Bemidji @ UAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bemidji @ UAA

Well Someone had to start it. Find out something about Bemidji....and for UAA fans Thursday night at the Varsity Grill coaches corner.... starts at 6 pm. Reservations are required. Go to Opentable.com and make the reservations. UAA had a bye last week so the team should be rested and ready to play this weekend, building off the 4-0 win 2 weeks ago over Northern Michigan.
    GO SEAWOLVES!!

Re: Bemidji @ UAA

Originally posted by ninelives View Post
    Well Someone had to start it. Find out something about Bemidji....and for UAA fans Thursday night at the Varsity Grill coaches corner.... starts at 6 pm. Reservations are required. Go to Opentable.com and make the reservations. UAA had a bye last week so the team should be rested and ready to play this weekend, building off the 4-0 win 2 weeks ago over Northern Michigan.
    I will make the call for a reservation and the Basketball teams are on the road so the slow moving hockey fans won't get "worked" by their fans who call early. Nice place, good food and great local beers. Beaver fans are welcome to the show. Coach and Kurt will make it a fun and informed on air show. Some fans have their number plugged into their smarter than them phone.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Can someone confirm the game time for Saturday? I've heard 4pm and 5pm.
      _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
      No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Seawolves facebook page said 5:07 on Saturday
        GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
          Can someone confirm the game time for Saturday? I've heard 4pm and 5pm.
          4:07 Hawaii / Aleutian ........5:07 Alaska.........6:07 Pacific.............7:07 Central..........8:07 Eastern I hope this clears it up for you.......
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

BSU has played better than their record would suggest. We've been starting our rookie goalie on Fridays and the veteran on Saturdays. We have got some speed but a few lines still need to gel for us to maximize our potential. Proud to say we play a clean game like most of the other teams we've played this year. Hopefully we can have rested legs when we get there. Good luck this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              4:07 Hawaii / Aleutian ........5:07 Alaska.........6:07 Pacific.............7:07 Central..........8:07 Eastern I hope this clears it up for you.......
              5:07pm Alaska time is a for sure, certain thing
              Your 6:07 Pacific works however there's a Mountain time or some strange thing before you get to Central so Central might be 8:07 which would make Eastern 9:07
              Now if you want to talk Greenwich or however it's spelled it's a -9 hours
              Before the bankers screwed with it we were 2 hours from Pacific but now only 1 hour difference
              I see the sun about kinda sorta 8:30am and dusk at maybe something after 4pm
              All that stuff doesn't make a hill of beans as long as you're at the Sully for puck drop at 5:07 local on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
                BSU has played better than their record would suggest. We've been starting our rookie goalie on Fridays and the veteran on Saturdays. We have got some speed but a few lines still need to gel for us to maximize our potential. Proud to say we play a clean game like most of the other teams we've played this year. Hopefully we can have rested legs when we get there. Good luck this weekend.
                Well it's a long, leg cramping, back aching, wobble head flight going uphill and west. We play hockey. Like to play with 5 but sometimes 4 and when we really want to give the goalie a little work we play 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  5:07pm Alaska time is a for sure, certain thing
                  Your 6:07 Pacific works however there's a Mountain time or some strange thing before you get to Central so Central might be 8:07 which would make Eastern 9:07
                  Now if you want to talk Greenwich or however it's spelled it's a -9 hours
                  Before the bankers screwed with it we were 2 hours from Pacific but now only 1 hour difference
                  I see the sun about kinda sorta 8:30am and dusk at maybe something after 4pm
                  All that stuff doesn't make a hill of beans as long as you're at the Sully for puck drop at 5:07 local on Saturday
                  Thanks, I just sent an email to UAA asking about the start time on Sat. I saw the 5:07 time on Facebook, but our tickets say 7:07. What in the heck is going on? I would venture to say that most fans do not know about the time change, and getting butts in the seats is already challenging enough without something like this happening. WHY the time change?

Edit. I heard back from UAA. Bemidji asked for an earlier start time, but the tickets had already been printed. I think someone at UAA needs to get on the phone and call every singe ticket holder and tell them of the time change. What a mess.
                  Last edited by Suze; 12-03-2014, 11:34 AM.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Thanks, I just sent an email to UAA asking about the start time on Sat. I saw the 5:07 time on Facebook, but our tickets say 7:07. What in the heck is going on? I would venture to say that most fans do not know about the time change, and getting butts in the seats is already challenging enough without something like this happening. WHY the time change?

Edit. I heard back from UAA. Bemidji asked for an earlier start time, but the tickets had already been printed. I think someone at UAA needs to get on the phone and call every singe ticket holder and tell them of the time change. What a mess.
                    Suze, this is by no means official and I don't remember who I heard it from, but the time change was necessary for Bemidji to have enough time to get to their flight out Saturday night. The time change is on the official schedule also.
                    GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

Originally posted by ninelives View Post
                      Suze, this is by no means official and I don't remember who I heard it from, but the time change was necessary for Bemidji to have enough time to get to their flight out Saturday night. The time change is on the official schedule also.
                      But the 7:07 time is on everyone's tickets!! Sigh.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The time doesn't make sense for trying to build attendance but it does make financial sense for the visiting team and I suspect we will see more of these early games in the 2015/16 season.
                        Don't know which airline the Beavers are flying but DL to MSP departs at 9:50pm and UA to ORD leaves at 11:40pm or some such. The early start lets them make the flight avoiding bus to hotel, night at hotel, etc.
                        And "night at hotel" is a nightmare anyway. 7:07 start gets them to the hotel by 11??? and asleep by what time? Then back up at 3:30am or 4am to catch a morning flight. Not enough sleep to make a big difference.
                        Attendance vs. costs.....a catch 22 either way

Comment

Thank you UAA Athletics for changing the start time of Saturday! Now all of us old farts that can't stay up past 11 PM down here in Minnesota can catch the whole game.

All joking aside, I think this will be a good series to see where BSU is at. This is the first weekend all year that BSU has not played a ranked team. They have been in every contest (that 6-3 against St. Cloud last weekend was 4-3 in the final minute), and it has been a little mistake here or there that has killed them. Probably the biggest being an ill-timed pass on the power play leading to a short handed goal. Up until last weekend BSU had given as many shorties as they had scored on the power play (6). Can you decline power plays?

Offensively, Bemidji has shown more pop this year then years past. But with that has come some defensive lapses. They will forecheck hard and want to play an up-tempo game. Goaltending, as mentioned earlier, has been an even split. The freshman opened the season with a win AT North Dakota and his other win was against Alaska. The senior has defeated Alaska and St. Cloud. Sprinkled in there are sweeps by Minnesota, Michigan Tech, Mankato and Bowling Green.

The fun line to watch right now for BSU it the "Triplet" Line, Myles, Gerry and Leo Fitzgerald. They are a little on the small side, but are fast and have been playing together for years. Last weekend was the first weekend all three of them involved on a goal. BSU fans are hoping to see more of that.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I think that we should have a contest about how many Fitzg3rlds we'll see this year.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              But the 7:07 time is on everyone's tickets!! Sigh.
                              I changed the time on my ticket so I can get in at 4:07 and be drinking a beer at 4:09.

Comment

Working...
                              X