PDA

View Full Version : SCSU @ UNO December 12/13 "I'll Have the Steak!"

Pages : [1] 2 3

SCSU Euro
12-02-2014, 10:10 PM
SCSU doesn't play again until Omaha in two weeks and I hate having threads against the Bye, their fans never show up anyway.

SCSU coming off a split in Bemidji and Omaha just got 2 points in North Dakota and will travel to Oxford to take on Miami before coming home to take on St. Cloud.

This will be my 5th year in a row going to Omaha; every year since they became conference mates with SCSU (went for the outdoor game vs. UND the year we didn't travel to Omaha). Couple things I thought I'd share: no idea how long it'll last, but if you order your tickets through omavs.com they're still running a Black Friday special for the Friday game of this series; $10 a ticket, and you don't need to get special section tickets.

Also, we found a Groupon deal for $40 worth of drinks for $20 at the Capitol. Curious what kinda bar/nightclub this is and if there's typically a cover on Friday or Saturday nights.

MAVFANJEFF
12-02-2014, 11:28 PM
the more the merrier. Bring a bunch with you.

First Time, Long Time
12-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Fully expecting SCSU to show up for one night, as per usual this season.

SCSU Euro
12-03-2014, 07:11 AM
the more the merrier. Bring a bunch with you.

Actually pretty disappointed, we're only bringing 5 :(

Red Cows
12-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Everybody here is currently being consumed by the Huskers Head Coach search and hockey has fallen off the radar for the moment. I am glad for UNO that they are in Oxford this weekend. The entire populace here is too all-consumed with Husker message boards and Twitter to pay any attention to anything else, or, so it seems.

MAVFANJEFF
12-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Everybody here is currently being consumed by the Huskers Head Coach search and hockey has fallen off the radar for the moment. I am glad for UNO that they are in Oxford this weekend. The entire populace here is too all-consumed with Husker message boards and Twitter to pay any attention to anything else, or, so it seems.
everyone but me. I could care less.

scsutommyboy
12-04-2014, 01:51 PM
The Huskies play this season makes me sick. UMD is a good team but getting swept at home is pathetic and then losing to BSU last week makes me want to vomit.... If they don't kick it into gear soon it will be to late. I know the coach will tell you that a team wants to peak at the end of the year, but if your play is so bad at the begnning you can't make the NCAA's it doesn't do you any good. I am not saying they can't turn it around, but it has to be soon or it wil be to late. For an example look no further than Miami last season. They were to good of a team talent wise to be that bad.....

The Boomer
12-04-2014, 11:31 PM
The Huskies play this season makes me sick. UMD is a good team but getting swept at home is pathetic and then losing to BSU last week makes me want to vomit.... If they don't kick it into gear soon it will be to late. I know the coach will tell you that a team wants to peak at the end of the year, but if your play is so bad at the begnning you can't make the NCAA's it doesn't do you any good. I am not saying they can't turn it around, but it has to be soon or it wil be to late. For an example look no further than Miami last season. They were to good of a team talent wise to be that bad.....

Well, IMO, Miami had more talent last year than this year's SCSU squad. :eek:

IF the Huskies play their A game, and get some puck luck, they are very good. But I don't see this team gearing up for the second half--certainly not from lack of focus or underachieving. They just may be in a one year "dip". The senior class is hard working, but cannot score. The seniors have not scored in the previous 3 seasons, and there is no good reason us fans should expect differently the second half of this season.

Benik and Brodzinski are playing very well, but the chemistry/mojo/team identity is off from what it was for the past few years. That has more to do with missing Hanowski, LeBlanc, Jensen and Dowd) rather than the poor play of this year's team. The freshman are struggling (save for the Big Dane Russell).

TB, the positives are there! Lindgren is playing very well. I think Tim Daly and Ethan Prow have elevated their games to all-NCHC level. We are really missing solid play from the second and third line, and again, the fourth line couldn't hit the ocean from the dock!

