SCSU @ UNO December 12/13 "I'll Have the Steak!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ UNO December 12/13 "I'll Have the Steak!"

SCSU doesn't play again until Omaha in two weeks and I hate having threads against the Bye, their fans never show up anyway.

SCSU coming off a split in Bemidji and Omaha just got 2 points in North Dakota and will travel to Oxford to take on Miami before coming home to take on St. Cloud.

This will be my 5th year in a row going to Omaha; every year since they became conference mates with SCSU (went for the outdoor game vs. UND the year we didn't travel to Omaha). Couple things I thought I'd share: no idea how long it'll last, but if you order your tickets through omavs.com they're still running a Black Friday special for the Friday game of this series; $10 a ticket, and you don't need to get special section tickets.

Also, we found a Groupon deal for $40 worth of drinks for $20 at the Capitol. Curious what kinda bar/nightclub this is and if there's typically a cover on Friday or Saturday nights.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU @ UNO December 12/13 "I'll Have the Steak!"

the more the merrier. Bring a bunch with you.
    UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Fully expecting SCSU to show up for one night, as per usual this season.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
        the more the merrier. Bring a bunch with you.
        Actually pretty disappointed, we're only bringing 5

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Everybody here is currently being consumed by the Huskers Head Coach search and hockey has fallen off the radar for the moment. I am glad for UNO that they are in Oxford this weekend. The entire populace here is too all-consumed with Husker message boards and Twitter to pay any attention to anything else, or, so it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
            Everybody here is currently being consumed by the Huskers Head Coach search and hockey has fallen off the radar for the moment. I am glad for UNO that they are in Oxford this weekend. The entire populace here is too all-consumed with Husker message boards and Twitter to pay any attention to anything else, or, so it seems.
            everyone but me. I could care less.

Comment

The Huskies play this season makes me sick. UMD is a good team but getting swept at home is pathetic and then losing to BSU last week makes me want to vomit.... If they don't kick it into gear soon it will be to late. I know the coach will tell you that a team wants to peak at the end of the year, but if your play is so bad at the begnning you can't make the NCAA's it doesn't do you any good. I am not saying they can't turn it around, but it has to be soon or it wil be to late. For an example look no further than Miami last season. They were to good of a team talent wise to be that bad.....
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                The Huskies play this season makes me sick. UMD is a good team but getting swept at home is pathetic and then losing to BSU last week makes me want to vomit.... If they don't kick it into gear soon it will be to late. I know the coach will tell you that a team wants to peak at the end of the year, but if your play is so bad at the begnning you can't make the NCAA's it doesn't do you any good. I am not saying they can't turn it around, but it has to be soon or it wil be to late. For an example look no further than Miami last season. They were to good of a team talent wise to be that bad.....
                Well, IMO, Miami had more talent last year than this year's SCSU squad.

IF the Huskies play their A game, and get some puck luck, they are very good. But I don't see this team gearing up for the second half--certainly not from lack of focus or underachieving. They just may be in a one year "dip". The senior class is hard working, but cannot score. The seniors have not scored in the previous 3 seasons, and there is no good reason us fans should expect differently the second half of this season.

Benik and Brodzinski are playing very well, but the chemistry/mojo/team identity is off from what it was for the past few years. That has more to do with missing Hanowski, LeBlanc, Jensen and Dowd) rather than the poor play of this year's team. The freshman are struggling (save for the Big Dane Russell).

TB, the positives are there! Lindgren is playing very well. I think Tim Daly and Ethan Prow have elevated their games to all-NCHC level. We are really missing solid play from the second and third line, and again, the fourth line couldn't hit the ocean from the dock!

Oh, and this Nathan Widman kid--he has played awesome, and looks like he has been in the league for a few years. GREAT find by the coaching staff.

This team will really need a great run (like a big winning streak) to get back into the national picture. I just don't see that happening this season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
                  Well, IMO, Miami had more talent last year than this year's SCSU squad.

IF the Huskies play their A game, and get some puck luck, they are very good. But I don't see this team gearing up for the second half--certainly not from lack of focus or underachieving. They just may be in a one year "dip". The senior class is hard working, but cannot score. The seniors have not scored in the previous 3 seasons, and there is no good reason us fans should expect differently the second half of this season.

