PDA

View Full Version : BGSU @ NMU: Our S.O.S. Goes to 11...

Pages : [1] 2

RaceBoarder
12-01-2014, 06:06 PM
NMU is coming off a 2nd split in Alaska...

BGSU had a hard fought battle with Bye over the turkey...

Well kids, it's time for NMU to put their Big Boy pants on... The next 4 series will be NMU's toughest stretch of the season... If we want to contend for the conference, points are a must this weekend... Hoping for 3-4 points... BGSU is gonna make us earn it however :(

What's the word from Ohio?

BGFan
12-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Cautiously optimistic. How's that for a cop out. :) I'm optimistic due to our successes against you over the last several years even when we stunk, but our success this year still hasn't erased the overall futility I've felt about the program over the last decade and a half. I like what I'm seeing, but I need to see more before I'm convinced that we're contenders once again, regardless of our current rankings.

Due to the above statement, I will keep quiet about what I think the results should be. :p

RaceBoarder
12-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Cautiously optimistic. How's that for a cop out. :) I'm optimistic due to our successes against you over the last several years even when we stunk, but our success this year still hasn't erased the overall futility I've felt about the program over the last decade and a half. I like what I'm seeing, but I need to see more before I'm convinced that we're contenders once again, regardless of our current rankings.

Due to the above statement, I will keep quiet about what I think the results should be. :p

Thanks for reminding me about the last few years of playoffs :mad:

I hear you about the feeling on your team however... That's how I feel about NMU.... We just haven't played anyone yet for the most part... Our S.O.S. is somewhere in the 40s... You guys are the first true test we'll see...

aparch
12-02-2014, 09:57 PM

I hear you about the feeling on your team however... That's how I feel about NMU.... We just haven't played anyone yet for the most part... Our S.O.S. is somewhere in the 40s... You guys are the first true test we'll see...

It ain't just the last few years they've wrecked the 'Cats playoff hopes. http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey/2001/03/13/bowling-green-vs-northern-michigan/

:mad:

I sadly remember this game. Ugh.

BGFan
12-03-2014, 08:22 AM

Basically what I've been thinking going into this series. Hopefully the team hasn't been thinking that. Overconfidence can be a killer.

TalonsUpPuckDown
12-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Echoing BGFan. We aren't sneaking up on anybody anymore and it will be interesting to see how we play with a target on our backs.

aparch
12-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Big series.

I hope the locals realize this and pack the place.

NMU Fan
12-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Big series.

I'll be there both nights. Attendance will be interesting with the Craft Show at the Dome and MSHS at Lakeview.

NMUFAN
12-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Big series.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on it.

RaceBoarder
12-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Let's go cats!

:d

gfmorris
12-05-2014, 08:40 PM
What the ...

GFM

aparch
12-05-2014, 08:50 PM
What the ...

GFM
I believe the term is "statistical correction."

The stellar defense that the 'Cats started with wasn't their level of play, and now the 'Cats are paying for it.

NMU Fan
12-05-2014, 09:01 PM
How about that for intensity. I'll gladly take the tie after being down 5-3. Those last 10 minutes and overtime produced some awesome back and forth hockey. Great game to watch. That said defense needs to step up tomorrow.

davyd83
12-05-2014, 09:44 PM

The stellar defense that the 'Cats started with wasn't their level of play, and now the 'Cats are paying for it.

They're "paying for it?"

gfmorris
12-06-2014, 08:54 AM

So it's a regression to the mean now that they're playing better competition?

GFM

aparch
12-06-2014, 09:57 AM
So it's a regression to the mean now that they're playing better competition?

GFM

Exactly.

Because allowing 13 goals in the last four games is a complete 180 of allowing just six goals in nine games. It'll normalize, but it's just frustrating to see it happen as a fan. I guess it's better that it happens now and not late February...

davyd83
12-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Exactly.

Because allowing 13 goals in the last four games is a complete 180 of allowing just six goals in nine games. It'll normalize, but it's just frustrating to see it happen as a fan. I guess it's better that it happens now and not late February...
Seeing a team that is 8-3-2 is pretty encouraging, and likely a bit better than the most optimistic fans hoped for. 8 goals allowed in four games on a 12 day trip four time zones away isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. Last night certainly left something to be desired defensively, but during the course of a 36 game season, there will be a few anomalies. One must also take into consideration that the Bowling Green Squad, one of the top offensive teams in the WCHA was coming off a bye week, while NMU was coming off that long roadie.

NMU Fan
12-06-2014, 11:17 AM
On another note, why didn't Shine play last night?

davyd83
12-06-2014, 12:48 PM
On another note, why didn't Shine play last night?

Injured. Out tonight too.

RapidsCity
12-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Watching the WCHA TV broadcast from last night. Usually NMU has a pretty good broadcast, but those guys were brutal.