Oh, and this Nathan Widman kid--he has played awesome, and looks like he has been in the league for a few years. GREAT find by the coaching staff.

This team will really need a great run (like a big winning streak) to get back into the national picture. I just don't see that happening this season.

Tipsy McStagger
12-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Well, IMO, Miami had more talent last year than this year's SCSU squad. :eek:

IF the Huskies play their A game, and get some puck luck, they are very good. But I don't see this team gearing up for the second half--certainly not from lack of focus or underachieving. They just may be in a one year "dip". The senior class is hard working, but cannot score. The seniors have not scored in the previous 3 seasons, and there is no good reason us fans should expect differently the second half of this season.

Benik and Brodzinski are playing very well, but the chemistry/mojo/team identity is off from what it was for the past few years. That has more to do with missing Hanowski, LeBlanc, Jensen and Dowd) rather than the poor play of this year's team. The freshman are struggling (save for the Big Dane Russell).

TB, the positives are there! Lindgren is playing very well. I think Tim Daly and Ethan Prow have elevated their games to all-NCHC level. We are really missing solid play from the second and third line, and again, the fourth line couldn't hit the ocean from the dock!

Oh, and this Nathan Widman kid--he has played awesome, and looks like he has been in the league for a few years. GREAT find by the coaching staff.

This team will really need a great run (like a big winning streak) to get back into the national picture. I just don't see that happening this season.

They don't need a great run to get back into the picture. After we sweep in Omaha we will be back in the top 14 in the PWR.

#InBobWeTrust

SCSU Euro
12-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Well I guess I'm the only one left on the bandwagon, which is fine by me.

Question for UNO fans: has Avery Peterson been playing forward lately?

MAVFANJEFF
12-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Well I guess I'm the only one left on the bandwagon, which is fine by me.

Question for UNO fans: has Avery Peterson been playing forward lately?
don't know. He got goal #4 saturday night and an assist on goal #2. the game sheet doesn't show what position the players play.

hockeykrazy
12-08-2014, 09:21 AM
don't know. He got goal #4 saturday night and an assist on goal #2. the game sheet doesn't show what position the players play.

Watching NCHC.tv it looks like Avery Peterson was 3rd line center against Miami last weekend on both nights.
He was with LW Pope and RW Lane on Fri and LW Pope and RW Otega on Sat.

Looking back at line charts was 3rd line center (2nd line on sheet) both nights against North Dakota Nov 28, 29 with Pope and Davis and Fri against UMD Nov 21 and was moved to RW on Sat Nov22 with Pope at LW and Guentzel centering.

The first weekend against Minn State Oct 10-11 he was left wing with Vesel Centering and Parizek and Gallo on the RW.
Oct 17 against W Mich he was 4th line center with Polk and Gallo.

SCSU Euro
12-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Watching NCHC.tv it looks like Avery Peterson was 3rd line center against Miami last weekend on both nights.
He was with LW Pope and RW Lane on Fri and LW Pope and RW Otega on Sat.

Looking back at line charts was 3rd line center (2nd line on sheet) both nights against North Dakota Nov 28, 29 with Pope and Davis and Fri against UMD Nov 21 and was moved to RW on Sat Nov22 with Pope at LW and Guentzel centering.

The first weekend against Minn State Oct 10-11 he was left wing with Vesel Centering and Parizek and Gallo on the RW.
Oct 17 against W Mich he was 4th line center with Polk and Gallo.

Where are you finding line charts?

hockeykrazy
12-08-2014, 11:03 AM
It isn't easy, various sources. First check their schedule. The NCHC, ECAC and Big Ten sites don't show lines in the box scores.

I like the WCHA site where the box always shows the lines so Mankato was easy.

W. Mich was an icon on their lead up story on their Men's hockey site. UND -North Dakota and UMD - Duluth were on their blogs - Schlossman and Ciskie I believe.

I think it's actually easier to scroll through the first couple minutes of the games on NCHC.tv - just write down numbers and look at their roster.- Avery is 7, Pope is 12, Davis is 18, Gallo 23, Ortega 16, Guentzel 20 etc..