Benik and Brodzinski are playing very well, but the chemistry/mojo/team identity is off from what it was for the past few years. That has more to do with missing Hanowski, LeBlanc, Jensen and Dowd) rather than the poor play of this year's team. The freshman are struggling (save for the Big Dane Russell).

TB, the positives are there! Lindgren is playing very well. I think Tim Daly and Ethan Prow have elevated their games to all-NCHC level. We are really missing solid play from the second and third line, and again, the fourth line couldn't hit the ocean from the dock!

Oh, and this Nathan Widman kid--he has played awesome, and looks like he has been in the league for a few years. GREAT find by the coaching staff.

This team will really need a great run (like a big winning streak) to get back into the national picture. I just don't see that happening this season.
                  They don't need a great run to get back into the picture. After we sweep in Omaha we will be back in the top 14 in the PWR.

#InBobWeTrust
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Well I guess I'm the only one left on the bandwagon, which is fine by me.

Question for UNO fans: has Avery Peterson been playing forward lately?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Well I guess I'm the only one left on the bandwagon, which is fine by me.

Question for UNO fans: has Avery Peterson been playing forward lately?
                      don't know. He got goal #4 saturday night and an assist on goal #2. the game sheet doesn't show what position the players play.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                        don't know. He got goal #4 saturday night and an assist on goal #2. the game sheet doesn't show what position the players play.
                        Watching NCHC.tv it looks like Avery Peterson was 3rd line center against Miami last weekend on both nights.
                        He was with LW Pope and RW Lane on Fri and LW Pope and RW Otega on Sat.

Looking back at line charts was 3rd line center (2nd line on sheet) both nights against North Dakota Nov 28, 29 with Pope and Davis and Fri against UMD Nov 21 and was moved to RW on Sat Nov22 with Pope at LW and Guentzel centering.

The first weekend against Minn State Oct 10-11 he was left wing with Vesel Centering and Parizek and Gallo on the RW.
                        Oct 17 against W Mich he was 4th line center with Polk and Gallo.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                          Watching NCHC.tv it looks like Avery Peterson was 3rd line center against Miami last weekend on both nights.
                          He was with LW Pope and RW Lane on Fri and LW Pope and RW Otega on Sat.

Looking back at line charts was 3rd line center (2nd line on sheet) both nights against North Dakota Nov 28, 29 with Pope and Davis and Fri against UMD Nov 21 and was moved to RW on Sat Nov22 with Pope at LW and Guentzel centering.

The first weekend against Minn State Oct 10-11 he was left wing with Vesel Centering and Parizek and Gallo on the RW.
                          Oct 17 against W Mich he was 4th line center with Polk and Gallo.
                          Where are you finding line charts?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Where are you finding line charts?
                            It isn't easy, various sources. First check their schedule. The NCHC, ECAC and Big Ten sites don't show lines in the box scores.

I like the WCHA site where the box always shows the lines so Mankato was easy.

W. Mich was an icon on their lead up story on their Men's hockey site. UND -North Dakota and UMD - Duluth were on their blogs - Schlossman and Ciskie I believe.

I think it's actually easier to scroll through the first couple minutes of the games on NCHC.tv - just write down numbers and look at their roster.- Avery is 7, Pope is 12, Davis is 18, Gallo 23, Ortega 16, Guentzel 20 etc..

I always do that when I'm scouting teams- just a lot easier to write down the numbers and go through the roster later.

I don't like to know who I am looking at first so I have no bias on notes.

I suppose I could check the ECAC and the Big Ten sites for Cornell and Ohio State too.

Didn't find anything except a Cornell 1Nov youtube highlight with 7 Avery and 23 Gall and 11 Mountain. Too much time but you can also check scores and who was on the ice etc.
                            Last edited by hockeykrazy; 12-08-2014, 11:15 AM.

Comment

And for the Omaha people, thoughts on the Capitol bar? Any idea if a) we could wear hockey jerseys there or if they have a dress code and b) if they charge a cover Fri or Sat night?

Comment

Working...
                              X