on this one, that many of the injuries occur in practice.
                                I think most of the injuries have been in games. Nanne (shoulder) was hurt in the Q'Pac game, Bubela (concussion) was hurt in a game (Dartmouth?) and Kasdorf was injured in the first period at UNH. I'm not sure about Curadi, Miller and Schroeder, but I believe Curadi also received a concussion. Then Melanson came down with Mono.

Comment

Working...
                                X