I always do that when I'm scouting teams- just a lot easier to write down the numbers and go through the roster later.

I don't like to know who I am looking at first so I have no bias on notes.

I suppose I could check the ECAC and the Big Ten sites for Cornell and Ohio State too.

Didn't find anything except a Cornell 1Nov youtube highlight with 7 Avery and 23 Gall and 11 Mountain. Too much time but you can also check scores and who was on the ice etc.

SCSU Euro
12-08-2014, 11:09 AM
And for the Omaha people, thoughts on the Capitol bar? Any idea if a) we could wear hockey jerseys there or if they have a dress code and b) if they charge a cover Fri or Sat night?

MaizeRage
12-08-2014, 12:15 PM

collegehockeystats.net (http://collegehockeystats.net/1415/schedules/all)

Every box score has the line-up for that night.

hockeykrazy
12-08-2014, 01:02 PM
collegehockeystats.net (http://collegehockeystats.net/1415/schedules/all)

Every box score has the line-up for that night.

Thanks! Saves me a lot of time. When we were in the WCHA it was easy, I've seen this before but I must have forgot about it.
So Cornell Avery was 4th line center with LW Mountain and RW Polk. Sat he moved to LW with Mountain C and Gallo RW.
Ohio State Avery was LW with Mountain at Center and Davis RW. Second night he moved to Center with Pope LW and Davis RW.

Red Cows
12-08-2014, 11:52 PM
FYI.

Besides Friday night's game being on local television (NET1) as well as on FCS (Direct TV channel 608) this upcoming Friday night, the game is also being streamed, freebie, on NET's web site. Here is the link:

http://netnebraska.org/interactive-multimedia/sports/maverick-hockey-st-cloud-vs-omaha

..............for anybody that maybe can't get in front of a TV for this one. NET1 is only available locally and not everybody gets FCS, either.

The NET1 stream is as good as you will ever see, trust me.

I don't know if FCS is using UNO's broadcast team or not. I don't know who is doing the NET play-by play broadcast, either, as yet, but it will involve the UNO broadcast team in some way. Usually, they have Dave Ahlers come over from radio and do the game with someone (it's been former UNO goalie Kendall Sidoruk in the past) and they'll bring in former Omaha Lancer announcer Frank Adkisson to do the game on radio with the regular radio color man, Terry Leahy, or some combination of these. Unless FOX brings in a crew, my bet is that anybody watching FCS or NET1 is going to see the same broadcast, though.

MAVFANJEFF
12-09-2014, 06:28 PM
FYI.

Besides Friday night's game being on local television (NET1) as well as on FCS (Direct TV channel 608) this upcoming Friday night, the game is also being streamed, freebie, on NET's web site. Here is the link:

http://netnebraska.org/interactive-multimedia/sports/maverick-hockey-st-cloud-vs-omaha

..............for anybody that maybe can't get in front of a TV for this one. NET1 is only available locally and not everybody gets FCS, either.

The NET1 stream is as good as you will ever see, trust me.

I don't know if FCS is using UNO's broadcast team or not. I don't know who is doing the NET play-by play broadcast, either, as yet, but it will involve the UNO broadcast team in some way. Usually, they have Dave Ahlers come over from radio and do the game with someone (it's been former UNO goalie Kendall Sidoruk in the past) and they'll bring in former Omaha Lancer announcer Frank Adkisson to do the game on radio with the regular radio color man, Terry Leahy, or some combination of these. Unless FOX brings in a crew, my bet is that anybody watching FCS or NET1 is going to see the same broadcast, though.

2 words, Greg Harrington.

In other news, when is toys for tots and military appreciation night? Someone was asking on mavpuck about t4t and I thought it was in conjunction with military appreciation night.

SCSU Euro
12-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Nearly had a little snafu with the tickets, but called and e-mailed a couple people and it looks like everything is squared away.

It feels like Thursday, these games need to hurry up and happen.